News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

TikibirdLand

Just saw "JoJo"'s video. I don't normally follow him. It was interesting that he's got the same gushing of the starcruiser as I saw with Peter and Kitra. Indeed, I never heard him disclose that his trip was comp'd by Disney except in the comments. That's a bit disingenuous.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Takers was in 2009/2010. His daughter with his ex girlfriend was born in 2014.
It’s very easy to track “the Star Wars effect” with now 6 bad movies in the can over two “generations” with up and coming actors…

All you have to do is look at IMDb, for gods sakes…that and the actors all admit it when it happens to them.

For instance: one miss Ridley had a tremendous flop in 2021 and only one other attached project with no release date in sight.

Bad Star Wars sticks to your ribs. Christiansen is the most glaring example of the last go around. Alden ehrenrich will work for food.

Others have feared better…Adam driver I will admit had managed to stay the course.

Ironically…felicity Jones is ok…so is Diego Luna.
Maybe Kath wasn’t right about having an actual fan like Gareth edwards being “the worst thing ever” wasn’t right afterall?

But here we are…it’s a disney thing…they have nor will ever do a single damn thing wrong. Because to accept that would spoil my dreams tonight about my next trip to port orleans in 567 days…amiright?!?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ironic that the most fresh thing thing that came from the trilogy was relegated by Disney.
The bromance between Fin and Poe was thrown down to the gutter.

Kinda reminds me of the infamous cartoons that were trashed because they were not hitting what the merchandise interests studies wanted. Example, some cartoons were insanely popular with girls, who were buying the merch. But the execs of Cartoon Network found this bad and cancelled the show despite the very popular.
CN popularity going to the gutter made them revive the show 3 or more years later.. too little too late.

So in the case of Fin and Poe. Makes me wonder if some ahole Disney exec went like this:
Intern: "Fin and Poe are very popular, they are selling more than Rey!"
Disney exec: "Wait, thats illegal! Rey should be selling more!
Disney Exec: "quick, make reshots of the next movies and put Fin and Poe in the back burner"
Disney Exec: " I'm a genious!"
I don’t ever remember anyone calling Princess Leia a “sissy”…the character build that did not strip her biology away was unique and still is a driver for a lot of the appeal for the OT.

Disney’s marketing planners made a big mistake in doing that in 2015. Instead of building a character “better than the boys”…then produced one with no appeal because they stuck her in a “slot” of mimicking the boys…and that is hard to understand when you are so good at manipulating tendencies and emotions as the dwarf house.

Failure of leadership…

Ugh…where’s that drink?

How many days we got till the vloggers walk out into the sun and proclaiming how “immersive” this is??? Bout 10?

Last edited:

celluloid

Best promo so far for sure is that most recent one released. Not because it is great, but because the others are so bad. Looks like we know where the core software of those Space Mt. Queue type games went to.

Also, incredible heavy synergy that the under 3-minute video had nearly 30 seconds talking about the material a fan should read from the comic set before they arrive and another 20 featuring Batu in the park. Ha.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think the goal is to charge more then an extra 10%

Want to reduce attendance. No. Willing to accept the loss of a few "cheapskates" who aren't willing to pay $$$. Yes. Pruning. Get rid of the dead wood.
I don’t believe any paupers have set foot on that property in quite awhile…

That’s why they don’t have a dollar general

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’d love to see the boot up screen for all of the “windows”.
Since I’m an “insider”..:I’ll show it to you:

1645321332447.png

MagicHappens1971

Disney just opened up applications for current DCP participants to transfer into Galactic Starcruiser. Seems like a very interesting choice, I personally will be doing the DCP this coming spring and have plenty of customer service experience and could see myself working here, but for the large majority of current DCP participants, it seems odd that Disney would throw them at the clientele that will be boarding the Starcruiser.

Figments Friend

Been hearing from Bothan Spies that the cruises' best part is the food.
Other experiences aren't quite 6k worthy...but others mileage may vary.
It's also still a 'test period' so....

Expect about two dozen YouTube videos in the coming days covering the 'experience' of riding the shuttle service to Batuu ...( in the box truck, remember? ).
Vloggers won't be able to hold themselves back.
They are going to be tripping over each other to 'be the first!'.

Can't wait for the media onslaught.
This is going to be bloody....and bloody good, but no blood here as no Bothans died during this mission.
So it's not all bad.

-

Cesar R M

Except in the video on the very post you've just quoted they don't do that at all, it's almost as if you didn't watch it but went off the standard mantra of "All vloggers won't criticise Disney" even those there's evidence of them doing so?
Ironically, just says about the downturn of Disney quality.
Almost all vloggers used to smooch Disney's butt regardless of everything.

But now...?

Cesar R M

Just saw "JoJo"'s video. I don't normally follow him. It was interesting that he's got the same gushing of the starcruiser as I saw with Peter and Kitra. Indeed, I never heard him disclose that his trip was comp'd by Disney except in the comments. That's a bit disingenuous.
I think it was in his instagram where he says "he got invited".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom