News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

SWGalaxys_Edge

Booking dates for Galactic Starcruiser - Club 33, Golden Oak, DVC/AP, Disney VISA

1633407266428.png

lewisc

Have I just missed the pricing on the suites, or has Disney really not released that info yet?
Disney runs a credit check before giving you the current price.

edited to add Prehaps Disney won't literally run a credit check on callers, future feature, but suites might be dynamically priced. Heavy bookings the suites will be $$$$$. Bookings are light and suites might be $$, offered as an upgrade to guests booking steerage. Really the same way cruise upgrades work. Upgrade, hopefully a paid upgrade, guests to a higher level leaving lower priced cabins available to entry level passengers.

Last edited:

LovePop

Who is the Halcyon supposed to be firing on? Repelling bounty hunters? The Resistance or Imperial forces? If the Halcyon is a "Cruise Ship" why would it be engaging in battle with war vessels? Curious story line.
Like you say, the Halcyon doesn't fire on anybody. It's a luxury cruise, it shouldn't have military grade defense systems. Otherwise, who does the Disney Dream cruise ship fire on? However, Disney probably doesn't care and have you fire on enemies anyway, maybe both sides, because you are a bunch of rich jerks (joking) who just want to shoot people. Suspend logic and reason.

LovePop

A $30 per person upcharge seems strangely low given the cost of the experience. Who wouldn’t do that? Basically the cost of adding a droid glow cube to your Halcyon Old Fashion.
Maybe $30 is all it's worth, and Disney knows it. Say for a family of 4 to pay 3K per night, and they pay $30 each for the upcharge, it's like staying at a moderate for $300, and then pay $1 each to eat quick service at the cook's table.

JoeCamel

Like you say, the Halcyon doesn't fire on anybody. It's a luxury cruise, it shouldn't have military grade defense systems. Otherwise, who does the Disney Dream cruise ship fire on? However, Disney probably doesn't care and have you fire on enemies anyway, maybe both sides, because you are a bunch of rich jerks (joking) who just want to shoot people. Suspend logic and reason.
Because this is luxury (allegedly) you can expect there to be defenses for their high dollar clients. I'm sure the Dream has a gun locker on board, they would be fools to put to sea without some protection against pirates.

LovePop

"Available upon request" when you call in for booking. With the presale windows starting, that info should start trickling out soon, as well as pricing for weekends and holidays.
I'm super excited to see the info, like how many people book the hotel, pricing of various items, including mandatory tipping amounts. Even as I am typing here, my son age 15 just came out and told me that I better not book the SW hotel for our next Disney trip because he doesn't want to go to prison in Disney World for 2 days. He says something about in Finland they have this kind of thing for prisoners, but even then, they are allowed to go outside. I said we're not booking the SW hotel because it has no pool and my kindergartner loves the pool. But this is still super exciting for me because I've never seen Disney do anything like this. Disney has rooms(suites) that cost 3K per night in various deluxe hotels, but I've never seen them build a single hotel with nothing but $3K rooms, even though the hotel has neither pool nor landscaping. It's a very interesting experiment that I can't wait to see the results.

I really want to stay in a Star Wars hotel, and I wouldn't mind paying 3K per night if it's really cool. But without a SW themed pool, waterslide, and landscaping, it's impossible for me to enjoy it, not to mention only the Original Trilogy has any meaning to me, and I'm some low energy old lady who can't role play. So I can only admire other people have fun in this hotel. It's a shame, though, that Disney builds a SW hotel, I can afford the high prices, but I still can't go.

Last edited:

LovePop

Because this is luxury (allegedly) you can expect there to be defenses for their high dollar clients. I'm sure the Dream has a gun locker on board, they would be fools to put to sea without some protection against pirates.
Yeah, but I've never heard of the Dream shooting at pirates, and the guests don't do that, it's the job of the security staff if the need arises. The Halcyon is, apparently, going to shoot other ships on a regular basis, and it's done by the guests. Shouldn't be cruising in such dangerous space, but, what the heck.

Last edited:

Communicora

Premium Member
A $30 per person upcharge seems strangely low given the cost of the experience. Who wouldn’t do that? Basically the cost of adding a droid glow cube to your Halcyon Old Fashion.

Maybe $30 is all it's worth, and Disney knows it. Say for a family of 4 to pay 3K per night, and they pay $30 each for the upcharge, it's like staying at a moderate for $300, and then pay $1 each to eat quick service at the cook's table.

$30 per person is in line with dining upgrades on cruise ships.

Wendy Pleakley

Yeah, but I've never heard of the Dream shooting at pirates, and the guests don't do that, it's the job of the security staff if the need arises. The Halcyon is, apparently, going to shoot other ships on a regular basis, and it's done by the guests. Shouldn't be cruising in such dangerous space, but, what the heck.

This is an interactive science fiction story experience, not a realistic simulation of what space travel should be like.

Arguing that a cruise ship shouldn't have weapons or encounter tie fighters really misses the point.

This is like being mad that Star Tours flies into the Death Star battle. In real life, that ship would turn around and haul out of there. But that would be a boring ride, wouldn't it?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Maybe the Halcyon is a resistance war ship disguised as a cruise ship.

Wendy Pleakley

Maybe the Halcyon is a resistance war ship disguised as a cruise ship.

Probably not because it will be filled with paying guests who don't know this. If it were a Resistance ship in disguise everyone on board would be aware of it.

Oh wait, there I go doing it, arguing about what would be realistic :p

But seriously, that would be a good way to do it if everyone is into it. They could also make it that Resistance fighters commandeer the cruise ship out of desperation. Or they could reveal that some of the guests are Resistance fighters trying to sneak past First Order security checks and ask the guests for help.

There's lots of ways to tell a story that involves space battles, but some suspension of disbelief will be required as well.

JoeCamel

Space is a dangerous place

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom