News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Hawg G

That was on Disney for releasing a marketing campaign that was decidedly underwhelming.

Add to the fact that this hotel was designed as a generic space fantasy hotel that combines elements from Epcot, Buck Rodgers, Battle Star Galactica and of course Star Wars and we get the blow back it’s receiving now.

But… as you say on 3/3 we will start getting answers.

Was it just a terrible marketing campaign and the experience is everything a Star Wars fan could hope for?

I can’t wait to see the reviews.

I was completely on board paying $7000.00 to experience a Star Wars hotel until I saw the marketing campaign.
Now I’m in wait and see mode and leaning more to not wanting to do it anymore.

3/3 we get answers…
Seeing as how the HUGE reveal from the very first cringe video was Gaya, and the real lounge with her in it is a minimally themed room with freakin moveable square tables in it, I think it’s pretty safe to say this wasn’t just marketing.

Unless Rey does surprise room visits in a metal bikini, there is no freakin way this is worth 6 grand. And I still foresee many people being livid, and demanding refunds on deposits and discounts on March stays. This just looks awful.

JoeCamel

I'm good freinds with someone who did a test voyage and the basic take on it was it didn't feel like a Star Wars experience at all and that it was a generic space hotel. The actors are good, but since it's all characters no one has seen before, there's was no real excitement to it. It was like if you gave the Citizens of Hollywood space uniforms and told them to not be funny. They walk around trying to make situations work, like a bad guy yelling at bartender he wants a drink, but he hasn't paid his tab so he can't and leaves. The rooms were comparable to cruise ship cabins but not as nice and more claustrophobic. There's no real resort amenities here, but we all know that. The highlight was going to Galaxies Edge. The detail in the land and attractions surpassed, in their opinion, what they experienced onboard. They said, "you have 14 acre, billion dollar land vs. a "Space Dave and Buster's." They said the food was excellent but that alone can't justify the cost. The biggest take away was that this resort needs loads of Star Wars characters...and there's none. Chewie...Rey and Kylo...if you even really consider them Star Wars characters. People are going to be paying a ton of cash expecting Star Wars and Disney is not giving them what they want. They compared it to building a Lord of the Rings resort, with 2 characters from the Hobbit.
And no wookie driving the bus?

Thelazer

It was like if you gave the Citizens of Hollywood space uniforms and told them to not be funny. They walk around trying to make situations work, like a bad guy yelling at bartender he wants a drink, but he hasn't paid his tab so he can't and leaves

Just wait till they bring in the script writers team to try to "Plus" it up with Space Jokes.
We could see the return of Galaxy Search!

durangojim

If anyone is wondering how the deck plans fit within this structure, I made a very basic image.
093EEE0F-E98F-405E-BBB6-08F1A44C5E92.jpeg

durangojim

Seeing as how the HUGE reveal from the very first cringe video was Gaya, and the real lounge with her in it is a minimally themed room with freakin moveable square tables in it, I think it’s pretty safe to say this wasn’t just marketing.

Unless Rey does surprise room visits in a metal bikini, there is no freakin way this is worth 6 grand. And I still foresee many people being livid, and demanding refunds on deposits and discounts on March stays. This just looks awful.
I don’t think that was the lounge. I think that’s the dining room.

WDWJoeG

I'm good freinds with someone who did a test voyage and the basic take on it was it didn't feel like a Star Wars experience at all and that it was a generic space hotel. The actors are good, but since it's all characters no one has seen before, there's was no real excitement to it. It was like if you gave the Citizens of Hollywood space uniforms and told them to not be funny. They walk around trying to make situations work, like a bad guy yelling at bartender he wants a drink, but he hasn't paid his tab so he can't and leaves. The rooms were comparable to cruise ship cabins but not as nice and more claustrophobic. There's no real resort amenities here, but we all know that. The highlight was going to Galaxies Edge. The detail in the land and attractions surpassed, in their opinion, what they experienced onboard. They said, "you have 14 acre, billion dollar land vs. a "Space Dave and Buster's." They said the food was excellent but that alone can't justify the cost. The biggest take away was that this resort needs loads of Star Wars characters...and there's none. Chewie...Rey and Kylo...if you even really consider them Star Wars characters. People are going to be paying a ton of cash expecting Star Wars and Disney is not giving them what they want. They compared it to building a Lord of the Rings resort, with 2 characters from the Hobbit.
Did they get an explanation of why there is light saber training on a cruise ship?

Why would a passenger on a luxury cruise ship be trained on how to use the deadly weapon of the Jedi?

What was the immersive/in-world explanation for that?

When I go on a Regent cruise do I get AR-15 training? Or better yet, with a plastic gun?

Last edited:

_caleb

Custom fixtures really isn’t much of a thing, especially for commercial fixtures that are used a lot and have to hold up to abuse. There’s a lot of engineering and design that goes into toilets and there are a lot regulations that go into bathroom design.

Bathrooms are also weird psychologically. Immersion very much does and pretty much has to end at the door. The restrooms in Africa and Asia at Disney’s Animal Kingdom are very easy to see this where the land outside is old and worn but the bathrooms are fresh and new. Just bad lighting can make people think a bathroom is small and dirty.
I understand. Thanks for explaining!

lazyboy97o

I have a video of a walkthrough of one of the regular cabins. In my opinion it looks fine as in adequate…for a $200 a night value resort. If anyone wants to see it, pm me and I’ll send a link. It’s from a tiktoker who is on the ship apparently. A couple interesting observations: there is a phone in the room which is built into the wall. The room is small. The doors are pocket doors so at least they kept that aesthetic.
View attachment 623562
View attachment 623563
View attachment 623564
View attachment 623565
These just look tight. For a company that does so much for accessible inclusion it is disappointing that when it comes to hotel rooms they still rather aggressively pursue the bare minimum of accessibility. Disney knows they get a wider variety of guests with more needs than the minimums require.

jinx8402

Did they get an explanation of why there is light saber training on a cruise ship?

Why would a passenger on a luxury cruise ship be trained on how to use the deadly weapon of the Jedi?

What was the immersive/in-world explanation for that?

When I go on a Regents cruise do I get AR-15 training? Or better yet, with a plastic gun?
Not saying it's a good explanation (and definitely one most will not know about) but apparently in one of the comic books released about the starcruiser, the owner installed the training center for the Jedi to use while aboard the ship.

Tha Realest

People are going to be paying a ton of cash expecting Star Wars and Disney is not giving them what they want. They compared it to building a Lord of the Rings resort, with 2 characters from the Hobbit.
This is consistent with the broader criticism of GE - that it's bizarrely set at a fixed point in time to a series of films that have not had anywhere near the popularity of the original series. As someone has said, it's like building Harry Potter land but restricting it to the last Wizarding World film.

Plus, (SPOILERS), all of the First Order AAs featured in ROTR are dead as of the events of the last Star Wars film.

jinx8402

Wait, I thought it was confirmed that Chewie/Rey/Kylo are part of the story? So, I don't your friend saw the whole thing as part of their test. I think this goes back to...we need to take these test runs with a grain of salt until paying customers see the full show.

WowFactor

I have a video of a walkthrough of one of the regular cabins. In my opinion it looks fine as in adequate…for a $200 a night value resort. If anyone wants to see it, pm me and I’ll send a link. It’s from a tiktoker who is on the ship apparently. A couple interesting observations: there is a phone in the room which is built into the wall. The room is small. The doors are pocket doors so at least they kept that aesthetic.
View attachment 623562
View attachment 623563
View attachment 623564
Oh, boy, this looks… Oh, nevermind.
Did they at least keep the suction system used in aircrafts and cruises? I think this would be great for the illusion and it never hurts to save water in space 😉

kingdead

For the cost, you should get Rey, Kylo, and (since this is a truly all inclusive resort) Chewbacca...

The rooms do look a little like a love hotel with a sci fi theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom