News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

nickys

Premium Member
I wonder how many people will skip the Batuu excersion? Or can you?

It's like leaving a cruise ship to buy overpriced junk from tourist traps. Sometimes it's better off just to enjoy the ship you paid to be one.

At $115 an hour, why go to Disney Studios, other than the guaranteed boarding group for RotR? I can stay on the ship and spend an entire day in the theme park later, for less than I'm paying per hour.

But, if I'm thinking in those terms I'm probably just not the target audience.
Because it sounds like the special magic band is going to open some stuff that you don’t normally get in GE. And also the story arc continues, with an “unexpected event” happening. I’m thinking you’ll be able to broker a deal with a character in GE, whether the Oga’s barman or a roaming character, by swiping your magic band and getting a code to use later on board.

seascape

I'm laughing over all this blow up over a 5k price point...

From the community that routinely stays at Disney hotels charging $600+ a night... pays $75/head to eat mediocre food at the castle... will pay $100/person to not stand in the crowd for fireworks..

People are routinely dropping 10k+ on a Disney vacation like it's ritual.. and people are acting like coming up with 5k is asking for a kidney. Some of you are paying that much in DVC dues every year...
My 10 day anniversary trip costs me over $10,000 a year, excluding airfare and DVC dues, but it's 10 days and 9 nights. I was thinking of adding it to 2022's trip but that would bring the cost to over $15,000 to $16,000. That is just too much. There has to be a limit. $6,000 for 45 hours is just crazy. I could see paying $4,500 for 2 including tax and all the beer and wine but let's be real, the cost of this will most likely be over $7,000 including beer, wine, and dining upgrades. Think, that doesn't include Lightsabers, Droids, clothes etc.

AEfx

Because it sounds like the special magic band is going to open some stuff that you don’t normally get in GE. And also the story arc continues, with an “unexpected event” happening. I’m thinking you’ll be able to broker a deal with a character in GE, whether the Oga’s barman or a roaming character, by swiping your magic band and getting a code to use later on board.

Which, of course, was the type of thing that was supposed to be available to every guest at Galaxy's Edge, until they cut the hell out of the land and killed all the live/interactive features.

nickys

Premium Member
1-4... so expect mingling and light distractions until the deadline.
Except the schedule has you doing stuff in between…… stands to reason that if everyone gets to do the light sabre training they’ll have to start early for those who are there already.

flynnibus

Premium Member
My 10 day anniversary trip costs me over $10,000 a year, excluding airfare and DVC dues, but it's 10 days and 9 nights. I was thinking of adding it to 2022's trip but that would bring the cost to over $15,000 to $16,000. That is just too much. There has to be a limit. $6,000 for 45 hours is just crazy. I could see paying $4,500 for 2 including tax and all the beer and wine but let's be real, the cost of this will most likely be over $7,000 including beer, wine, and dining upgrades. Think, that doesn't include Lightsabers, Droids, clothes etc.

And my point was... "and people are acting like coming up with 5k is asking for a kidney" - Sure you have to make up your own mind what is "worth it" or "value" in your own world... but let's not pretend this audience is really deciding "should I buy a car, or book the starcruiser". The target demo is not sweating 5k as a major life event.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Except the schedule has you doing stuff in between…… stands to reason that if everyone gets to do the light sabre training they’ll have to start early for those who are there already.

Again the schedule is a sample. Disney can't have all 100 families showing up at the same time. You might have boarding windows in this period, etc as well. Point being... this time is fungible... It's still afternoon of some sort of the lead day. Not anywhere near a full day.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
“People are paying $4800 minimum for two nights at the Star Wars starship thing? We’re obviously not charging enough for our regular resort rooms, jack them up 10% across the board!”

Don’t think they would do that? I’d say - Guess again. They firmly believe “Unprecedented Demand” gives them a lot of leeway with pricing.

kong1802

Which, of course, was the type of thing that was supposed to be available to every guest at Galaxy's Edge, until they cut the hell out of the land and killed all the live/interactive features.

This still grinds my gears.

Everytime I bemoaned the fact that GE only had 2 rides, I got "But THE LaND is ANothEr ATTraCtion".........

That never came to fruition.

But I'm glad I can buy that now.....

Robbiem

The original fans should be at their peak wealth right now, with the youngest possible being in their late 40's and close to or being retired at the upper end. LOL
Well that would be me. I saw the original movie when I was three and have been a fan ever since. As much as little me would have loved this adult me couldn’t justify this cost when there is so much of the world he could see instead for the same money.

All the interaction stuff sounds like the original ads for galaxies edge, wasnt that supposed to be a choose your own star wars adventure with cast knowing your smugglers run score etc? It sounds like a lot of the original plans have been given a very big upcharge!

kong1802

But you get to walk around an empty market place and empty forest with sometimes a stormtrooper being there. So immersive!

But once in a while they will interrupt your VLOG.... lmao

1628111104165.png

mightynine

Since it doesn't appear the Starcruiser interactions will be off in a separate, private area of Batuu, maybe it'll at least bring some life to Galaxy's Edge.

Last edited:

WDW Pro

I wonder how many people will skip the Batuu excersion? Or can you?

It's like leaving a cruise ship to buy overpriced junk from tourist traps. Sometimes it's better off just to enjoy the ship you paid to be one.

At $115 an hour, why go to Disney Studios, other than the guaranteed boarding group for RotR? I can stay on the ship and spend an entire day in the theme park later, for less than I'm paying per hour.

But, if I'm thinking in those terms I'm probably just not the target audience.

I believe there's no itinerary for guests during the designated Batuu visit... meaning the actual price per hour is much higher.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom