News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

nickys

Premium Member
Counting the windows we have 17 on each of 3 levels on either side. 102 rooms with a max of 4 in each, so a maximum of 408 guests (plus infants I guess). I know some will be larger rooms, possibly having two windows, so it could be less than that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Huh. I thought it would be on the near side of the street. Makes more sense the way they're doing it, though.
I know there will be trees on either side of the valet entrance, to cover the font side.

Speaking of which, were is guest parking?
Presumably...

1604509371335.png

_caleb

Thanks. I'm assuming that means the building will be visible (as visible as it is now) from within the DHS parking lot (to people like me who could probably never justify spending that much money on the Starcruiser experience.

In other words, no additional berm/barrier between the circled section of DHS parking lot and the nondescript Starcruiser building?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Thanks. I'm assuming that means the building will be visible (as visible as it is now) from within the DHS parking lot (to people like me who could probably never justify spending that much money on the Starcruiser experience.

In other words, no additional berm/barrier between the circled section of DHS parking lot and the nondescript Starcruiser building?
In the permits, the green highlighted is all purposefully elevated. Presumably, it will also have plants to be a proper berm...

1604510132793.png

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Does no one else think that the hotel visuals and interactivity will take away some (or all) of the uniqueness of the attractions within GE? Diminishing the experience instead of adding to it?

gerarar

Premium Member
Art and reality are two different things here. The intersection angle of the portico and the wall look changed. Maybe the art does not reflect the coffin shape?
These were from the IAAPA presentation not to long ago, so I guess we can assume from this that there were design choices made that differed from the initial concept art.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Does no one else think that the hotel visuals and interactivity will take away some (or all) of the uniqueness of the attractions within GE? Diminishing the experience instead of adding to it?
On the contrary, I believe the hotel experience will make the rides seem more real, expanding the guest experience in the immersive settings.

But it won't be for everybody.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Are you making the argument that after the Phase I of a new land, that Disney should never add to it otherwise it diminishes the impact of the Phase I attractions?

_caleb

Am I the only one who thinks those bunks look REALLY short?
LOL, yeah- I thought that too! But maybe it’s just that the opening is smaller than the bunk? Compared to the big bed, they seem to be about the same length (same padding on the headboard side, the foot of the bed pretty much aligning).

ImperfectPixie

LOL, yeah- I thought that too! But maybe it’s just that the opening is smaller than the bunk? Compared to the big bed, they seem to be about the same length (same padding on the headboard side, the foot of the bed pretty much aligning).
I dunno...hubby's feet are usually right at the edge of a queen-size bed, and he's not even 6' tall...

FigmentFan82

I'd say no, because the hotel is a very limited experience in itself. If the majority of people won't ever expereince the hotel, then I don't think it's hurting GE

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom