News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

danv3

There has been absolutely nothing shown that has been mind-blowing or fantastical looking to have buzz around it. Not one, single, thing.

This right here. I understand that they want to hold back some big reveals. OK, fine. But show us one "wow" moment. So far we've seen Josh playing lightsaber (looked awful, tbh), Josh playing on the plastic bridge (yikes), and some sitcom guy bobbing his head to a Twi'lek singer (eek).

At this point, it's reasonable to think that they've shown us most of their hand (the finale show being the remaining surprise). Yikes.

Incomudro

This right here. I understand that they want to hold back some big reveals. OK, fine. But show us one "wow" moment. So far we've seen Josh playing lightsaber (looked awful, tbh), Josh playing on the plastic bridge (yikes), and some sitcom guy bobbing his head to a Twi'lek singer (eek).

At this point, it's reasonable to think that they've shown us most of their hand (the finale show being the remaining surprise). Yikes.
In the concept art there's a hologram effect.
Perhaps that's really cool, and they're holding off showing it.
I'd imagine that's used in some key par of the storyline.
Hopefully the bridge screen effects look fantastic.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
DCL, Adventures by Disney, Disney resorts and even restaurants are priced almost twice what they would be if not for Disney. The question is if the Starcruiser experience is worth 3K not 6K.
Interesting way of looking at it…this may not be a 1:1 this time. Because adventure is super niche and there will be no meet and greets with Pooh to dull your senses like dcl and Disney parks

But good point

Casper Gutman

That's good, I'm pleased for you. The reason I mentioned it is people say that vloggers will only give positive reviews because they want freebies from Disney etc. I'm reliably informed that this couple is independently wealthy through a business unrelated to youtube. If that's the case then it kind of goes against the logic some have about their motives and that's the only reason I've mentioned it.

I'm still in a position where I have no idea whether this venture will be great, be ok or be awful. There's an element of subjectivity I'd argue also. If you hate the new Star Wars then it's probably not for you, they're hardly hiding that fact though. Also that couple haven't visited it yet, they may come back and say they hated it in which case it means they hated it. It is nice however to see a couple who are Star Wars fans, who've paid for a stay and are really excited about the prospect of hopefully having a great time. They've admitted they're positive people and they're aware many are negative about the experience but they're still looking forward to it. I hope they enjoy it and have a great time, time will tell.
(Raises hand) I really like most of Disney’s Star Wars, with the exception of Rise of Skywalker, which was shockingly awful, and Rogue One, which was self-indulgently dour. And I think the Starliner looks like garbage.

Also, the issue with vloggers isn’t money, it’s access. If this couple spend their time vlogging about Disney, ESPECIALLY if they are independently wealthy, they do it because they really enjoy it. And if Disney decides they are more of a negative then a positive, the company can essentially shut down the access that lets them do what they love.

correcaminos

That’s wdw as a whole…all of it. It was not designed or built to hold that mantle…which is why it’s been so successful.

And they decided they wanted “boutique”…which carries expectations they have never shown an ability to handle. The “grand” was never “grand” at all. Been behind the curtain.

So they will have a long, painful shakeout with this…I think. They could have just done an All-Stars for $400 a night with cheese Star Wars and scratched the customers itch. but they also approved/designed this thing when they believed what they were doing with Star Wars was correct…and that isn’t even close only a few years later. The entire franchise is anchored on one streaming show and OT toys right now.

Hubris is the only word that fits.
I'll disagree that it is anchored on just one show. My SW fan friend's love of SW is far more than Mando and Baby Yoda (sorry Grogu is an awful name). My disappointment with BoBF hangs on my love of how bad- he was in the movies I saw as a kid. I still have an original Boba Fett action figure I played with as a kid. They turned Boba into a wuss. Mando kicked his butt on the show. Anyway.

I do think their vision for this is faulty. Hopefully they can fix somehow.

Casper Gutman

I'll disagree that it is anchored on just one show. My SW fan friend's love of SW is far more than Mando and Baby Yoda (sorry Grogu is an awful name). My disappointment with BoBF hangs on my love of how bad-*** he was in the movies I saw as a kid. I still have an original Boba Fett action figure I played with as a kid. They turned Boba into a wuss. Mando kicked his butt on the show. Anyway.

I mean, in the movies he basically stood around before dying like a chump in a comically slapstick moment. The coolness came from the character design.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'll disagree that it is anchored on just one show. My SW fan friend's love of SW is far more than Mando and Baby Yoda (sorry Grogu is an awful name). My disappointment with BoBF hangs on my love of how bad-*** he was in the movies I saw as a kid. I still have an original Boba Fett action figure I played with as a kid. They turned Boba into a wuss. Mando kicked his butt on the show. Anyway.

That’s not what I’m saying…I’m saying what has DISNEY done to anchor/increase the fan base?

Not a whole hell of alot

Tha Realest

That's good, I'm pleased for you. The reason I mentioned it is people say that vloggers will only give positive reviews because they want freebies from Disney etc. I'm reliably informed that this couple is independently wealthy through a business unrelated to youtube. If that's the case then it kind of goes against the logic some have about their motives and that's the only reason I've mentioned it.
It’s a fan movie site that extensively covers Disney productions. To act as if neither of their streams of income are heavily dependent on being within the good graces of Disney is ridiculous.

lewisc

That’s not what I’m saying…I’m saying what has DISNEY done to anchor/increase the fan base?

Not a whole hell

Not a whole hell of alot
Disney is happy with the size of their fan base. Disney would like to do a little pruning. Get rid of those not willing to pay $$$

Driver

I wouldn’t expect you to carry the bucket on this one.
(Been a long cruise without Disney, sailor?)

there is zero…zero benefit to having “last minute bookings” on this.

who’s doing $5K on a whim?

realistically - no one. But I think this is more people about round here just being TOO PROUD of themselves thinking about all that “luxury” they bought with their amusement park DVC…we’ve all really “made it”, huh?
One of my CM friends wife works reservations. Back in October when they started taking reservations a guy called and booked a stay for he and his wife. Same call booked an additional stay for another time with add on’s, total cost $37,000......all on the C card

mergatroid

(Raises hand) I really like most of Disney’s Star Wars, with the exception of Rise of Skywalker, which was shockingly awful, and Rogue One, which was self-indulgently dour. And I think the Starliner looks like garbage.

Also, the issue with vloggers isn’t money, it’s access. If this couple spend their time vlogging about Disney, ESPECIALLY if they are independently wealthy, they do it because they really enjoy it. And if Disney decides they are more of a negative then a positive, the company can essentially shut down the access that lets them do what they love.
They're annual pass holders who can easily afford to pay for any event Disney offer them. As far as I'm aware no paying guest has been stopped from going to Disney because they said they didn't like something? I doubt Steve who runs this site has been warned not to let people make negative threads or else we won't let you in the parks?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom