News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

flynnibus

Premium Member
Save for the possibility of a restaurant, that is exactly what I described.
Interesting.. I read a post that said you doubted Disney would keep non-guests out of the resort :)

"Disney tends to be non-confrontational turned up to 11 which has me doubting a 100% resort guest only policy for the entire resort"

Bairstow

LOL.. you can't go two days without hitting the gym? Not sure where you are getting "without physical activity". I have a suspicion you would be moving around this place pretty constantly. It's not just rooms/restaurant/lobby. It's a mini, immersive park. With all the theming and activity you would expect of the concept.
It would be a deal-breaker for a lot of people. And it's not like it would cost them that much to put in a small gym.

po1998

Just watched the D23 video that announced this. All I can say is there is some WILD speculation that has and will continue to occur regarding what exactly will be a part of this "immersion" during your stay at this "resort".

If nothing else, this thread should be very entertaining as the details are debated among the SW fanbois.

Link to presentation at D23...

Kamikaze

Seriously.. go take a cruise and don't post again until you have.

The biggest delta between cruises and a resort like this is the manpower a cruise line has to make this magic work. Not the doubts you keep dreaming up hoping to debunk it.

I'm not understanding what you meant. I'm not trying to debunk anything. My point is that it doesn't make sense to have people sitting around the lobby (which you can't do on a cruise ship) while you wait for your room. Maybe they will have no off-days. Its possible. Just a lot more feasible to do it with an off-day in between. Especially since you're going to be hiring CMs more as 'actors' for this, and they aren't working 7 days a week.

CaptainAmerica

It would be a deal-breaker for a lot of people. And it's not like it would cost them that much to put in a small gym.
It has literally nothing to do with the cost and 100% to do with immersion. If they're going to do this like I think they're going to do this, there won't be any Dasani bottled water or Uncrustables or Bowflex machines to be found.

21stamps

LOL.. you can't go two days without hitting the gym? Not sure where you are getting "without physical activity". I have a suspicion you would be moving around this place pretty constantly. It's not just rooms/restaurant/lobby. It's a mini, immersive park. With all the theming and activity you would expect of the concept.

Moving around a resort, themed and activities or not, is not enough physical activity for a lot of people.

Especially in today's world. I think Disney would be smart enough to realize that.

Agree.

CaptainAmerica

I'm not understanding what you meant. I'm not trying to debunk anything. My point is that it doesn't make sense to have people sitting around the lobby (which you can't do on a cruise ship) while you wait for your room. Maybe they will have no off-days. Its possible. Just a lot more feasible to do it with an off-day in between. Especially since you're going to be hiring CMs more as 'actors' for this, and they aren't working 7 days a week.
There's no lobby as such.

Kamikaze

I cannot, no. I have a very long daily running streak going on, and I won't break it needlessly. If theres no gym, I'll go do it outside.

I'm not worried about 'physical activity', just my streak.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Interesting.. I read a post that said you doubted Disney would keep non-guests out of the resort :)

"Disney tends to be non-confrontational turned up to 11 which has me doubting a 100% resort guest only policy for the entire resort"
A 100% guest only policy would mean no "base station" as you described. It would mean a security gate that you would be turned around at if you were not staying at the resort. End of story.

It is always possible, but I just don't see Disney going that far.

CaptainAmerica

Yeah. they probably will put one in. I was just giggling at the "holy crap. TWO DAYS WITHOUT WORKING OUT?" have you been to Disney? Like, more than half the people there go their whole lives without working out.

Me IRL.

CaptainAmerica

A 100% guest only policy would mean no "base station" as you described. It would mean a security gate that you would be turned around at if you were not staying at the resort. End of story.

It is always possible, but I just don't see Disney going that far.
I really hope so. I don't want the plebs gawking at me and ruining it. It's bad enough at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Sorry, I crossed you with bairstow.

But I'm not really following your concerns. Group arrives on site, drops off luggage, enters staging area. Guests are checked in, and mingle around in themed 'spaceport' until they are transported to the ship. Once on the ship, maybe rooms aren't available until later so staff have more time to turnover rooms.

In the meantime, guests exiting the resort go through a different spaceport 'arrivals' area and the handling of transportation/etc is done.

Like the cruise ship, you don't have to have access to your room for your adventure to start.

The biggest factor is 'level of commitment' not feasibility. If they don't want to invest the manpower to do a same day turnover, maybe they have off days, or half days. Either way... it's logistical choices... I'm not understanding the hub bub about 'can it work...'

21stamps

Yeah. they probably will put one in. I was just giggling at the "holy crap. TWO DAYS WITHOUT WORKING OUT?" have you been to Disney? Like, more than half the people there go their whole lives without working out.

There's two extremes for sure. You have the people who's time at Disney World will be the most physical activity they've ever done in one day.

But then you have the other people who are running every morning, using the gyms.. or, like 3 families who were staying on our floor at GF- did their Beachbody Insanity Max workout every morning in the hallway..using one of their BOB strollers to prop up the iPad. Those women were out there every day, it was awesome.. I love Beachbody, but I wasn't going to join them.lol.

Point being, yes- many people want to work out or run, even on a short trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom