News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Kamikaze

All deluxes (and I think every moderate) have a gym. Treadmills for the runners. [Yes, they don't lock you in, but if you're spending several hours running around instead of enjoying the entertainment you paid $2,000 for, you're crazy.

I don't think mods have gyms except for CSR.

The 'entertainment' isn't going to be 24/7, so if I go run at 5 am, I'm not missing anything.

flynnibus

Premium Member
There's a different problem here though:
If you are staying at Poly and get there early, you can go visit a park and come back at any time to go to your room.
If you're doing this, you don't want to miss your time with the experience, so you aren't going to go to the park from say 11-3 and waste a park ticket/day since when you come back to the 'ship', you'll then be entered into the bubble. Thats why I think there will be an off day between 'voyages'. Then the arriving guests' rooms would be ready at any point after they arrive.

Seriously.. go take a cruise and don't post again until you have.

The biggest delta between cruises and a resort like this is the manpower a cruise line has to make this magic work. Not the doubts you keep dreaming up hoping to debunk it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is because people can't get 'hotel' out of their head and are used to what a Disney resort is.. in terms of open shopping, dining, lobby, etc. Pretty much everything in this concept goes counter to those previous notions of what accessibility at a resort is.

Why is it hard to imagine that from the street, you could only goto a 'base station' and there is no freedom of public access beyond that structure?
Save for the possibility of a restaurant, that is exactly what I described.

Maeryk

You're paying for the nerd experience. If you don't want it, find other accommodations.

This. This right here.

we do a 2 week medieval(oid) camping event every year in PA. The rules are pretty simple.. pony up your camp fees, _put on appropriate clothing_ and follow the relatively few rules we have. There's no "day rate" though. It's not a tourist thing. You can't just pop in and tour it and then leave. It's not exactly a larp, mind you.. but it has larpish aspects to it, and immersive aspects, and cosplay aspects, etc.

But we always get people going "But I want to set up my big RV in the middle, and just hang out in my jeans and t-shirt and watch". No. That's not the point of the event. It's not allowed. There are 50 other weeks a year you can come here and camp in your giant motorhome. If you don't have a tent, you aren't playing with us, etc etc.

If you just want the "star wars experience" buy a ticket to SW:GE and go drink blue milk in the cantina. This is looking like it's miles above that, and requires you to be actively involved in it.. not just a passive observer. And the price is high and the rooms few.. it's not catering to tire kickers and lookie loos. Serious fans only.

21stamps

This. This right here.

we do a 2 week medieval(oid) camping event every year in PA. The rules are pretty simple.. pony up your camp fees, _put on appropriate clothing_ and follow the relatively few rules we have. There's no "day rate" though. It's not a tourist thing. You can't just pop in and tour it and then leave. It's not exactly a larp, mind you.. but it has larpish aspects to it, and immersive aspects, and cosplay aspects, etc.

But we always get people going "But I want to set up my big RV in the middle, and just hang out in my jeans and t-shirt and watch". No. That's not the point of the event. It's not allowed. There are 50 other weeks a year you can come here and camp in your giant motorhome. If you don't have a tent, you aren't playing with us, etc etc.

If you just want the "star wars experience" buy a ticket to SW:GE and go drink blue milk in the cantina. This is looking like it's miles above that, and requires you to be actively involved in it.. not just a passive observer. And the price is high and the rooms few.. it's not catering to tire kickers and lookie loos. Serious fans only.

Do they let you work out? If you're camping then you're outside anyway.. do they tell you you can't go for a morning run?

I think some of you are underestimating that amount of time without physical activity. No way would it be a good idea on Disney's part.

Maeryk

Save for the possibility of a restaurant, that is exactly what I described.

I'm still saying there isn't going to be a restaurant for people not paying to stay there. They aren't trying to entice people into buying DVC points, etc. And if you want to eat SW food, head over to SW:GE.

400 people, 2-3K$/night? That's king kamehameha suite level exclusive.

Bairstow

No way will this be built without a gym.

You guys can tag me and blast me if I'm wrong.

Too many people will not go that long without exercise.

Guidoni_strapped_to_the_bike_on_board_the_Space_Station_node_full_image_2.jpg

And too many spouses who are barely putting up with their family doing this dumb thing to begin with. I imagine that between the pool, the bar, and the gym, there's going to be enough for less-enthusiastic parents to avoid going insane.

So... If the public plans for the Star Wars lands don't involve Star Tours, what's the up/down on one or two simulator vehicles being moved to this project? Their ability to show multiple video tracks make them uniquely suited to a location that would only have one ride. You could use it as a "shuttle" to bring guests to and from the ship at the beginning of their stay, or for little day trip side missions.

Or will Disney just re-theme both Star Tours installations for use as different attractions in the future?

21stamps

Poly doesn't have one either. You can hike over to GF if you want, though.

But Poly has a trail to run.

I can't imagine them not having a pool. I would figure it would be either indoor (with giant screens viewing the galaxy) or down at the 'base station'. They aren't going to just break immersion for it.

That's what I've been saying. That's the only way it would be ok to be indoors for a few days.

durangojim

Do they let you work out? If you're camping then you're outside anyway.. do they tell you you can't go for a morning run?

I think some of you are underestimating that amount of time without physical activity. No way would it be a good idea on Disney's part.
Perhaps we all become Hutts

Maeryk

LOL.. you can't go two days without hitting the gym? Not sure where you are getting "without physical activity". I have a suspicion you would be moving around this place pretty constantly. It's not just rooms/restaurant/lobby. It's a mini, immersive park. With all the theming and activity you would expect of the concept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom