News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

SWGalaxys_Edge

Whew! Disney Cruise Lines offers real cruises of 3 - 5 days (depending on ports of call) for approximately a third of that. Hey, if there is a contagious infection break out during the cruise experience is everyone quarantined to their cabin for 10 -14 days?
so tired of people doing this. If you don't like it - don't go but stop being a Debbie Downer for those that do.

durangojim

I’m going to be very interested to hear what the first guests think of this experience and I don’t mean the vloggers. As a huge Star Wars fan and someone who loves Galaxy’s Edge, this would have to be an absolutely phenomnial experience if I’m going to pay $5000-10000 to stay in non luxury accomdations for 2 nights.

lewisc

Whew! Disney Cruise Lines offers real cruises of 3 - 5 days (depending on ports of call) for approximately a third of that. Hey, if there is a contagious infection break out during the cruise experience is everyone quarantined to their cabin for 10 -14 days?
You can do a cruise of 3-5 days with a different t cruise line for at less then.DCL
Starcruuser is an expensive unique experience. It has alternative to a Bahamas cruise

Ayla

Had a member of my Starcruiser group book the Grand Captain suite today. Here's what they said about it.
(they booked March 17th)

View attachment 591450
Unbelievable. Yet, look at the people stupidly throwing their money at Disney. SMDH

And don't bother with the "it's their money, they can spend it how they want", "if you don't like it, don't go" claptrap. When people pay those ridiculous prices, it affects everyone across the board that visits WDW.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

so tired of people doing this. If you don't like it - don't go but stop being a Debbie Downer for those that do.
Truth hurts! The only, the major, the big thing that brings the Galactic Star Cruiser experience down is the exorbitant, actually quite ridiculous, pricing for this experience. It's not a question of can people pay it. It's a question of do you want to pay top dollar for a real gem quality diamond or pay the same money for a cubic zirconia simply because you have the money to spend. I am a huge Star Wars fan and enjoy being with other fans but this pricing model restricts quite a few fans from enjoying.

corran horn

Unbelievable. Yet, look at the people stupidly throwing their money at Disney. SMDH

And don't bother with the "it's their money, they can spend it how they want", "if you don't like it, don't go" claptrap. When people pay those ridiculous prices, it affects everyone across the board that visits WDW.
It's all relative. This goes for regular park entry for people that see that as unaffordable, you know that right?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

If only people stopped paying anything, then it would be free for everyone!!!

lewisc

Starcruiser was ways going to be a pricey immersive experience. It doesn't affect the rest of us.

People willing to pay almost 300 per night for pop affects us. People willing to pay$$$ for almost average food affects us

JMcMahonEsq

Thank GOD that your here!!! I mean we were booking reservations for a trip in December and looking into doing the Star Cruiser for next year, and we were going to make a decision on spending for the rooms based upon our budget, our costs, and what we felt they trips would be worth. THANKFULLY you are here to tell us what costs are "smart" and what prices are "stupid." If you can let us know what the smart costs would be for spending for the rest of the year for our Disney trips by this Friday it would be greatly appreciated, as we want to get the bookings locked in. Do you do car pricing too, as we were looking into new SUV's and need to make sure we aren't spending stupidly there as well.

mightynine

Thank GOD that your here!!! I mean we were booking reservations for a trip in December and looking into doing the Star Cruiser for next year, and we were going to make a decision on spending for the rooms based upon our budget, our costs, and what we felt they trips would be worth. THANKFULLY you are here to tell us what costs are "smart" and what prices are "stupid." If you can let us know what the smart costs would be for spending for the rest of the year for our Disney trips by this Friday it would be greatly appreciated, as we want to get the bookings locked in. Do you do car pricing too, as we were looking into new SUV's and need to make sure we aren't spending stupidly there as well.
all right hey tina fey GIF

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Just a few days ago, it was at least an hour to get to an agent with regard to other matters. And then another hour when they told you that only Ticketing Services could help me.

lewisc

Just a few days ago, it was at least an hour to get to an agent with regard to other matters. And then another hour when they told you that only Ticketing Services could help me.
I can almost understand long hold times for service issues on low profit transactions.
Starcruiser is $$$. Profitable
Booking affluent guests used to service.
It seems like every fan site has a Disney TA. Contract a reduced commission for overflow guests transfered. Phone should be answered after very few rings by a rep qualified to explain the experience and collect a deposit

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I can almost understand long hold times for service issues on low profit transactions.
Starcruiser is $$$. Profitable
Booking affluent guests used to service.
It seems like every fan site has a Disney TA. Contract a reduced commission for overflow guests transfered. Phone should be answered after very few rings by a rep qualified to explain the experience and collect a deposit
Maybe they weren't expecting so many Club 33 and Golden Oaks reservations.

Let's think about that. This is not only a very small population compared to those who vacation at Disney, but it's a small number compared to the next larger groups to whom reservations will be open to. And this small cohort is enough to overwhelm the number of CS agents assigned to take their calls.

And the number of CS agents set aside to take these calls was chosen to take care of the larger cohorts to come, and yet, they were overwhelmed by this smaller cohort.

I think that the Halcyon is going to become very booked for the coming year. And I think people will be on hold for longer than 5 hours in the next few days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom