Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi NO SPOILERS!!!!

fractal

quick take on the trailer;

Really like the camera work and direction - a lot of close ups emphasizing emotion. You can see in the character's eyes the way the direction is going - special effects look like they are going to be overshadowed by how you feel about our heroes and villains - which will be a very good thing.

erasure fan1

Loved this trailer. It had so many things to try and dissect. I wonder how much new footage we will see with TV spots closer to release. I am crazy excited for this, gonna be a long 2 months.

ABQ

yoda_darth.jpg

I asked Yoda and Darth, and they approve of the trailer. As has been said, I too believe the trailer is meant to misdirect. At least I hope I'm misdirected so I'm surprised when I see it. Yet again though, I'll be at WDW the day it premieres and hope I can avoid spoilers as I was for Force Awakens.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Got my tickets (see y'all at Disney Springs) but quite frankly I was not blown away by the trailer. I did love the editing to try and throw people off. I can sit here, like most of us, and dissect everything but no one wants to hear my hot take on it. The one thing I will say, I HATE the Porgs. Now we wait....64 days

doctornick

Am I the only one thinking/hoping that there is a lot of misdirection in that trailer?

I would very surprised if it weren't a lot of misdirection. Just like in the first trailer for TFA where you had Luke's dialogue from ROTJ making it seem like the movie would be about an offspring of his and how you had Finn wielding the lightsaber (as opposed to Rey) making it seem like he would be the new Jedi.

WhatJaneSays

Somehow I'm going 5 times opening weekend with 5 varying groups of people? I swear we're only a little crazy ...

12/14 @ 11:00 pm - Disney Springs AMC
12/15 @ 7:15 pm - Cinemark Orlando
12/16 @ 2:30 pm - Disney Springs AMC
12/17 @ 8:45 am - Cinemark Orlando
12/17 @ 3:45 pm - Cinemark Orlando (3D)

Oh, and we're going to try to catch an IMAX show at Pointe Orlando some time on a weekday.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom