Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

MerlinTheGoat

If you read the same leaks I did, you'll be able to spot some shared details in the final trailer that confirm the leak's authenticity. Despite the trailer doing its best to be as vague as possible, there are quite a few scenes that verify it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you read the same leaks I did, you'll be able to spot some shared details in the final trailer that confirm the leak's authenticity. Despite the trailer doing its best to be as vague as possible, there are quite a few scenes that verify it.
I know...I guess it is what it is??

What do you think on the “RDJ-esque” rumored cameo?? Bet it cost $10,000,000 without breaking a sweat...

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
a couple of great quips I saw regarding the trailer were these:

“It’s right in the trailer: they’re riding their horses on top of a star destroyer to go kill Palpatine. It doesn’t get more epic than that.”

“C3PO says: “I’m taking one last look at my friends

Poe says:!I literally don’t know your name...none of us have had any scenes together”

I’m dying 😂😂

jt04

John Williams is in top form from the sound of it (pun intended)

Cinematography looks cutting edge.

So that just leaves story (of my requisite trifecta for great cinema experiences)

I'm optimistic. But cautiously so.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Exactly. This movie is nowhere near End Game (and I've said it before, but it is worth repeating, this from someone who 4 years ago had never seen a Marvel movie and really liked TFA). My guesses have always been closer to TFA than TLJ. However, I do think this movie will be a good test as to if the issues Star Wars has seen are truly responses to TLJ or if other factors played a bigger role. My own excitement is Eh right now. I want to see it, but I'm in no rush to buy tickets and get there Day 1 like I was the last 2 Avengers.
Until Kathleen Kennedy’s contract runs out don’t bet on it.

MerlinTheGoat

I know...I guess it is what it is??

What do you think on the “RDJ-esque” rumored cameo?? Bet it cost $10,000,000 without breaking a sweat...
I wonder if they just CGI'd the cameo like they did with Leia and Tarkin in Rogue One (though that might cost just as much if not more if royalties are required). I actually sort of expected them to pull something like this. But yeah, it's yet another nonsensical contradiction to the canon of how these types of appearances are supposed to work. I think it would have been a better move to have a certain grandparent make an appearance instead (something that apparently was a part in early drafts of Force Awakens, unfortunately cut).

I also don't know why this cameo would change anything, the shift in character doesn't seem like it will be earned. Guess we'll see if it plays out better onscreen than in admittedly quickly summarized text. I'm worried the shift will seem too abrupt and cheaply done.

I've also noticed a complete lack of of any leaked details pertaining to the identity and purpose behind a certain supposedly major character from the previous two movies. I suppose Rian sort of put a damper on that one however.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wonder if they just CGI'd the cameo like they did with Leia and Tarkin in Rogue One (though that might cost just as much if not more if royalties are required). I actually sort of expected them to pull something like this. But yeah, it's yet another nonsensical contradiction to the canon of how these types of appearances are supposed to work. I think it would have been a better move to have a certain grandparent make an appearance instead (something that apparently was a part in early drafts of Force Awakens, unfortunately cut).

I also don't know why this cameo would change anything, the shift in character doesn't seem like it will be earned. Guess we'll see if it plays out better onscreen than in admittedly quickly summarized text. I'm worried the shift will seem too abrupt and cheaply done.

I've also noticed a complete lack of of any leaked details pertaining to the identity and purpose behind a certain supposedly major character from the previous two movies. I suppose Rian sort of put a damper on that one however.
i thought something was up when Greedy Grandpa Grumpus was at that horridly staged grand opening in Anaheim in May.

As if he’d show up for free?!

I haven’t ruled out Darth Vaderkin showing up...I think that’s likely

And do you mean Snoke?

Oh yeah...turns out Kathy can’t get two of her boy toy directors in a room and at least agree on how to use their own AWFUL characters.

But screwing all the old ones are fair game.

That’s how you make tons of dough...I guess...by confusing the hell out of those you don’t openly crap on??

erasure fan1

If this doesn’t really exceed their box office expectations...I see her being dismissed immediately afterward.

No reason to keep her and there won’t be a better time
Even if this movie majorly exceeds expectations, I just don't see her continuing on after ep9. If it's doing great, I see her staying on until Jan/Feb then the we wish her well in her future endeavors statement happens. If the movie tanks, then I see immediately.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Even if this movie majorly exceeds expectations, I just don't see her continuing on after ep9. If it's doing great, I see her staying on until Jan/Feb then the we wish her well in her future endeavors statement happens. If the movie tanks, then I see immediately.
I could see her being “reassigned” to the Indy franchise...where she can take orders from her previous and current bosses Spielberg and Ford...

But it will be portrayed as “her choice” and she could be a Star Wars “consultant” to play out the string

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom