News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Minthorne

-Imagine it pouring rain on your Batuu day.
-If you can leave Galaxy’s Edge on the day you are there, are the cos play prosthetics allowed on tower of terror?
-Imagine being a wookie in August on Batuu. Is the costume liquid cooled?

Animaniac93-98

I wonder how many people will skip the Batuu excersion? Or can you?

It's like leaving a cruise ship to buy overpriced junk from tourist traps. Sometimes it's better off just to enjoy the ship you paid to be one.

At $115 an hour, why go to Disney Studios, other than the guaranteed boarding group for RotR? I can stay on the ship and spend an entire day in the theme park later, for less than I'm paying per hour.

But, if I'm thinking in those terms I'm probably just not the target audience.

When looking over the itinerary I had to laugh at how much time is spent either at DHS or an activity where you're pushed to spend more on alcohol.

I'm sure we'll hear stories in the future about proposed activities/amenities that were cut from the budget and that will explain why there isn't that much to do on the actual "ship".

Minthorne

When looking over the itinerary I had to laugh at how much time is spent either at DHS or an activity where you're pushed to spend more on alcohol.

I'm sure we'll hear stories in the future about proposed activities/amenities that were cut from the budget and that will explain why there isn't that much to do on the actual "ship".
I’m sure there will be games to play on your datapad!

kong1802

Animaniac93-98

I want to know what the cost benefit analysis for this was vs say, a $1000 pp Star Wars VIP tour and lounge experience would have been. I'm thinking maybe they could have made more money in the long run with less hassle doing that instead of this hotel.

I'm sure someone at Disney crunched the numbers and figured even with construction, staffing etc it was worth it, but I'm still curious.

UNCgolf

They're going to need special CMs to work there, presumably paid much higher than the people that would work at a regular resort. These positions (or at least most of them) are going to require them to play a role, otherwise the whole illusion of the experience is broken. That's not really a big deal at Galaxy's Edge, but it's a huge deal when someone is paying $5k+ for the experience.

They can't just do plug and play staffing without significantly cheapening the experience/hurting the value.

techgeek

LOL, the Hollywood Reporter seems to be about as enthused about this as most around here. ;)

Disney Reveals Trailer for Star Wars Hotel That Costs $6,000 Per Family

The ‘.. and there’s no pool’ thing is front and center, and has featured prominently on some of the other press I’ve read today as well. Looks like that’s definitely becoming a pain point, no matter if it ‘should’ be or not…

Wonder how quick they could tack a small pool covered by a dome onto the side of this thing. Could deflate the negative press while at the same time promoting one of the few indoor / all weather pools in Central Florida. Another missed opportunity!

Animaniac93-98

They're going to need special CMs to work there, presumably paid much higher than the people that would work at a regular resort. These positions (or at least most of them) are going to require them to play a role, otherwise the whole illusion of the experience is broken. That's not really a big deal at Galaxy's Edge, but it's a huge deal when someone is paying $5k+ for the experience.

They can't just do plug and play staffing without significantly cheapening the experience/hurting the value.

Totally agree that this is what the hotel and its guests deserve, but knowing Disney they'll try to get by with the basics as much as possible.

UNCgolf

Totally agree that this is what the hotel and its guests deserve, but knowing Disney they'll try to get by with the basics as much as possible.

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't -- but it will absolutely hurt reviews/guest satisfaction.

I actually expect the opening day staff to be fully committed and trained in roles, but as turnover happens, that will fall eventually fall by the wayside.

Last edited:

Patcheslee

So just from an included cost standpoint estimate: HS admission $109 minimum, 1 QS lunch $20, 2 dinners $200?, 2 Breakfast $50. So $379 per adult for the stay. The remaining is hidden costs and IMO until people give reviews its hard to say sure I'll pay that.

kong1802

Mark Hamill managing the gift shop confirmed.

MrPromey

The ‘.. and there’s no pool’ thing is front and center, and has featured prominently on some of the other press I’ve read today as well. Looks like that’s definitely becoming a pain point, no matter if it ‘should’ be or not…

Wonder how quick they could tack a small pool covered by a dome onto the side of this thing. Could deflate the negative press while at the same time promoting one of the few indoor / all weather pools in Central Florida. Another missed opportunity!

Seems like if they have to keep explaining and defining what this is to the people who are paying attention, they're doing something wrong, here.

Maybe a large chunk of the public and the mainstream media not getting it doesn't really matter if the people they're trying to signal understand, though.🤷‍♂️

Anyway, a pool would clearly be a waste because if you're bothering with that, what's the point in even doing this thing?

If you have a spouse who doesn't want to LARP with you for 36 hours straight, they should just hang back at the Grand Floridian while you spend your day-and-a-halfish doing this on your own while... I guess, paying for two adult spots in your room or finding a random stranger willing to swipe right on your vacation... proposal.

IDN - maybe when the initial hoopla that will fill the rooms begins to fade, they'll start offering bunk options for single-riders along with combo packages for spouces/signifigant others that provide alternate premium experiences at one of the other resorts like spa treatments, wine tastings, divorce attorney consultations, etc. 😏

Last edited:

corran horn

I don't think there was anybody on the cusp of doing this that's been turned away by the 'bad press'. If you were gonna do it you are gonna do it I imagine.

At $6K a pop I don't think there's going to be a lot of people doing this as if it's a impulse buy candy bar you grab while waiting in line to check out

doctornick

I'm seeing a lot of Jurassic Park memes about "coupon day" on Twitter, but that reminded me...

Remember in that universe what Gennaro predicted they could charge... $1000 a day, $2000 a day and what it would get you? Actual living, breathing, goat and human eating dinosaurs. I guess the movie was unrealistic after all.

Serious question though... since people are learning to play Sabacc, and building ship models... do we think these are things that might go home with the guests or are they "ship's property?" Price is still a lot to swallow, but leaving with $500 worth of resalable exclusive swag could theoretically take the sting out of it for people. If taking those things home, is an upcharge... *sigh*

I was wondering that as well. Maybe trips to Savi's and Droid Depot are included? That would definitely change the value proposition a bit

doctornick

As I read it it states "available on Shop Disney" or at the "ships store" that indicates that the costumes are for purchase. For the projected cost of the experience I believe the costume should be provided as swag.

Do they state they won't? We'll see, but I wouldn't be surprised if something basic like a "jedi robe" might be included for everyone (think like a free bathrobe coming with a room), but more extravagant or different apparel would need to be purchased.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom