Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

The_Jobu

Looks like some leaks might be very true after all.

Also as I expected Palpatine’s return seems to have no real purpose other than “crap, we need a villain that’s actually intimidating!”

What a joke lol

Still seeing it as it’s always nice to watch a wreck. Maybe Disney can go Ghostbusters on this in the future?

It's cool that they used my favourite muppet.

And the Swedish chef is cool too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
At this point, it wouldn't phase me if he made a surprise cameo at the end. Might be an upgrade to what's actually in store if the leaks are true.
Can’t dispute that with a straight face.
Um, the German BK thing is wild. Not sure if it is legit but it matches with the leaks. So if the leaks are legit...
You can't make this stuff up.

It’s so horribly bad that I HAVE to believe this is wrong...

So we are:
1. Retconning EVERYTHING the past two movies erased.
2. Pushing through on the insistence these new characters have any likeable qualities about them by ripping off scenes from the OT. Yep...the disgruntled fandom won’t see through that genius angle...😳
3. Throwing every reference to return of the Jedi you can find out there.
4. Make the silly 7 and 8 side characters utterly more uselessly laughable.
5. Roll credits. End of Star Wars movies...Bob has to concentrate on buying an island.

Did I miss something?

You know...as an aside: I’ve watched EndGame again...and again...
And though I wasn’t floored by it first run...it grows on you. It has just enough emotion to be lasting and the right kind of fan service. That’s what a legendary franchise gives you.
Star Wars did that. With Jedi...the arc of the first 3.

I have no faith they have done that here. I guess the heart string pulling credits with the actors signing the screen isn’t gonna be needed huh?

Nope...can’t achieve the level of Star Trek 6

I can’t even remember Poe’s real name.

Man...where’s that bottle of scotch I left laying around?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Actually forgetting or just not wanting to say it I’ll laugh either way. Adam, you’re amazing 🤣
Oh yeah...those NDA’s are definitely up.

It’s like they all got together at Starbucks and decided to say what they really thought ever since they read that awful script from kennedy’s Manboy...

sedati

“Your hate has made you powerful.”

You know, thats not actually the message you’re supposed to take from these films. Also, a powerful what was never specified, but it’s becoming clearer with every new page of dead horse beating posts.

Mike S

You know, thats not actually the message you’re supposed to take from these films. Also, a powerful what was never specified, but it’s becoming clearer with every new page of dead horse beating posts.
Hate? I see people laughing having a good time right now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Under the circumstances, this is as light hearted as we can get. Especially with the self-deprecating fan angle...

You don’t need to cast stones on this. The world will see for themselves in 6 days...and we’ll know in 7 if any of this leak stuff is true...once it hits the stomach.
Hate? I see people laughing having a good time right now.
Ditto. Except for the Swedish Chef part. I was being dead serious that he will most certainly be making an appearance in RoS.

And mark my words, I will be crying like a baby when the emotional scene occurs where he tells Rey: "I am yer fatherclaukennder."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ditto. Except for the Swedish Chef part. I was being dead serious that he will most certainly be making an appearance in RoS.

And mark my words, I will be crying like a baby when the emotional scene occurs where he tells Rey: "I am yer fatherclaukennder."
Apparently...he’s the ONLY Disney owner character not making an appearance in this one...

But I admit I’m stoked for when AC/DC blasts and Ironman flies in...that’s almost as cool as Indiana Jones whipping the storm trooper 😉

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Premium Member
You don’t need to cast stones on this. The world will see for themselves in 6 days...and we’ll know in 7 if any of this leak stuff is true

I don't get why Denmark, Switzerland, Germany, France, Greece, Israel, Indonesia, The Ukraine, and Lithuania get this 2 days before the US does. Heck, even Canada gets it on the 19th, eh! Russia, Mexico, Slovakia and Malaysia do to. There's gonna be a ton of spoilers to navigate through.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't get why Denmark, Switzerland, Germany, France, Greece, Israel, Indonesia, The Ukraine, and Lithuania get this 2 days before the US does. Heck, even Canada gets it on the 19th, eh! Russia, Mexico, Slovakia and Malaysia do to. There's gonna be a ton of spoilers to navigate through.
The whole story is out, Scorp...

I’m sure the Nuevo Star Wars fans (prequel toy lovers...Disney apologists...those that met girlfriends/boyfriends at a convention) are somewhere on the Internet ADAMANTLY denying all the leak stuff that has intensified...

But I think Disney is all but throwing their hands up and letting it play...

It’s an action movie that tries to put bandaids on all the damage.

Also known as: Revenge of the Sith:

May even reuse a scene or two...or 30

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
...is don’t make sh!tty Star Wars. Don’t fix a wheel that isn’t broken. Don’t think because it’s made a fortune off merchandise that the worldwide fanbase is ok with you using financial analysis to try and sustain that above all else.

The winner in this whole Disney debacle (and it is that...they’ve taken a franchise nobody would challenge at the box office and shrunk it down to competing with Picard on tv)is George Lucas. It’s made him look like kinda justified...even thought that’s a history rewrite.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yup. Most infuriating it is.

Not to get melodramatic...(but here it comes)...

Remember those T-shirts printed about what George Lucas “did” to our childhoods?

I thought those to be silly and ridiculous...the coping over an awful prequel set gone too far...

But doesn’t what we speak of - figuratively - kinda mean Disney is Actively Committing this analogy?

Our hero isn’t our hero (thanks Rian...and spell your name right!!!)..,and now our villains weren’t redeemed/dealt with?

How am I misreading this?

Please, Sedanti, try to be patronizing in the thinly veiled defense of Disney’s mistakes this time??
I beg of it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom