News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Either way, I didn’t see anything at Disneyland post-project stardust that looked bad. The sloped curbs bother me the most and those are obviously safer for the guests so it’s hard to argue there.

Nothing comparable to the gutting and paving of Magic Kingdoms hub imho.
I can understand that. One of the walkthroughs I had was Stardust. But it’s nice to hear a guests point of view too.

LiterallyNobody

"Design work" doesn't seem to refer to construction. Let's wait for clarification.

Yes, design work. Does not mean construction, it means going through the building helping to determine where exactly speakers should go, where exactly lighting will go, how infrastructure will be run to those elements. You know, designing things. Large portions of the construction were put on pause, but design and some infrastructure has never stopped. These are all things that can be done with in house personal and small groups of contracted workers. Don't need a large construction company.

Surferboy567

The following is a RUMOR so please take it with a grain of salt, you all know the drill.

According to Jim Hill, as discussed on today’s show. Jim and Len went though different patents Disney has filed pertaining to the droids. At the end of their conversation I think it was Len (could be wrong) that said he heard building inspectors were being called in “next week” (since the show was filmed last week it would be this week).

Jim also said that this was NOT one of the projects that was going to be axed with the cut of capital expenditure.

Again, grain of salt and all that. Seems plausible with all the filings.

WDW Pro

Yes, design work. Does not mean construction, it means going through the building helping to determine where exactly speakers should go, where exactly lighting will go, how infrastructure will be run to those elements. You know, designing things. Large portions of the construction were put on pause, but design and some infrastructure has never stopped. These are all things that can be done with in house personal and small groups of contracted workers. Don't need a large construction company.

I'm sorry, but that's just not true. Lighting, speakers, etc, are all set up in a proprietary CAD program feeding into BIM and there's no need for that sort of decision-making "design" once construction begins except in extremely rare circumstances where a request is sent back to architects/engineers to adjust the plans for a previously unforeseen reason.

And since you have suggested that you were in the building while this untrue thing was occurring, having previously stated that you work for a third party vendor that works on parade floats (quite the specialized field), and since this thing that was supposedly occurring is not part of Disney construction protocol... I'm going to have to take what you say going forward with a grain of salt. This is different than a source giving you information that changes over time; this is you declaring that you were a part of something that simply didn't occur. You were not inside the construction area of the Star Wars hotel while people looked at where lights and speakers should go, and doing other non-construction, non-essential "design" work, during a time when the state of Florida had made that temporarily off limits. Not only would Disney not allow such a thing, but it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Oh and another quick update in addition to the droid patents. Their was another one pertaining to the training remote. Apparently it’s done in your hotel room.

Also heard this from the Disney Dish.

LiterallyNobody

I'm sorry, but that's just not true. Lighting, speakers, etc, are all set up in a proprietary CAD program feeding into BIM and there's no need for that sort of decision-making "design" once construction begins except in extremely rare circumstances where a request is sent back to architects/engineers to adjust the plans for a previously unforeseen reason.

And since you have suggested that you were in the building while this untrue thing was occurring, having previously stated that you work for a third party vendor that works on parade floats (quite the specialized field), and since this thing that was supposedly occurring is not part of Disney construction protocol... I'm going to have to take what you say going forward with a grain of salt. This is different than a source giving you information that changes over time; this is you declaring that you were a part of something that simply didn't occur. You were not inside the construction area of the Star Wars hotel while people looked at where lights and speakers should go, and doing other non-construction, non-essential "design" work, during a time when the state of Florida had made that temporarily off limits. Not only would Disney not allow such a thing, but it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Honestly, it really don't bother me if people here believe me or not. As I have information that is interesting, if I can I will post it.

As I have stated before, I do not work for Disney, I do not work directly for companies that Disney hired. I am contracted to be brought in and help when needed. The company I do work for is not even based in Florida, yet I am. There are two different companies in this area that I frequently work with. Both of which do a lot of with Disney, but not exclusively, especially on new construction. Both of these companies have worked on parade floats, but it is not that exclusively.

There are people in that building everyday. No major construction is happening, but there are people there working on minor things, tweaks, making decisions about final locations, etc. Hell, permits were just pulled to start installing the set pieces. Wouldn't you want to have your ducks in a row before you install them?

In any case, give me an address to send you a bucket of salt. You can take a pinch or two every time I say something.

WDW Pro

LiterallyNobody said:
"As I have stated before, I do not work for Disney, I do not work directly for companies that Disney hired. I am contracted to be brought in and help when needed. The company I do work for is not even based in Florida, yet I am. There are two different companies in this area that I frequently work with. Both of which do a lot of with Disney, but not exclusively, especially on new construction. Both of these companies have worked on parade floats, but it is not that exclusively."

"Unfortunately, no. As I mentioned before, I do not work for Disney. I work for a vendor that Disney uses for a lot of projects. So the only information I can give is on projects we are involved in or have bid on. That said, I do have close ties to quite a few people that do work at Disney. But they don't freely go around telling people of all the secret projects that are being worked on. I can explain exactly where the information I provided comes from."

One of these things is not like the other.

By the way, here's more of your quotes, that no real person who does any sort of "design work" for a vendor would ever post... since, you know, you'd basically be doxxing yourself since so few people do all the things you've claimed to do for a company that Disney would quickly recognize. This flat out isn't real, but here are your other jobs:

LiterallyNobody said:
Parade Floats - We directly bid on this two years ago. We did not win the bid, but I still have the autocad files on my computer for the new parade floats.

MK Theater - We were sent a request for bid on parts of this project. It was then withdrawn and we were told the project was cancelled. When I asked around I was told it was for logistical reasons and surveys indicated people were not too thrilled about the idea, especially of having to spend more for a show. I was told that while this will not happen in MK, the idea may be resurrected somewhere else on property.

Cruise ship projection - I am close friends with someone that works on the park projection mapping systems. He was on the cruise specifically for the testing. I met up with him yesterday at Epcot, he told me about it.

I'd bet money that if you actually had autocad files for a project Disney doesn't want discussed, you'd have signed an NDA, and part of your company's contract would include the removal of any files (even though that's not how any of this works).

And the cruise ship projection thing? Fake too. You can't projection map onto the ocean (which is what you were complaining) because of near infinite variables, nor would you ever need to.

There are people in that building everyday. No major construction is happening, but there are people there working on minor things, tweaks, making decisions about final locations, etc. Hell, permits were just pulled to start installing the set pieces. Wouldn't you want to have your ducks in a row before you install them?

I can say though that I have been in that building at least once a week for the last four out of six weeks.

If you were real, you'd never say anything remotely close to this. If any of this had actually been happening (Disney breaking Florida's executive orders during the stay-at-home time period for non-essential "design" work), and you had actually been inside the building, you'd have revealed your real life identity, even to the point of giving Disney the frequency of your visits. And considering you've leaked supposed documents in the past, they'd want to have a talk with you if you were real.

"Making decisions about final locations"... good grief, this is clearly clowning around online. It's patently obvious that you do not know anything about BIM inside Disney Imagineering.

LiterallyNobody

One of these things is not like the other.

By the way, here's more of your quotes, that no real person who does any sort of "design work" for a vendor would ever post... since, you know, you'd basically be doxxing yourself since so few people do all the things you've claimed to do for a company that Disney would quickly recognize. This flat out isn't real, but here are your other jobs:

I'd bet money that if you actually had autocad files for a project Disney doesn't want discussed, you'd have signed an NDA, and part of your company's contract would include the removal of any files (even though that's not how any of this works).

And the cruise ship projection thing? Fake too. You can't projection map onto the ocean (which is what you were complaining) because of near infinite variables, nor would you ever need to.

If you were real, you'd never say anything remotely close to this. If any of this had actually been happening (Disney breaking Florida's executive orders during the stay-at-home time period for non-essential "design" work), and you had actually been inside the building, you'd have revealed your real life identity, even to the point of giving Disney the frequency of your visits. And considering you've leaked supposed documents in the past, they'd want to have a talk with you if you were real.

"Making decisions about final locations"... good grief, this is clearly clowning around online. It's patently obvious that you do not know anything about BIM inside Disney Imagineering.

Address for salt bucket? As I said, believe me or not. If you are local I can drop it off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom