Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

Animaniac93-98

Great opinion piece, all valid points.

I agree with the article's main points, but I doubt Disney's ability to pull it off and please everyone.

And let's not kid ourselves here. Disney's only goal with buying and then milking the Star Wars brand was to make money, they had no grand "artistic vision" to justify more content. Too bad that's as far as the idea got before they signed the agreement with Lucas.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree with the article's main points, but I doubt Disney's ability to pull it off and please everyone.

And let's not kid ourselves here. Disney's only goal with buying and then milking the Star Wars brand was to make money, they had no grand "artistic vision" to justify more content. Too bad that's as far as the idea got before they signed the agreement with Lucas.
I agree with your conclusions but disagree with the reasoning...

I don’t think they solely bought to milk. I think they had every intention to grow and expand. The high budget streaming shows is proof of that...

I think they used focus groups and market analysis to decide what they thought would be maximum yield. They missed big time because they have no understanding of Star Wars. None.
Fail.
Then they put and left the wrong people in charge that I think was a ploy by Lucas to maintain control in the first place.
Fail.

That’s how the empire falls. Not to “thunderous applause”

Last edited:

sedati

Remember the whole #missed opportunities and this pic:
1574619693689.png

Even leaving Lando out, the only time the three leads were all in the Falcon cockpit together in the original trilogy is this one brief moment:
Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 1.18.22 PM.png

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but perhaps the "fans" were thinking of the time the trio was on the Shuttle Tydirium. I know there's plenty of scenes will all three together, but I keep hearing (particularly Jason at Rebel Force Radio) about how cool it would have been to see all of them in the cockpit of the Falcon again, and frankly, that never happened.

Mike S

Remember the whole #missed opportunities and this pic:
View attachment 428282

Even leaving Lando out, the only time the three leads were all in the Falcon cockpit together in the original trilogy is this one brief moment:
View attachment 428283
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but perhaps the "fans" were thinking of the time the trio was on the Shuttle Tydirium. I know there's plenty of scenes will all three together, but I keep hearing (particularly Jason at Rebel Force Radio) about how cool it would have been to see all of them in the cockpit of the Falcon again, and frankly, that never happened.
I really think it was mostly about just having a scene with all of them together. That’s probably how Mark and most people (including myself) took it.

Also, what was the purpose of bringing this up again?

sedati

I really think it was mostly about just having a scene with all of them together. That’s probably how Mark and most people (including myself) took it.

Also, what was the purpose of bringing this up again?
Just watched Episode IV. I think we all had vivid memories of the gang palling around in the Falcon that really don't exist.
Anyway, sorry, I didn't know there was a time limit on topics- but I'm relieved I won't have to hear any more complaining about Episode VIII.

Mike S

Just watched Episode IV. I think we all had vivid memories of the gang palling around in the Falcon that really don't exist.
Anyway, sorry, I didn't know there was a time limit on topics- but I'm relieved I won't have to hear any more complaining about Episode VIII.
Nice deflection 👍

This thread had just been dormant for a bit so I was confused why this was important.

sedati

Nice deflection 👍

This thread had just been dormant for a bit so I was confused why this was important.
Sorry officer, please forgive my necro-post. I didn't know that a thread that was still on page one and active as of Wednesday was considered dormant.👍

Mike S

Sorry officer, please forgive my necro-post. I didn't know that a thread that was still on page one and active as of Wednesday was considered dormant.👍
“For a bit.” Context is key. A few days with no posts and I wondered why this was important.

Not an officer but it would be nice. Maybe. Idk.

sedati

Exactly. It's an obvious preemptive move on his part to dismiss any criticism of Episode 9 as nitpicking from an abusive fan culture.
The solution to that is to not put out a lousy movie in the first place.
The Force Awakens is the highest grossing domestic film of all time. I’m not sure he feels threatened by the popularity of The Mandalorian.
I can honestly say my greatest concern with Star Wars is that they listen to the loudest detractors. I keep hearing ”should of’s” that sound worse than anything yet put to film. The only sure way to kill a fandom is to chase after it. Clearly those who have claimed to have given up on Star Wars are more involved than ever as they remain the most prolific.
Meanwhile the rest of us just have a whole lot of Star Wars to watch... and read... and play... and visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom