News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Once you are "on board" you are there for the duration other than the excursion to Batuu. People have to starting thinking "Space cruise" - On a real cruise you don't just get off and go someplace else - you do your 5,7,10 day cruise. Same here - it's a 2 day cruise in space.

Personally I have never bought into this line of thinking. I agree there will be no buses to other parks, but I don't think they will prevent you from leaving the starcruiser and taking your own car to other parks. Obviously you are going to get more out of it if you play along, but I don't see them stopping you if you really want to leave.

ImperfectPixie

Personally I have never bought into this line of thinking. I agree there will be no buses to other parks, but I don't think they will prevent you from leaving the starcruiser and taking your own car to other parks. Obviously you are going to get more out of it if you play along, but I don't see them stopping you if you really want to leave.
I agree. That would be way too much of a turnoff for some people.

dmw

In the Parks
No
Interesting thought... I wonder if there would be guests who would pay the big bucks and then choose to exit the story for the single full day that they would be on the ship. I can't even imagine how the story would work in that scenario. I mean, why even bother to check in, spend one night, leave the next day for a different park, return for the second night on the cruiser, then check out the next morning?

ImperfectPixie

Interesting thought... I wonder if there would be guests who would pay the big bucks and then choose to exit the story for the single full day that they would be on the ship. I can't even imagine how the story would work in that scenario. I mean, why even bother to check in, spend one night, leave the next day for a different park, return for the second night on the cruiser, then check out the next morning?
People are weird. I wouldn't be surprised if some do it just so they can say they stayed there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
From what I saw on the rise...I have less faith that Disney knows what they’re doing here than I did before.

I didn’t have much faith at first. But I’m still interested to see where this goes? Happy hunting.

JoeCamel

From what I saw on the rise...I have less faith that Disney knows what they’re doing here than I did before.

I didn’t have much faith at first. But I’m still interested to see where this goes? Happy hunting.
As long as they make it real for the kids it will be a hit, they are not going to please every SW LARPer who has been doing it 20 years

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You're there no more than 44 hours in total at the hotel.

With two nights sleep and ablutions, that's 26 hours waking hours.

With 5 meals (dinner, breakfast, lunch, dinner, breakfast), that's 20 hours.

With at least one excursion to Batuu, that's 14 hours.

If you take a personal trip to the MK, then you wind up spending $2,000 - $4,000 for about 8 hours of entertainment the hotel has to offer that you can't get elsewhere.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

If you take a personal trip to the MK, then you wind up spending $2,000 - $4,000 for about 8 hours of entertainment the hotel has to offer that you can't get elsewhere.

that reminds me of the university of Chicago math that they tinkered with in high school? 🤔

corran horn

There are absurd corner cases people can postulate that really make you scratch your head.

"Oh, so Ohana is themed a dinner buffet with a menu I can read before I make a reservation and certainly before I get seated? WHAT IF I WANT Pierogi!?!?!?!?!?!"

The answer is of course, THEN DON'T GO!

UNCgolf

This. I can't imagine why you'd pay for this experience only to go to the parks instead. Just stay in a regular hotel and save yourself thousands of dollars.

Doesn't mean there won't be a few people that want to do it, of course, but it would be lighting money on fire.

ImperfectPixie

This. I can't imagine why you'd pay for this experience only to go to the parks instead. Just stay in a regular hotel and save yourself thousands of dollars.

Doesn't mean there won't be a few people that want to do it, of course, but it would be lighting money on fire.
I agree 100%.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

same reason people wait repeatedly for mine train or test track...

the Capital of Sweden

corran horn

Looked through my old trip photos and to the far left here is what this location looked like pre-scrim. It's quite close to the Imperial Outpost store as you can see.

Attachments

• 2021-02-01_09-07-47_047.jpg
    2021-02-01_09-07-47_047.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 85

Rose&Crown

I just don’t get how a family doing a 7-10 day trip to Disney with no budget considers this property if there’s no pool, normal hotel amenities and transport to the other parks. Are they expecting people to do 2 nights and then move properties? Is it a 2 night max stay? I have so many hotel operation questions

corran horn

I just don’t get how a family doing a 7-10 day trip to Disney with no budget considers this property if there’s no pool, normal hotel amenities and transport to the other parks. Are they expecting people to do 2 nights and then move properties? Is it a 2 night max stay? I have so many hotel operation questions
If they want those things there are a dozen+ other options.

Will they let you chain 2-night stays? I imagine $omething could be done.

michmousefan

Two night max stay. Yep, if your budget is unlimited you will spend other nights on either end of the Starcruiser stay at another resort. That's where you will get your fill of swimming and other "traditional" resort perks.

JoeCamel

Bio should stop adding the word hotel. This is a multi day role playing experience for the whole family. Hotels are where you relax and get wet/drunk, this will fill your time aboard with role playing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom