News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Timmay

They certainly look like the crew habitation pods from the game Prey, to me. The designer must have been a fan. I’ll pass

7082AEC7-94DD-4679-97A7-0B0F54FC8613.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What was the ballpark price people were guessing for this for a family of 4?

Anywhere from $2-$6k.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Anywhere from $2-$6k.

So 1k-3k for two adults, total? I'm confused with the per person-per night calculations.

I also wonder if there'll be 1 King/Queen bed accomodations for 2 adults only, no bunkbeds.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So 1k-3k for two adults, total? I'm confused with the per person-per night calculations.

I also wonder if there'll be 1 King/Queen bed accomodations for 2 adults only, no bunkbeds.

We just don't know.... that's the real problem. We have the cost in the survey from two years ago and competing price structures from two internet sources that aren't always reliable, and this far out, I'm almost certain Disney doesn't know.

nickys

Premium Member
View attachment 513302

I love the way the concept art makes the rooms look twice the size of the mock-up room!

I think the rooms will be a standard configuration with bunk beds in all.

TrainsOfDisney

What I don’t get is how split the company seems to be. They are building towers that might as well have a giant Hilton sign on them, and taking away theming. But then for this one hotel they are going all out and doing something very different.

Is this thing for little kids? Or is it for Star Wars fans who want to cosplay? If it’s for both it’s going to be an odd mix of guests.

TrojanUSC

What I don’t get is how split the company seems to be. They are building towers that might as well have a giant Hilton sign on them, and taking away theming. But then for this one hotel they are going all out and doing something very different.

Is this thing for little kids? Or is it for Star Wars fans who want to cosplay? If it’s for both it’s going to be an odd mix of guests.

Whatever it is, it's being built with a very small number of rooms, as they see this is likely for a niche audience.

JoeCamel

They didn't build a hotel here they built an "experience/ride/game" so the approach is much different from the goal of providing a comfortable place to sleep. If you want to play you have to pay.

Patcheslee

You are sadly mistaken if you think adults won't try to sleep in those bunks! ;)
DH and I were discussing letting DD12 take the big bed :D. Surely it's safer for a kid who rolls in their sleep lol.

Are those more touch screens in each bunk as well?
Does no one else think that the hotel visuals and interactivity will take away some (or all) of the uniqueness of the attractions within GE? Diminishing the experience instead of adding to it?
Personally feel like it may enhance it because you are going from a high end and high tech Starship to a planet that is itself considered more primitive and gritty. The opposition will be more pronounced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom