News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

mergatroid

This guy is doing a better job than Disney's own PR and Ad department lol.
The way this guy explains it, makes a lot of sense now. And if what he says is true.. than the entertainment cast members will be the ones who can make it or break it.
Well yes, we can agree on that. Perhaps it will be terrible, be ok or perhaps it will be great? When he describes what those working there have said to me it sounds very good potentially. However until it's experienced we won't know but so many appear to want it to fail. Time will tell and those who pay will decide.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

For those complaining that this woman is using an iPhone, this is done for a story reason, clearly. It's priming you to accept constant iPhone use in the Star Wars Universe, because the Play Disney Parks app is going to be ESSENTIAL to following this experience, and if you can't accept Star Wars characters being able to use an iPhone then the "full immersion" situation fails. I think this is a pretty clever way of slowly introducing the idea of the iPhone "datapad" in Star Wars Canon, considering that characters will likely have to acknowledge it.
Sucks for android users who book a stay I guess. Here is an idea, make your actual experience you built worth 6 grand for 2 nights and not have to rely on the phones they bring with them to help do your enterainment job for you.

Patcheslee

Well yes, we can agree on that. Perhaps it will be terrible, be ok or perhaps it will be great? When he describes what those working there have said to me it sounds very good potentially. However until it's experienced we won't know but so many appear to want it to fail. Time will tell and those who pay will decide.
It does sound better with his explanation, except for the possible "bumps" by CMs. Knowing my luck I'd be out of character and apologizing to a storm trooper. I just like my bubble though.

corran horn

The funny thing is they could have made it look like absolutely anything, or even something we've all seen in SW, heaven forbid. This was just another example of them being lazy.
CommandingPresence-SWL.png

Exactly, they could've made it look like absolutely anything (since its working is an effect anyway) so obviously they didn't with purpose.

I'm sure the device looks like a phone because using your own device will be integral to the experience and it's meant to be seen as a commonality rather than them being lazy because they didn't use some greeblie for her to hold when they obviously could've.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If the 'cruise' was affordable for me, I'd be going for the larping, and really wouldn't care much about the detailing of the physical plant.

If they get the LARPing right, the first reviews will be all about how wonderful the role-play was and how it felt you were in Star Wars even if the bridge didn't have enough spray-painted plastic bits hot glued all over the place to make it look 'real.'

If...

UNCgolf

If the 'cruise' was affordable for me, I'd be going for the larping, and really wouldn't care much about the detailing of the physical plant.

If they get the LARPing right, the first reviews will be all about how wonderful the role-play was and how it felt you were in Star Wars even if the bridge didn't have enough spray-painted plastic bits hot glued all over the place to make it look 'real.'

If...

Of course it's subjective and varies from person to person, but getting the actual setting right is the most important part of this experience IMO. If the setting is bad (and it is based on what they've shown thus far, but of course we haven't seen everything), what's the point? You could do LARPing somewhere else for far less money if the set isn't important.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Of course it's subjective and varies from person to person, but getting the actual setting right is the most important part of this experience IMO. If the setting is bad (and it is based on what they've shown thus far, but of course we haven't seen everything), what's the point? You could do LARPing somewhere else for far less money if the set isn't important.
And LARPing in living rooms, forests, and warehouse convention centers do happen.

But, they rarely happen with full-time cast of NPCs.

UNCgolf

And LARPing in living rooms, forests, and warehouse convention centers do happen.

But, they rarely happen with full-time cast of NPCs.

My thinking is that a group of people could pool their money and hire some actors to play characters in a LARP for a day or two for much less than this costs if the setting isn't that important.

I realize that's probably much easier said than done, though.

SWGalaxys_Edge

Have we not learned by now in 40+ years of Star Wars being around - Star Wars fans will *NEVER* be happy with anything?

Disney could have put out a 20 page survey asking details about "What would you like in a cruise" - gotten them back, given fans EVERYTHING they wanted and they [fans] would still complain. Its just in the DNA of the SW fandom.

There so much hate for Disney/Iger/Chapek/whoever, from a small but vocal group, that others listen to it and buy into it and pre-judge everything Disney does in a negative light. Everything. Am I happy with everything Disney has done with the Star Wars IP? Of course not, but I am adult enough to become educated about what they are doing and then WAIT and judge for myself.

People are gonna hate no matter what, that's fine I suppose, but when the minority (haters) are able to get the majority (on the fence) to listen to them and actually buy into their propaganda - that's where the problem lies. People don't think and judge for themselves. They are too quick to get the popular (usually negative) opinion and run with it.

Watch the first 10 minutes of any local newscast - 90% of the stories are of BAD THINGS - car crashes, people killed, banks robbed, etc...because NEGATIVITY SELLS and people feed off from it. Sad times.

SWGalaxys_Edge

My thinking is that a group of people could pool their money and hire some actors to play characters in a LARP for a day or two for much less than this costs if the setting isn't that important.

Unions
Contracts
Pay scale.

GimpYancIent

Have we not learned by now in 40+ years of Star Wars being around - Star Wars fans will *NEVER* be happy with anything?

Disney could have put out a 20 page survey asking details about "What would you like in a cruise" - gotten them back, given fans EVERYTHING they wanted and they [fans] would still complain. Its just in the DNA of the SW fandom.

There so much hate for Disney/Iger/Chapek/whoever, from a small but vocal group, that others listen to it and buy into it and pre-judge everything Disney does in a negative light. Everything. Am I happy with everything Disney has done with the Star Wars IP? Of course not, but I am adult enough to become educated about what they are doing and then WAIT and judge for myself.

People are gonna hate no matter what, that's fine I suppose, but when the minority (haters) are able to get the majority (on the fence) to listen to them and actually buy into their propaganda - that's where the problem lies. People don't think and judge for themselves. They are too quick to get the popular (usually negative) opinion and run with it.

Watch the first 10 minutes of any local newscast - 90% of the stories are of BAD THINGS - car crashes, people killed, banks robbed, etc...because NEGATIVITY SELLS and people feed off from it. Sad times.
1639574234868.png

corran horn

The Hawkeye forums are that way... ;)

matt9112

Imagine what this is going to be like after the first round of actor/entertainment cuts. And the second. And the third. And...

(Not that Bob wants to be known as a bean counter...)

This is the real rub. Even if the thing is amazing on day one there is no way cuts dont come. Its what disney does to legitimately everything....rides...shows...food...resorts there is no precedent for anything else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom