News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Right, if the “rumors” are true...double occupancy (based on first two people as adults). The same way all inclusive resorts are priced.

All inclusive...maybe...who knows what stomach disney has for no "pay as you go"...

They really have never shown any tolerance for it...or experience doing it...

21stamps

All inclusive...maybe...who knows what stomach disney has for no "pay as you go"...

They really have never shown any tolerance for it...or experience doing it...
A Disney “package” is basically making an all inclusive vacation. It’s not that far of stretch.

Even with true “all inclusives” there is always additional paid options to choose from on top of what you’ve already paid.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A Disney “package” is basically making an all inclusive vacation. It’s not that far of stretch.

Even with true “all inclusives” there is always additional paid options to choose from on top of what you’ve already paid.

Point one: no...other than the very high end ones they've dabble with...disney packages are limited/coupon based.

Point two: correct...I'm not suggesting they're putting in a free gift shop ;)

21stamps

Point one: no...other than the very high end ones they've dabble with...disney packages are limited/coupon based.

Point two: correct...I'm not suggesting they're putting in a free gift shop ;)

I’m not talking about gift shops. Excursions, certain activities cost extra even at an all inclusive resort. Purchasing a Disney resort/dining/ticket package is basically the same as purchasing a vacation at a resort that charges one price for similar.
Both have options above the “included”. Whether it’s a Beaches, or any other “all inclusive” that costs less.
It’s an “all in one” payment for the bulk of the trip..you can spend extra, or you can choose to only use what’s in your included package.

Disney is already offering that.

21stamps

I’ll add that Disney is currently offering a customizable (cheaper) version of a standard all inclusive “double occupancy” format.

If the SW hotel goes to an actual “based on 2 adults”, I’ll be shocked.. if it’s presented as a “package”.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ll add that Disney is currently offering a customizable (cheaper) version of a standard all inclusive “double occupancy” format.

If the SW hotel goes to an actual “based on 2 adults”, I’ll be shocked.. if it’s presented as a “package”.

I've still yet to see an "all inclusive"
Disney package on par with facilities designed with that approach in mind (and I used to help set up packages...so i'm not a complete novice...)

The closest is the old "gold key" packages (the stuff of legend)...Deluxe Magic...and I suppose the MYW + deluxe - but even that has more limits.

I'm sure they'll figure it out somehow...but they're not really designed for it.

21stamps

I've still yet to see an "all inclusive"
Disney package on par with facilities designed with that approach in mind (and I used to help set up packages...so i'm not a complete novice...)

The closest is the old "gold key" packages (the stuff of legend)...Deluxe Magic...and I suppose the MYW + deluxe - but even that has more limits.

I'm sure they'll figure it out somehow...but they're not really designed for it.

Why do you think it’s such a stretch?(If rumors are true) Build a hotel, charge an all inclusive price for included amenities/adventures.

They already have so much included in their current packages, doesn’t sound too far off to me. This where I think people put some kind of blinders towards the world outside of Disney.. from transportation to included activities, they offer much more than most resorts already. I don’t see a cause for doubt as to why they couldn’t do the same with an “all inclusive Star Wars resort”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why do you think it’s such a stretch?(If rumors are true) Build a hotel, charge an all inclusive price for included amenities/adventures.

They already have so much included in their current packages, doesn’t sound too far off to me. This where I think people put some kind of blinders towards the world outside of Disney.. from transportation to included activities, they offer much more than most resorts already. I don’t see a cause for doubt as to why they couldn’t do the same with an “all inclusive Star Wars resort”

Oh i don't think it's a "stretch"...did I say that? If I did it was a mental burp...

I'm just saying it's new ground. And one of my longstanding assertions (because it's true) is that disney is NOT a very efficient hotel operator. They're almost successful in spite of themselves.

There's ALOT of ground to cover here for disney before we see a ribbon cutting. Both with the logistics and with what they're gonna do with the Star Wars IP. They need new leadership at Lucasfilm...at a minimum .

PorterRedkey

My thoughts are this will be like a cruise ship. Only it only simulates going somewhere - SPACE!

I imagine the following setup if they go with the cruise model:
  • The Star Wars Hotel (SWH) stays will be a specific length, like cruises. Most likely 3 days and 2 nights.
    • Example: You arrive on Saturday between 3:30 and 4pm, stay Sat and Sunday night and leave by 11am on Monday. The next wave of guests will arrive Monday between 3:30 and 4pm and the whole cruise/show begins again.
  • You will only be able to arrive on certain days - specific trip start dates.
    • In the case of the example above you couldn't arrive on Sunday, because the cruise is in space.
  • There will be basic meals provided for the length of your stay.
    • 2 dinners, 1 lunch and, 1 or 2 breakfast
    • One dinner will include a show/dinner theater.
    • Simply cold sandwiches will be available from room service (included).
    • Alcohol/Specialty drinks will not be included
    • There will be other quick-service restaurants (at additional cost) for when the main dining rooms are not open.
  • There will be add-ons available to purchase at an additional price on some menus
    • Ex: Add a Space Crustacean (lobster) for $35
    • Or menu is price fixed and contains a basic level (free) with other levels available to upgrade to.
  • You will not be able to leave the spaceship/hotel during the cruise. (Except for when you get to Battu, you get to go to Galaxy's Edge.)
  • There will be plenty of onboard activities to keep you busy.
    • Themed pool with a nice view of the stars or a nebula.
    • Themed bar with nightclub entertainment.
    • "Training simulators" for young pilots aka Arcade games (not included in price)
    • "Something goes wrong" crisis during the trip
    • "Duty-free" space shopping
    • On-board interactions with role-playing cast members. Nerf herders, rebels and maybe even droids?
    • Daily activities that you can select to participate in for free.
    • Space games
For anyone in the know, @marni1971, @Magic Feather, is this close to what they are thinking, am I way off, or is it too soon to tell?

Dutch Inn '76

Except he didn't get killed. He passed on and became one with the Force like every Jedi Master before him has, this after accomplishing one of the most amazingly awesome feats of using the Force ever shown onscreen. The character had a natural end to his arc that started all the way back in A New Hope while also leaving the option for him to reappear in future movies as a Force Ghost. If you think they simply "killed him off" then you sir, are the clueless one!

OH COME ON! You know what I mean! Luke Skywalker - you know, Mr. Star Wars - is now limited to "walking" around with a funny glow around him and giving bits of advice to the untrained girl wonder. That's disappointing to this lifelong SW fan.

nickys

Premium Member
My thoughts are this will be like a cruise ship. Only it only simulates going somewhere - SPACE!

• The Star Wars Hotel (SWH) stays will be a specific length, like cruises. Most likely 3 days and 2 nights.
    • Example: You arrive on Saturday between 3:30 and 4pm, stay Sat and Sunday night and leave by 11am on Monday. The next wave of guests will arrive Monday between 3:30 and 4pm and the whole cruise/show begins again.
    • In the case of the example above you couldn't arrive on Sunday, because the cruise is in space.
    • There will be other quick-service restaurants (at additional cost) for when the main dining rooms are not open.
  • There will be add-ons available to purchase at an additional price on some menus
    • Or menu is price fixed and contains a basic level (free) with other levels available to upgrade to.
  • You will not be able to leave the spaceship/hotel during the cruise. (Except for when you get to Battu, you get to go to Galaxy's Edge.)
    • "Training simulators" for young pilots aka Arcade games (not included in price)
    • On-board interactions with role-playing cast members. Nerf herders, rebels and maybe even droids?
    • Space games
For anyone in the know, @marni1971, @Magic Feather, is this close to what they are thinking, am I way off, or is it too soon to tell?

There's an entire thread of a gazillion pages of people arguing/debating this, especially that last paragraph! In particular the apparently most contentious issue in the whole of WDW's history of whether they could stop people leaving the cruise ship. Let's not repeat that debate here, please! :arghh::banghead:;)

As far as I recall the wording at D23 was "fully immersive".

GlacierGlacier

• Space games
If it's more along the lines of the Cruise lines, it'd be a lot more inclusive price-wise. It's not like Carnival where they nickle and dime you for everything. You'd probably get all food (except exclusive premium restaurants) and most experiences included with admission. Merch, alcohol, and premium experiences would probably be a la carté. Or at least, that's what they do on the cruise line (Those premium experiences I'd compare to excursions).

nickys

Premium Member
OH COME ON! You know what I mean! Luke Skywalker - you know, Mr. Star Wars - is now limited to "walking" around with a funny glow around him and giving bits of advice to the untrained girl wonder. That's disappointing to this lifelong SW fan.

I couldn't help but wonder if they later regretted that particular story line, given Carrie's sad passing. :confused: It kind of leaves no legacy from the original trilogy. They clearly still expected Leia to be around for episode 9.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

No joke...

Now that the movie went away...quickly...we still have to argue the rian Johnson misguided "nuance"?

Let it go, people...the movies quality is to be determined in the long term now...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I couldn't help but wonder if they later regretted that particular story line, given Carrie's sad passing. :confused: It kind of leaves no legacy from the original trilogy. They clearly still expected Leia to be around for episode 9.

I honestly can't figure out how disney allowed the movie to be released in its form based on the circumstances...

I'm of the belief that Colin treverow saw the rough cut and said "this is awful...there's no where to go with this"

And he was fired for it...when Kennedy should have fired the girl in the mirror.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If it's more along the lines of the Cruise lines, it'd be a lot more inclusive price-wise. It's not like Carnival where they nickle and dime you for everything. You'd probably get all food (except exclusive premium restaurants) and most experiences included with admission. Merch, alcohol, and premium experiences would probably be a la carté. Or at least, that's what they do on the cruise line (Those premium experiences I'd compare to excursions).

Pretty much all cruise lines do add ons now except the really high end.

That includes the Mickey boat...which is twice the cost it should be upfront as well.

PorterRedkey

They have various price-fixed menus in DL-Paris, where there are different levels you can pay for, according to your budget. If could be an option for the SW hotel.

I really don't know if there will be many excursions type premium experiences. Maybe they could sell one for the afternoon of the second day. I just think the schedule will be busy.

Arrive 3:30-4 (no early arrival available, but waiting area is provided)
4-5 Get to the room and unpack.
6 Short, welcome program?
7:30- 9 Dinner service (Dinner show?)
9-12 Nightclub entertainment

Day 2:
7-10 breakfast service or Early access to SWL
10-12 Pool time activities
12-2 Lunch
2-6 Relax (enjoy the ship or maybe an upcharge "excursion" available here)
7:30-9 Dinner
9-midnight - Special Access to SW:GE

Day 3:
7-10 Breakfast
10-11 Depart the ship

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom