Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

For me...it’s just the end of a pattern that started in 1999...

I’m sad. It was something that was fun, emotional, and captivated the imagination.

Just doesn’t do that anymore. More “a chore” to watch.

As an FYI: my son went on fortnite for the Star Wars event they had today. It was pretty cool...the falcon flew into the game...it landed and they did a promo event where Abrams appears as a character and talked...

Well done.

Then they showed a new clip...which was a fight scene on a star destroyer...

We’ve gone back to episode 7 corny jokes and clunky stormtrooper movements...

Which was some “throwback” to 1977 that didn’t play 4 years ago and doesn’t really play now.

Oh, brother 😳

Mike S

For me...it’s just the end of a pattern that started in 1999...

I’m sad. It was something that was fun, emotional, and captivated the imagination.

Just doesn’t do that anymore. More “a chore” to watch.

As an FYI: my son went on fortnite for the Star Wars event they had today. It was pretty cool...the falcon flew into the game...it landed and they did a promo event where Abrams appears as a character and talked...

Well done.

Then they showed a new clip...which was a fight scene on a star destroyer...

We’ve gone back to episode 7 corny jokes and clunky stormtrooper movements...

Which was some “throwback” to 1977 that didn’t play 4 years ago and doesn’t really play now.

Oh, brother 😳
I play Fortnite too. Got the Imperial Stormtrooper skin that came out a month ago and today’s free glider. I have absolutely no interest in getting the skins of Rey, Finn, the Sith Trooper, or the leaked Kylo Ren and whoever that new armored chick is. Keep in mind I’m someone that jumped on Star Lord, Batman, John Wick, and the Demogorgan (Stranger Things) when they got put in the game.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I play Fortnite too. Got the Imperial Stormtrooper skin that came out a month ago and today’s free glider. I have absolutely no interest in getting the skins of Rey, Finn, the Sith Trooper, or the leaked Kylo Ren and whoever that new armored chick is. Keep in mind I’m someone that jumped on Star Lord, Batman, John Wick, and the Demogorgan (Stranger Things) when they got put in the game.
I have no idea what any of that stuff you said means...
But even still you said something damning about Star Wars current state here

Mike S

I have no idea what any of that stuff you said means...
But even still you said something damning about Star Wars current state here
Lol the game lets you play as different characters and they released some for the movies.

Before this there was an Imperial Stormtrooper which I did get. I thought you knew a few fundamentals from your son maybe asking you for money to use on the game but I guess not.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lol the game lets you play as different characters and they released some for the movies.

Before this there was an Imperial Stormtrooper which I did get. I thought you knew a few fundamentals from your son maybe asking you for money to use on the game but I guess not.

I knew what you were talking about...I was just using a little trickery to highlight that the characters Disney banked the entire franchise on have no appeal to you...

Kinda damning, isn’t it?

But at least we have baby yoda now 😎

Jedijax719

Having the idea of bringing back the Emperor and actually doing it are two different things. There were a LOT of things tossed around as can be seen in the Art of Force Awakens book. About a third of that book actually has ideas used in the movie itself. Many have been used in other films (TLJ, RO, Solo, now the Mandalorian) and others not "yet" used but provide Disney with an archive of artist's ideas.

Point is that there were a LOT of ideas tossed around. JJ and KK apparently used the word "planned" very loosely it seems. So the idea of bringing back Palpatine was probably tossed around in the planning phase and maybe even kept in the back of their minds. But it likely didn't mean that it was a solid plan from the beginning that never changed. There's always a way to twist around the word "planned" to make it either something never left or an idea that came and went. It's up the reader and now they are using that word to make it seem like it was always the plan and never deviated from that plan. But they called Ian when the plan became solidified for this movie.

Someday I'd love to find out what Collin T planned for his version. But don't listen to what certain "sources" say as they've already seemed to flat out lie about CT's script.

Mike S

Having the idea of bringing back the Emperor and actually doing it are two different things. There were a LOT of things tossed around as can be seen in the Art of Force Awakens book. About a third of that book actually has ideas used in the movie itself. Many have been used in other films (TLJ, RO, Solo, now the Mandalorian) and others not "yet" used but provide Disney with an archive of artist's ideas.

Point is that there were a LOT of ideas tossed around. JJ and KK apparently used the word "planned" very loosely it seems. So the idea of bringing back Palpatine was probably tossed around in the planning phase and maybe even kept in the back of their minds. But it likely didn't mean that it was a solid plan from the beginning that never changed. There's always a way to twist around the word "planned" to make it either something never left or an idea that came and went. It's up the reader and now they are using that word to make it seem like it was always the plan and never deviated from that plan. But they called Ian when the plan became solidified for this movie.

Someday I'd love to find out what Collin T planned for his version. But don't listen to what certain "sources" say as they've already seemed to flat out lie about CT's script.
Well we do know one thing about CT. He was talking with Mark Hamill about his ideas for Luke and Mark liked them. Mark said it himself in an interview way back when.

Jimmy Thick

Checking seats for my local theater and now opening night is almost completely sold out. The only seats left are at the 1-2am shows and whats left on those are right in the first couple rows.

Not seeing much local hype but the real fanboi's will be there.

Mike S

Checking seats for my local theater and now opening night is almost completely sold out. The only seats left are at the 1-2am shows and whats left on those are right in the first couple rows.

Not seeing much local hype but the real fanboi's will be there.
This close and they’re finally selling out? Dang. Endgame’s whole first weekend was gone on like the first day tickets went on sale.

They really botched this. Thanks Rian.

CinematicFusion

I have a bad feeling about ROS. Going to see it Thursday but it’s the first Star Wars movie I’m very “iffy” about.

Yes... I could not stand Last Jedi and could only stomach to watch it once.

How J.J. fixes this train wreck by adding Palpatine while not destroying the ending of Return of The Jedi will be interesting

CinematicFusion

It looks as if JJ Abrams has been caught in a little white lie.

In this article from Collider, Abrams claims Palpatine's return was planned since The Force Awakens. (2015)

However, in this video interview from actor Ian McDiarmid, it is reported JJ only contacted him last year, and "was thinking about" bringing the Emperor back.

This is gonna get interesting...
Oh, and JJ, your nose is growing.

JJ had no choice but to force Palpatine into the story after Rian J. decided on a whim to kill off the main heavy of the new trilogy.
Love how there is zero story outline for this trilogy. There was... but Disney threw Lucas’s 50 page story treatment away. Unbelievable

LSLS

Must be hard living on the planet I live in where people might actually enjoy things? Actually, it's pretty easy and pretty pleasant. Did TLJ "suffer" due to backlash over TFA? Nope. Sure, it wasn't a great movie. I'll accept it, but it suffered because the movie itself wasn't that great, not because the movies before it had issues. Likewise, if TROS is good (which it looks to be) and people like it, then the movie will have its own life and not be defined by what came before it.

It's when people try to compare everything to TFA or to End Game that causes people to consider things as "failures" just as many people called TLK'19 a "failure". Yeah, I have seen a lot of people saying that believe it or not.

If the movie makes around the same as TLK'19, it won't be necessarily a bomb, but I find that scenario to be EXTREMELY unlikely. Less than $600 million domestic? Maybe, but that still won't be a bomb.

As far as ticket sales go, it is going VERY well and has been picking up even more steam. If it opens less than $190 million and makes less than $550 million domestic and less than $1.1 billion WW, then we can talk. Until then, despite there being a lot of disgruntled people butthurt over TLJ, SW is not quite close to the doom and gloom you are describing.

Where have you seen tickets sales are really picking up? I haven't seen any info on that.

I still say, under TLJ, I think you can officially say TLJ did real damage. Anything over, I think the damage was overplayed. Unless this thing becomes a complete shocker and blows up, I would still say the final movie in the saga ending up under $2 billion is a bit of a failure.

As for ticket sales, I got End Game tickets the day they went on sale and nearly the entire preview day was sold out within a few hours at all theaters around me (and a lot of the weekend). ROS has between 12-17 tickets still available for each of the first 6 showings on Thursday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom