Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

Darkprime

Who wants to bet Rey is gonna end up being a child of the force or something? Thus intern unofficially making her a Skywalker. So she can both technically be a nobody and a Skywalker at the same time because of her connection to the force.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
That whole thing is strange to me. They are saying it beat end game by 45% on one website. Now, I honestly have no clue what that site is, but I have a tough time believing that is not an outlier. I'm not surprised at it having big presales, I just dont see it being 50% more than end game.

Just to go a step further on it, I bought end game tickets right when presale started. By that night, the entire Thursday night was sold out (along with a few other times during the weekend). I just went and looked at star wars, and a little over half the seats are still available for the thursday night screenings. Anecdotal I know, but again, I just have a tough time buying it being on end games level.
The only reason it beat Endgame is because the massive influx of people crashed websites and they were down for hours. From what I’ve read it only topped first hour sales. Add to that it was only from one website. Not that it didn’t do great, but it isn’t as impressive as it seems. I was watching ABC News tonight for a second and the guy was like “Wow broke a record.”

Please.

An indicator of how well it will do is views on YouTube. In the first 24 hours Endgame amassed 250 million+ views, Star Wars maybe 15 million. Star Wars is just not as great as it once was. This is one thing Disney got wrong. I truly hope it rebounds to what it use to be. Now that Marvel essentially cleaned the slate we need Star Wars to pick it up a bit.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The only reason it beat Endgame is because the massive influx of people crashed websites and they were down for hours. From what I’ve read it only topped first hour sales. Add to that it was only from one website. Not that it didn’t do great, but it isn’t as impressive as it seems. I was watching ABC News tonight for a second and the guy was like “Wow broke a record.”

Please.

An indicator of how well it will do is views on YouTube. In the first 24 hours Endgame amassed 250 million+ views, Star Wars maybe 15 million. Star Wars is just not as great as it once was. This is one thing Disney got wrong. I truly hope it rebounds to what it use to be. Now that Marvel essentially cleaned the slate we need Star Wars to pick it up a bit.
Couldn’t agree more, Jay...

You’ll get MANY Who will try to get lippy with you on this...however

LSLS

Please.

Exactly. This movie is nowhere near End Game (and I've said it before, but it is worth repeating, this from someone who 4 years ago had never seen a Marvel movie and really liked TFA). My guesses have always been closer to TFA than TLJ. However, I do think this movie will be a good test as to if the issues Star Wars has seen are truly responses to TLJ or if other factors played a bigger role. My own excitement is Eh right now. I want to see it, but I'm in no rush to buy tickets and get there Day 1 like I was the last 2 Avengers.

tk924

I call BS on the ticket pre-sales. I've checked multiple dates for theaters in my area and at this point I can go see Ep9 where ever and whenever I choose.
This sounds like what they did with Captain Marvel. People reported that theaters were sold out only for them to be half full when arriving. :rolleyes:

CJR

We opted not to book in advance, I'm like "Let's just see it when we see it." I don't want to hold my A-List reservations up for the next two months. If it's a full theater and I can't go, oh well. I'll just watch something else until it calms down. It's more enjoyable then anyway.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We opted not to book in advance, I'm like "Let's just see it when we see it." I don't want to hold my A-List reservations up for the next two months. If it's a full theater and I can't go, oh well. I'll just watch something else until it calms down. It's more enjoyable then anyway.
I’m in the same ballpark. I’m not gonna “reward” Disney with Pre-Sale considering how they’ve faired so far. Prior rewards with episode 7 has made the issues worse. Life has consequences.

If it is great...I’m sure I’ll go in the first week or so. If it’s mediocre...I will not.

Reminder:
1. Waited 6 hours in the rain for phantom menace
2. Purchased at least 2 sets of advance tickets for 7, 8, R1

Now I simply can’t muster the juice to care

Last edited:

MuteSuperstar

If it is great...I’m sure I’ll go in the first week or so. If it’s mediocre...I will not.

You largely seem to feel the same way I do about these characters....is there really any way it could be truly "great" to you at this point? I'm not sure what exactly they could do that would make me care about the fates of Rey, Poe and Finn now. TLJ was the first SW film I didn't see in the theater, so I doubt I'll be rushing to see this one, unless somehow against all odds JJ has come up with something that's a must-see. The trailer certainly doesn't make me think that's the case though.

Edit..oh yeah I waited for DVD on ROTS too....Attack of the Clones was so horrendously bad it scared me off. But I ended up liking ROTS fairly well by prequel standards.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You largely seem to feel the same way I do about these characters....is there really any way it could be truly "great" to you at this point? I'm not sure what exactly they could do that would make me care about the fates of Rey, Poe and Finn now. TLJ was the first SW film I didn't see in the theater, so I doubt I'll be rushing to see this one, unless somehow against all odds JJ has come up with something that's a must-see. The trailer certainly doesn't make me think that's the case though.

Edit..oh yeah I waited for DVD on ROTS too....Attack of the Clones was so horrendously bad it scared me off. But I ended up liking ROTS fairly well by prequel standards.
Well...back to those rumors/leaks...

If you want to prepare yourself...I can synopse/tell you what my gut says it will be.

But I’m always wrong about Star Wars (just kidding...I’ve had it pegged since I was like 9 years old...which is why I was screaming “NOOOOOOO!!!” At 2:30 am in May, 1999 outside of a carmike cinema in state college, pa....sometimes you just “know”)

MuteSuperstar

Well...back to those rumors/leaks...

If you want to prepare yourself...I can synopse/tell you what my gut says it will be.

But I’m always wrong about Star Wars (just kidding...I’ve had it pegged since I was like 9 years old...which is why I was screaming “NOOOOOOO!!!” At 2:30 am in May, 1999 outside of a carmike cinema in state college, pa....sometimes you just “know”)

Haha no I will at least pass on spoilers, maybe at least salvage some level of surprise.
And yeah the Phantom Menace disappointment was pretty crushing, but now I'm not really invested in any modern movie enough to even get that disappointed anymore. Intensely rabid fandom of any kind pretty much makes me roll my eyes now. And probably 90% of what I watch now is pre-90's movies anyway. The endless grey onslaught of CGI these days has lost me.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Haha no I will at least pass on spoilers, maybe at least salvage some level of surprise.
And yeah the Phantom Menace disappointment was pretty crushing, but now I'm not really invested in any modern movie enough to even get that disappointed anymore. Intensely rabid fandom of any kind pretty much makes me roll my eyes now. And probably 90% of what I watch now is pre-90's movies anyway. The endless grey onslaught of CGI these days has lost me.
Again...

GET OUTTA MY BRAIN!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom