Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

Mike S

I haven't seen the footage yet obviously, but it could also be nothing more than a Force vision. I do not believe she will switch sides per se, but I also don't believe she fears the Dark Side in the way the Jedi typically do. Whatever Rey wielding a red lightsaber means though has me seriously intrigued.
It could be a vision since it looks like she was back in the snow forest on starkiller base. I hope it’s not a new base or else they’ve lost their marbles.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Who says 'Rey' switches sides? ;)
I haven't seen the footage yet obviously, but it could also be nothing more than a Force vision. I do not believe she will switch sides per se, but I also don't believe she fears the Dark Side in the way the Jedi typically do. Whatever Rey wielding a red lightsaber means though has me seriously intrigued.
The fact that there’s “red lightsaber” stuff could be pointing that way.

Besides...abrams whining about fisher - who honestly wasn’t up to it and never should have been brought back at all - might be ground Work for the “redemption of sonny boy”

Star Wars is basically tanked for 2
Years...I can only imagine corporate told them to switch course. To make driver the good guy in the end could certainly be their best guess on how to do that. Ridley is almost as hollow as boyega.

Might be time to cut bait

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It could be a vision since it looks like she was back in the snow forest on starkiller base. I hope it’s not a new base or else they’ve lost their marbles.
Starkiller base?

Good god...they’re 2/3 of the way through a “trilogy” that’s provided almost nothing and a rabid world wide fanbase wanted for 35 years...

If we are in “misdirection and nuance”
Stage...everyone of them
Should be fired.

Let’s get serious here.

Last edited:

AdamNV87

Who says 'Rey' switches sides? ;)
Another possibility is that she's going undercover to infiltrate the Knights of Ren or something, sorta like Han and Luke as Stormtroopers in ANH.

We know from the first trailer she'll be exploring the remains of the fallen Death Star, so it's possible she found old Sith weaponry and a cloak from Palpatine's chambers to use as aid.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Another possibility is that she's going undercover to infiltrate the Knights of Ren or something, sorta like Han and Luke as Stormtroopers in ANH.

We know from the first trailer she'll be exploring the remains of the fallen Death Star, so it's possible she found old Sith weaponry and a cloak from Palpatine's chambers to use as aid.
How do you get that out of a 124 minute runtime?

People forget that this isn’t a “blank slate”

They wasted 4 hours of runtime on a reboot and a weird emo experiment gone to crap...

Can’t reinvent the laws of time and space.

And it’s deja vu...because the exact same problem existed 15 years ago

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How do you get that out of a 124 minute runtime?

People forget that this isn’t a “blank slate”

They wasted 4 hours of runtime on a reboot and a weird emo experiment gone to crap...

Can’t reinvent the laws of time and space.

And it’s deja by...because the exact same problem existed 15 years ago

I'm beginning to think you don't like the new Star Wars movies.

NateD1226

A big thanks to @NateD1226 and others who attended the expo today for all the updates on this from within.

Yeah I'm a little disappointed we didn't get a full trailer at the panel. Still though, a lot to speculate on based on what we were given.
No problem! Sorry for just seeing this now. My notifications are all over the place and it isn't fun

CinematicFusion

Starkiller base?

Good god...they’re 2/3 of the way through a “trilogy” that’s provided almost nothing and a rabid world wide fanbase wanted for 35 years...

If we are in “misdirection and nuance”
Stage...everyone of them
Should be fired.

Let’s get serious here.

If Rey only has a vision of being Dark... wow what a let down. You can’t tease that and not deliver.
It’s like TLJ trailer where Luke fires up the Falcon... it looks like he is going to go on an adventure, older fans get excited and.... well... we know what’s happened to the Star Wars fan base since the release of TLJ. Divided down the middle. Some fans will fight you telling you how great it is.... other fans get nauseous watching it. Best not to speak about TLJ

Here is hoping J.J. can pull a magic trick with the last episode and make it fun and enjoyable that honors the myths and legends of Star Wars

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Abrams just rolled one of his classic nonsensical teaser trailers on GMA...

...right on queue. Don’t have to be kreskin to figure out Disney.

Lukewarm applause from the studio audience - by the way.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
source.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
After Disney spent 7 years claiming they wanted to “do original stories”...they just hatched an OT heavy highlight reel to lead in to the the actual trailer.

And all 8 “episodes” are in it...except one has 3 seconds....

Anyone want to guess which one?
Apologies to those who were right should be in written form. Some people absolutely get Star Wars...some don’t

tk924

Ok, so the majority of that trailer consists of OT and PT scenes followed by even less time to 7 and 8.
Then they throw in classic Y wings, B wings, a Corellian Corvette and Imperial Star Destroyers? I'm confused. I certainly hope there's no time travel involved.
Why do I feel that some the Episode 9 visuals will not be in the movie? Has that happened before? Oh yeah, it did.
Things that make you go...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ok, so the majority of that trailer consists of OT and PT scenes followed by even less time to 7 and 8.
Then they throw in classic Y wings, B wings, a Corellian Corvette and Imperial Star Destroyers? I'm confused. I certainly hope there's no time travel involved.
Why do I feel that some the Episode 9 visuals will not be in the movie? Has that happened before? Oh yeah, it did.
Things that make you go...
On the Star Destroyers...

One of the rumors is that the Emperor hid a large force in the outer rim. If that is correct, that would explain their presence.

Mouse3268

After Disney spent 7 years claiming they wanted to “do original stories”...they just hatched an OT heavy highlight reel to lead in to the the actual trailer.

And all 8 “episodes” are in it...except one has 3 seconds....

Anyone want to guess which one?
Apologies to those who were right should be in written form. Some people absolutely get Star Wars...some don’t

Attack of the Clones?

A New Hope - 17 seconds
Empire Strikes Back - 12 seconds
Return of the Jedi - 5 seconds
Phantom Menace - 4 seconds
Attack of the Clones - 3 seconds
Revenge of the Sith - 4 seconds
The Force Awakens - 9 seconds
The Last Jedi - 7 seconds
The Rise of Skywalker - 33 seconds

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom