News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Disneyson

For those complaining that this woman is using an iPhone, this is done for a story reason, clearly. It's priming you to accept constant iPhone use in the Star Wars Universe, because the Play Disney Parks app is going to be ESSENTIAL to following this experience, and if you can't accept Star Wars characters being able to use an iPhone then the "full immersion" situation fails. I think this is a pretty clever way of slowly introducing the idea of the iPhone "datapad" in Star Wars Canon, considering that characters will likely have to acknowledge it.

GimpYancIent

For those complaining that this woman is using an iPhone, this is done for a story reason, clearly. It's priming you to accept constant iPhone use in the Star Wars Universe, because the Play Disney Parks app is going to be ESSENTIAL to following this experience, and if you can't accept Star Wars characters being able to use an iPhone then the "full immersion" situation fails. I think this is a pretty clever way of slowly introducing the idea of the iPhone "datapad" in Star Wars Canon, considering that characters will likely have to acknowledge it.
Sure. A galactic communications device that just happens to look like an earthly iPhone.

durangojim

Sure. A galactic communications device that just happens to look like an earthly iPhone.
The funny thing is they could have made it look like absolutely anything, or even something we've all seen in SW, heaven forbid. This was just another example of them being lazy.
CommandingPresence-SWL.png

matt9112

Wellllll the Galactic Cruise Experience is intended to be an immersive entertainment venue that happens to incorporate some lodging / dining because of its length not meant to be a "Hotel". However! by definition: "

hotel​

noun

ho·tel | \ hō-ˈtel , ˈhō-ˌtel \

Definition of hotel

: an establishment that provides lodging and usually meals, entertainment, and various personal services for the public: INN"

Soooo yes, the folks that want to call it a "Hotel" would also be correct. That said, the quality of the experience and the satisfaction of the high rolling clientele need to be the focus, not a particular noun.

The only focus bobby can coherently have is money...removing as much of it from you as fast as possible so he can get to the next sucker. Dont keep him waiting.

Cesar R M

Interesting that here:

View attachment 607121

He almost has to be here, right in front of the turbolifts looking back to the Engineering Room space and a corridor that branches back and to the right. The wall to his left on our right is the dining room. (on Deck 6 there would be no wall there, it's the atrium space)

View attachment 607122
The more I see the maps, the more the whole thing seems TINY and cluttered.
So the visitors will have to be consistently moving between the "pods" and "sections" of the Deck 4F area?

Cesar R M

When it opens we'll find out how good, bad or ok it is. As usual though it's being hammered as terrible a bit like 'Avatarland' which was criticised on here for about 3 years before it opened. Just like it's cool to say everyone hates Harmonious even though people on here are saying they enjoy or love it and that live audiences respond extremely positively to it.

This isn't for me as I say, but as a bit of balance I think it deserves to be judged properly when it opens. I'm willing to wait to see what people who experience it have to say over how badly the marketing has shown it.
But.. hu.. The issue comes back to the same... Avatar land isn't costing you 6,000 a pop for just 2 days XD

Cesar R M

Also want to ease you on additional lootboxes and pay-per-dunk with your iphone ;)
This is what the ISS refresher looks like maybe the imaginEars can use it as a reference for what an SW galactic refresher should look like. Then maybe thats going too far in a search for realism for the discerning guests.
View attachment 607395
Wait, so the toilets will spin like Mission space to imitate no gravity and thus making our poop fly as a "feature" ?

It would be interesting if this guy decides to come down a corridor.
View attachment 607406
..yeeeah.. no survivors if he was for real XD

corran horn

The more I see the maps, the more the whole thing seems TINY and cluttered.
So the visitors will have to be consistently moving between the "pods" and "sections" of the Deck 4F area?
Deck 6 is the shop, concierge, launch pod dock, bridge, atrium, and sublight lounge. (also bathrooms)
Deck 4F (forward) is as shown.
Decks 4A (aft), 5, and 7 are cabins.

mergatroid

But.. hu.. The issue comes back to the same... Avatar land isn't costing you 6,000 a pop for just 2 days XD
But.. hu ... my point has nothing to do with the price, you even quoted me saying

When it opens we'll find out how good, bad or ok it is. As usual though it's being hammered as terrible a bit like 'Avatarland' which was criticised on here for about 3 years before it opened. Just like it's cool to say everyone hates Harmonious even though people on here are saying they enjoy or love it and that live audiences respond extremely positively to it.

This isn't for me as I say, but as a bit of balance I think it deserves to be judged properly when it opens. I'm willing to wait to see what people who experience it have to say over how badly the marketing has shown it.
I've just provided examples of how people declaring something will be terrible before it opens perhaps can get it wrong? The price is the price and I've also said I won't be paying that sort of money myself, I'm just saying it deserves to be judged when it opens. But.. hu.. perhaps you've been and had a visit already in which case you can tell us all about it?

Cesar R M

But.. hu ... my point has nothing to do with the price, you even quoted me saying

I've just provided examples of how people declaring something will be terrible before it opens perhaps can get it wrong? The price is the price and I've also said I won't be paying that sort of money myself, I'm just saying it deserves to be judged when it opens. But.. hu.. perhaps you've been and had a visit already in which case you can tell us all about it?
I never said anything about being there already. I'm talking about EXPECTATIONS.

Having such price points increases the expectations accordingly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom