News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

91JLovesDisney

galactic-starcruiser-sample-itinerary-5117841.png

techgeek

Spends 5k to be somewhere... then immediately asks how to get to the place you can goto for $100... this place... I swear.

I'm guessing you've never actually worked a guest-facing role in the hospitality industry, have you?

Guests are going to come up with all sorts of wacky and non-sensical requests / demands / accommodations for this thing, and Disney only invites it at that price point.

flynnibus

Premium Member
My issue is it really is only 1.5 days... of which you are spending a notable portion at GE. I don't like the 4pm start of day one.

I know this is due to turnover of adventures back to back - but to call this '3 days/2nights' is technically accurate, but really non-representative.

Everyone knows checkout day on the ship is zero entertainment, too much task focus... so that day might as well not count at all.

AEfx

For dining it says this...

"During your planet excursion to Batuu, you can enjoy a quick-service meal at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo or other select locations at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. *"

Which implies to me you will not be restricted to just GE.
I have a feeling they are just covering themselves on that one - if for whatever reason Docking Bay is not available, they want to be able to substitute some place else. Notice it doesn't say "your choice..."

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm guessing you've never actually worked a guest-facing role in the hospitality industry, have you?

Guests are going to come up with all sorts of wacky and non-sensical requests / demands / accommodations for this thing, and Disney only invites it at that price point.

I don't care about random stupid guest... I'm on a forum of fans in a topic that has been discussed for FOUR YEARS.

StarWarsGirl

I can, with 100% certainty, say that I will never be gracing the doors of the Galactic Starcruiser™. :D

"Two guests per cabin will be $1,209 per guest per night for a grand total of $4,809 for the full experience." Throw in a single kid and it jumps to $5,299... FOR TWO NIGHTS!

All the things I could do with that money...upgrade my car to the newest model...put it towards a down payment on a house...go to Hawaii once the pandemic's over and stay in my own room at Aulani...

MrPromey

As opposed to King Stefan who is definitely a real guy. :D
mmm... You'll need to refresh my memory.

I did eat in King Stefan's Banquet Hall once but I don't recall being offered an up-charge option to sit at his table and sample his suggested offerings...

Then again, that restaurant's been gone for nearly 25 years so maybe you're referencing something else?

Come to think of it, what I remember most vividly about that dinner (besides men in tights) is cutting the head off a little butter statue of Mickey at my table so I could smear it across a roll and finding dark humor in that experience but that's neither here nor there, I guess...

Last edited:

mightynine

There's a mention in the FAQ about finding our your itinerary a month out by checking the app that makes me wonder how much control you have over what you do or if Disney will assign everything.

It could just be you make all the choices from options presented during booking, but you'd think they have to nudge you into some things. If you chose to do nothing, it almost sounds like your options are to wander the ship, sip blue milk, watch TV in your cabin and wait for your dinner reservation or excursion to Batuu.

Maybe Omega's granddaughter will challenge you to one of those holo-fight things instead of bingo - er, sabaac.

UNCgolf

There's a mention in the FAQ about finding our your itinerary a month out by checking the app that makes me wonder how much control you have over what you do or if Disney will assign everything.

It could just be you make all the choices from options presented during booking, but you'd think they have to nudge you into some things. If you chose to do nothing, it almost sounds like your options are to wander the ship, sip blue milk, watch TV in your cabin and wait for your dinner reservation or excursion to Batuu.

Maybe Omega's granddaughter will challenge you to one of those holo-fight things instead of bingo - er, sabaac.

I'm guessing there will be a set of potential activities and you choose 6 of the 10 or something like that, and then Disney is responsible for planning out your schedule based on those choices. And they may have to replace one or two of your choices to make all the scheduling fit.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm laughing over all this blow up over a 5k price point...

From the community that routinely stays at Disney hotels charging $600+ a night... pays $75/head to eat mediocre food at the castle... will pay $100/person to not stand in the crowd for fireworks..

People are routinely dropping 10k+ on a Disney vacation like it's ritual.. and people are acting like coming up with 5k is asking for a kidney. Some of you are paying that much in DVC dues every year...

UNCgolf

I'm laughing over all this blow up over a 5k price point...

From the community that routinely stays at Disney hotels charging $600+ a night... pays $75/head to eat mediocre food at the castle... will pay $100/person to not stand in the crowd for fireworks..

People are routinely dropping 10k+ on a Disney vacation like it's ritual.. and people are acting like coming up with 5k is asking for a kidney. Some of you are paying that much in DVC dues every year...

Maybe there's no overlap between those groups -- or maybe the people who have been shelling out cash like crazy are suddenly hitting their breaking point. Except that it doesn't matter to Disney at all if those people don't do this Star Wars thing as long as they're still paying all that money for everything else.

I personally spent somewhere between $2-3k total for a week long trip to Disney last year -- that's about the max I'm willing to spend on Disney when there are so many other experiences out there. If I was going to spend $10k on a trip, I don't think WDW would crack the top 100 options. I also don't go yearly (or even more often) like some people here, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom