News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

jaxonp

Yeah, I'm tempted to do it myself if it happens and I hate SW. I love the concept, the only issue I see is when those "months" of fans or those who want to see this type of thing dry up then what. It's got a very high price point so doing it multiple times probably isn't an option for the overwhelming majority. I think you have to be really into SW or really into this type of immersive thing to spend that kind of money. For the average guests this is an extremely high priced add-on for people who probably wouldn't want to play along anyway.

My understanding is you could play along as much or as little as you want. Disney knows how’s to make a resort. This will be an awesome place.

s8film40

My understanding is you could play along as much or as little as you want. Disney knows how’s to make a resort. This will be an awesome place.
I agree it's an amazing concept, but I don't believe if you choose to play along less the price goes down. So then it just becomes a severely overpriced room.

HauntedMansionFLA

The evil empire is falling.
TFA nearly smashed all records due to Star Wars thirst. 2.06 B
R1 ends up very close 2nd for the year. 1.05 B
TLJ ends up number 1 for the year. 1.32 B

Let me remind everyone the TFA did way beyond expectations and set the bar rediculously high. The phantom menace did the same exact thing. Look at the drop off from PM to tCW. Star Wars is fine. I would agree Merch has been a little weak but they will adjust that and get new people in if they haven’t already! Y’all need to take several seats. Star Wars is the biggest franchise in movie history and it’s not going to go away because TLJ didn’t make 400 million dollars in China. News flash the mighty Force Awakens did like 120 mil there. And also Disney isn’t building SWGE in China either.

All numbers can be found at the-numbers.com
I was surprised I didnt see any crystal ice foxes that in TKJ for sell unless I missed them in the stores.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
From the announcement...it never seemed to me that they had any clue what they were gonna do at that point. They wanted the announcement and would figure out the rest later.

Similar to avatar...they didn't have a clue at that time.

They'll move forward later...don't think it's in trouble or being reconsidered at this point.

HauntedMansionFLA

I agree it's an amazing concept, but I don't believe if you choose to play along less the price goes down. So then it just becomes a severely overpriced room.
There are plenty of people who could care less about Disney, Mickey and Walt, but will go all out for a SW hotel. Like others said, don’t make it too big, focus on quality and they won’t have any problem keeping it filled. A lot won’t set foot past the hotel and SWL.

jaxonp

There are plenty of people who could care less about Disney, Mickey and Walt, but will go all out for a SW hotel. Like others said, don’t make it too big, focus on quality and they won’t have any problem keeping it filled. A lot won’t set foot past the hotel and SWL.

Exactly. This is why I keep saying that people need to worry about DHS capacity just as much as MK once SWGE opens.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Exactly. This is why I keep saying that people need to worry about DHS capacity just as much as MK once SWGE opens.

But based on your diatribe quoted above...you're a little on the "optimistic" side of where Star Wars is...

The rules are different for that than a marvel franchise...it's gonna take more...keep a close eye on it.

The solo trailer was good...better that the entire recent movie...so we got that for optimism, huh?

Last edited:

jaxonp

But based on your diatribe quoted above...you're a little on the "optimistic" side of where Star Wars is...

The rules are different for that than a marvel franchise...it's gonna take more...keep a close eye on it.

The solo trailer was good...better that the entire recent movie...so we got that for optimism, huh?

Ohh diatribe. Love that word! I’ll give it to you, if was hard to be optimistic about a 40 year franchise that has put billion dollar movie after billion dollar movie out.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ohh diatribe. Love that word! I’ll give it to you, if was hard to be optimistic about a 40 year franchise that has put billion dollar movie after billion dollar movie out.

It's actually quite easy to do that and support both the box office and disney...

It's actually much more taxing to start looking at where the road leads...or if it leads.

nickys

Premium Member
Yeah, I'm tempted to do it myself if it happens and I hate SW. I love the concept, the only issue I see is when those "months" of fans or those who want to see this type of thing dry up then what. It's got a very high price point so doing it multiple times probably isn't an option for the overwhelming majority. I think you have to be really into SW or really into this type of immersive thing to spend that kind of money. For the average guests this is an extremely high priced add-on for people who probably wouldn't want to play along anyway.

If demand dropped off they could, as others have said, change it so the "in depth" role playing happens at weekends, whilst other days it opens to others who just want to stay in a themed hotel.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
But did anyone from Disney actually say that would be the price point? I’m doubtful...

I don’t think a SW hotel is risky at all. It doesn’t need to be a huge resort.

I don't think a SW hotel is risky, either. It's a money maker for Disney, with the right theming/experience and at the right price point.

However, I think they over-estimate, as they are want to do these days, the number of people ready, willing, and able to drop a rumored $1k per night on an immersive SW resort experience. But more often than not, Disney sees the world thru money-colored glasses these days, and those glasses may be distorting their vision of reality on this particular endeavor.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't think a SW hotel is risky, either. It's a money maker for Disney, with the right theming/experience and at the right price point.

However, I think they over-estimate, as they are want to do these days, the number of people ready, willing, and able to drop a rumored $1k per night on an immersive SW resort experience. But more often than not, Disney sees the world thru money-colored glasses these days, and those glasses may be distorting their vision of reality on this particular endeavor.

Exaclty...this is me...

GET OUT OF MY BRAIN!!!

21stamps

I believe they are smart enough to figure out a correct price point.. not everyone will like it, but I don’t think it’s going to be a “Starting at $2k per night based on double occupancy” price. I guess we’ll see. I hope that I’m correct ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I believe they are smart enough to figure out a correct price point.. not everyone will like it, but I don’t think it’s going to be a “Starting at $2k per night based on double occupancy” price. I guess we’ll see. I hope that I’m correct ;)

Well...remember it will be priced per PERSON...not per room. That's why it's a bit uncharted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom