• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

corran horn

Have you ever been on a cruise ship? Even interior rooms can usually accommodate 4 adults with bunk beds, although perhaps not in ideal comfort. (My 6-4 husband has slept on a cruise bunk bed.)

I think what is going to disappoint some people about the starcruiser is the boutique nature of it. It's going to be a small hotel/cruise experience. It's going to be (wildly) expensive. Disney is not designing this for a mass market or the average American family. They know that not everyone will enjoy this experience AND they know that they are pricing out a large segment of the American market. I'm sure the business case process for this was intense, and I'm not sure they've done anything quite like this before.
But what if I want to smoke? (ducks)

I jokingly thought there'd be a brig and indeed there's a brig.

mmascari

You do it by the pool.

No really, I see a courtyard, there may be an accommodation in there
It looks like the courtyard is an indoor space still. I see walls, but the roof looks different. I wonder if it really will be an outdoor courtyard or if there's some special effects type roof that's still coming.

The pictures in the last 2 tweets show that area well.

Maybe some type of star viewing area with a projection type ceiling?

Serverfarm

Maybe some type of star viewing area with a projection type ceiling?
On the right track. If it needs to be story immersive from "bus to room door". thus, expect a lot of projection in the entire place. Space battles come to mind as well as (rushed boarding as they say ;) ). Obviously, they have been working on projection tech for quite some time. Mind that it hides the natural landscape is a plus. So a atrium/cover makes complete sense.

Animaniac93-98

...But where is the POOL and the RAMP?

You can't be Disney without pool

1617593441185.png

1a671fe76f1709bc04b822355b636079.gif

SWGalaxys_Edge

flynnibus

Premium Member
#Lightsaber announced yesterday by @joshdamaro @DisneyParks is probably the one #Disney filed a patent for back in 2017. Most likely for the Dojo experience at the #GalacticStarcruiser at #GalaxysEdge #Batuu East. Might be for stunt performers as well.

View attachment 546699View attachment 546700View attachment 546701View attachment 546702View attachment 546703View attachment 546704View attachment 546705View attachment 546706
6 hashtags, but no link to the patent? Figures

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom