News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

ImperfectPixie

I'll disagree that it is anchored on just one show. My SW fan friend's love of SW is far more than Mando and Baby Yoda (sorry Grogu is an awful name). My disappointment with BoBF hangs on my love of how bad-*** he was in the movies I saw as a kid. I still have an original Boba Fett action figure I played with as a kid. They turned Boba into a wuss. Mando kicked his butt on the show. Anyway.

I do think their vision for this is faulty. Hopefully they can fix somehow.
SPOILER ALERT, PLEASE!!!

We've been waiting for the entire season to drop so we can binge it.

mergatroid

They run a fan film site that would go down the tubes quick if they said anything negative about Disney. Disney doesn’t have to do anything other than invite them to a boondoggle or two once in awhile. If they started getting critical or negative they’d get frozen out quick. As the LA Times.
You mean like the 24 minute mark here where they criticise the price massively? Look at the title of the video but yes, they're scared of saying anything negative about Disney?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You mean like the 24 minute mark here where they criticise the price massively? Look at the title of the video but yes, they're scared of saying anything negative about Disney?

“Criticism” on Disney vlogs always seems canned…

“Well we have to criticize ____ about our free stay (please click sponsors below…)”

“Now it’s time to pay the price🙄

TalkingHead

Or they gently criticize the price and then say it’s amazing and worth every penny and Disney could even charge more and it’d still be a bargain for the experience, etc.

Personally, I wouldn’t trust a positive review from the film/parks blogger sphere for anything. There’s too much at stake for them.

mergatroid

Or they gently criticize the price and then say it’s amazing and worth every penny and Disney could even charge more and it’d still be a bargain for the experience, etc.

Personally, I wouldn’t trust a positive review from the film/parks blogger sphere for anything. There’s too much at stake for them.
Except in the video on the very post you've just quoted they don't do that at all, it's almost as if you didn't watch it but went off the standard mantra of "All vloggers won't criticise Disney" even though there's evidence of them doing so?

Last edited:

TalkingHead

Except in the video on the very post you've just quoted they don't do that at all, it's almost as if you didn't watch it but went off the standard mantra of "All vloggers won't criticise Disney" even those there's evidence of them doing so?
I was basing it off his “so hyped” Starcruiser tweet, his positive review of Rise of Skywalker (“Abrams brings a magical energy to these characters and their interactions. I can’t wait to see it again”), etc. He knows what he’s doing; he’s studied the Harry Knowles playbook.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Can you imagine a full size Millennium Falcon, an X-Wing, A-Wing etc out front of each building? I'd be there in a heartbeat. It would sell out regardless of the room's look. I could dream up all kinds of over-the-top ideas for a hotel like this!
That would be an appropriate use of those types of things…

Instead…they’re very large, non functioning props in an underequipped land that has to sustain studios for 20 years…at least

mergatroid

I was basing it off his “so hyped” Starcruiser tweet, his positive review of Rise of Skywalker (“Abrams brings a magical energy to these characters and their interactions. I can’t wait to see it again”), etc. He knows what he’s doing; he’s studied the Harry Knowles playbook.
But the argument was that they wouldn't criticise anything to do with Disney and the Starcruise and I showed they would. I don't get why you're using the fact he liked 'The Rise of Skywalker' as proof that he'd lie about the Starcruise, maybe he liked the movie?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom