News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

erasure fan1

I'm good freinds with someone who did a test voyage and the basic take on it was it didn't feel like a Star Wars experience at all and that it was a generic space hotel.
That doesn't surprise me at all. Look at the sequels and the star wars stories as an example. Outside of Chewbacca, how many classic aliens and droids did you see? Not many. It all goes back to the Disney philosophy of, if we slap the star wars name on it, everyone will love it no matter what. I guess we'll see if that works for this experience. But something tells me that this will have major changes sooner rather than later.

CinematicFusion

I'm good freinds with someone who did a test voyage and the basic take on it was it didn't feel like a Star Wars experience at all and that it was a generic space hotel. The actors are good, but since it's all characters no one has seen before, there's was no real excitement to it. It was like if you gave the Citizens of Hollywood space uniforms and told them to not be funny. They walk around trying to make situations work, like a bad guy yelling at bartender he wants a drink, but he hasn't paid his tab so he can't and leaves. The rooms were comparable to cruise ship cabins but not as nice and more claustrophobic. There's no real resort amenities here, but we all know that. The highlight was going to Galaxies Edge. The detail in the land and attractions surpassed, in their opinion, what they experienced onboard. They said, "you have 14 acre, billion dollar land vs. a "Space Dave and Buster's." They said the food was excellent but that alone can't justify the cost. The biggest take away was that this resort needs loads of Star Wars characters...and there's none. Chewie...Rey and Kylo...if you even really consider them Star Wars characters. People are going to be paying a ton of cash expecting Star Wars and Disney is not giving them what they want. They compared it to building a Lord of the Rings resort, with 2 characters from the Hobbit.
They said, "you have 14 acre, billion dollar land vs. a "Space Dave and Buster's."
Wow!

Skywise

Not saying it's a good explanation (and definitely one most will not know about) but apparently in one of the comic books released about the starcruiser, the owner installed the training center for the Jedi to use while aboard the ship.
That's a REALLY dumb explanation. First off, there aren't THAT many Jedis to warrant carving out that much space on a cruiser that would be unused, like 99% of the time. It'd be like putting a chemistry lab on a cruise ship in case some esteemed scientists want to take a cruise. More to the point, Jedi don't DO "luxury" and wouldn't be ON a cruise to begin with.

Geez people - it's SIMPLE - Just say Kylo Ren ordered it installed - or better yet that Emperor Palpatine did (although the latter is a little trickier as I don't think his "Sith Lord" personae was ever public knowledge. But I bet you could get away with saying he liked to 'dabble')

We're way off the lore and Storytelling anyway (We offer a wide variety of light sabers in our gift shop on the mezzanine! Please stop by and check out our replicas of Darth Vaders lightsaber that you can own for your very own! Who's Darth Vader? Oh, we're not allowed to talk about him anymore.)

CinematicFusion

Wait, I thought it was confirmed that Chewie/Rey/Kylo are part of the story? So, I don't your friend saw the whole thing as part of their test. I think this goes back to...we need to take these test runs with a grain of salt until paying customers see the full show.
They said: “Chewie...Rey and Kylo...if you even really consider them Star Wars characters”
I consider Chewie a main character but I don’t have the emotional attachment to Rey and Kylo.(don’t hate the characters but Kylo has this fake/Disney Vader feel about him and those characters started off with so much promise. Now they feel forced upon us.)
They aren’t Han, Luke, Leia.
No Darth Vader in any of the new stuff is a flat out sin. Insane Disney pigeon holed the Star Wars theme park universe between TFA and TLJ. I’ll never understand why.

Simple fix would have been Disneyland has OT trilogy characters and DisneyWorld has NT characters since Batu has always been there.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 12.33.12 PM.png

This is the kind of tables and seating in the place? On a barren simple grey floor?

da f?

jinx8402

That's a REALLY dumb explanation. First off, there aren't THAT many Jedis to warrant carving out that much space on a cruiser that would be unused, like 99% of the time. It'd be like putting a chemistry lab on a cruise ship in case some esteemed scientists want to take a cruise. More to the point, Jedi don't DO "luxury" and wouldn't be ON a cruise to begin with.

Geez people - it's SIMPLE - Just say Kylo Ren ordered it installed - or better yet that Emperor Palpatine did (although the latter is a little trickier as I don't think his "Sith Lord" personae was ever public knowledge. But I bet you could get away with saying he liked to 'dabble')

We're way off the lore and Storytelling anyway (We offer a wide variety of light sabers in our gift shop on the mezzanine! Please stop by and check out our replicas of Darth Vaders lightsaber that you can own for your very own! Who's Darth Vader? Oh, we're not allowed to talk about him anymore.)
The halycon and the Jedi training room predate the purge, so yes there could be plenty of Jedi around at the time it was built. I haven't read the comics, just something I came across. But the time period for the comics start at the high republic era.

jinx8402

They said: “Chewie...Rey and Kylo...if you even really consider them Star Wars characters”
I consider Chewie a main character but I don’t have the emotional attachment to Rey and Kylo.(don’t hate the characters but Kylo has this fake/Disney Vader feel about him and those characters started off with so much promise. Now they feel forced upon us.)
They aren’t Han, Luke, Leia.
No Darth Vader in any of the new stuff is a flat out sin. Insane Disney pigeon holed the Star Wars theme park universe between TFA and TLJ. I’ll never understand why.

Simple fix would have been Disneyland has OT trilogy characters and DisneyWorld has NT characters since Batu has always been there.
They said those names after saying there were no characters, the implication being that at least those characters could at least be there and were not. If I read their friend's report incorrectly, I apologize.

I do agree with the timeline, and also had similar thoughts on doing two different timelines on each coast just to differentiate the two. But even if they did as you said, there would be no OT in the starcruiser, which we are discussing.

Incomudro

Admittedly low quality videos, but they're not helping to do away with what many of us have believed was looking under executed for a while now.
I've really wanted to be wrong, but nothing is swaying my mind yet.
It looks like they put so little into it.
This lounge... There should have been a Star Wars Cantina band.
Even if they were animatronic. Then (and if other similar things are or were done) I could see where the money went, and see why it's so expensive.
But so far, everything looks like it was done on the cheap, but you're paying an insane rate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom