Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

MileZXO

I have sources, take it or leave it but Episode 9 will be a shocker which includes Rey being a clone, she was the last of her kind and was part of a project created by Vader to have a Jedi army that would overthrow the empire.. inspired by The Force Unleashed.

Hux being an insider and actually being with the resistance, double crossing Kylo at the last minute

Then we discover there was an alien force parasite that attached itself to generations of sith lords, giving them their power and it moved from Palpatine to Snoke, snoke was an officer that escaped the death star hence why he said he saw the empire rise and fall.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have sources, take it or leave it but Episode 9 will be a shocker which includes Rey being a clone, she was the last of her kind and was part of a project created by Vader to have a Jedi army that would overthrow the empire.. inspired by The Force Unleashed.

Hux being an insider and actually being with the resistance, double crossing Kylo at the last minute

Then we discover there was an alien force parasite that attached itself to generations of sith lords, giving them their power and it moved from Palpatine to Snoke, snoke was an officer that escaped the death star hence why he said he saw the empire rise and fall.

Well...if they are looking for a way to end Star Wars “with a bang”...this would do it.

tk924

*Not* bringing in legacy characters makes fans mad.

Unpleasable fan base.
Don't get me wrong. I liked seeing Luke, Leia, Han back in TFA even if that movie was ANH2.0
Disney had to bring them in to get us old fans back in the game. It's how they did it that has the fan base divided.

GL had treatments already written for 7 - 9 and handed them over as part of the LFL sale and Disney probably threw them in the trash. I wonder if he's had/having seller's remorse.
I also wonder if GL's 7 - 9 story will leak out someday. I'd read that from beginning to end in a heart beat.

tk924

Sounds far fetched to me. Of course, Disney has proven that nothing is not off the table.

MileZXO

Sounds far fetched to me. Of course, Disney has proven that nothing is not off the table.

I didn't point out these elements are from the lucasfilm story cards. They might not all end up in the final feature. But legit source that confirmed to me Skywalker dies in TLJ

lazyboy97o

GL had treatments already written for 7 - 9 and handed them over as part of the LFL sale and Disney probably threw them in the trash. I wonder if he's had/having seller's remorse.
I also wonder if GL's 7 - 9 story will leak out someday. I'd read that from beginning to end in a heart beat.
How much Lucas had already written is often exaggerated, especially by Lucas himself. Disney did not use his work for the sequels but this is the guy who's "always planned" prequel trilogy wasn't much more than notes and background information cut from early drafts of what became Star Wars that he thought might make for an interesting movie in the original 12-movie anthology series.

erasure fan1

How much Lucas had already written is often exaggerated, especially by Lucas himself. Disney did not use his work for the sequels but this is the guy who's "always planned" prequel trilogy wasn't much more than notes and background information cut from early drafts of what became Star Wars that he thought might make for an interesting movie in the original 12-movie anthology series.
True Lucas did not have scripts for everything, but those "notes and background information" represented one central story idea. Something that is sadly missing from Kennedys star wars. More of the Lucas ideas went into the sequels than most know or want to admit.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
True Lucas did not have scripts for everything, but those "notes and background information" represented one central story idea. Something that is sadly missing from Kennedys star wars. More of the Lucas ideas went into the sequels than most know or want to admit.

My theory (just that) is that lucas actively resented why Star Wars was as big as it was - because it was done when he was a business tycoon/corporate head during empire and jedi and NOT a creative film guy at that time...and his goal was always to “put his stamp on it”. That’s why the prequels were so cheesy and screwball. He failed.

Then, Disney bought and decided they could morph it into a “modern” franchise - make 50 movies that made the same money in all countries with interchangeable parts and bland stories. The fast and the furious - basically.
They are failing too...it’s just not as obvious...yet.

Only Star Wars has this “thing” where Hollywood continues to tell the fans they were wrong to like it. Because it is inconvenient to be just content with making a few good movies now. Walmart theory.

prberk

Does anyone know if Disney plans to bring the Fox logo back to the entire series when and if they tie up the loose ends in their acquisition of Fox? (The only reason to acquire Fox IMHO, LOL.)

champdisney

Does anyone know if Disney plans to bring the Fox logo back to the entire series when and if they tie up the loose ends in their acquisition of Fox? (The only reason to acquire Fox IMHO, LOL.)
Ehh... Highly unlikely. Disney’s got their name plastered on all Star Wars merch and not even they begin the new sequels and standalone films with their opening banner.

prberk

Ehh... Highly unlikely. Disney’s got their name plastered on all Star Wars merch and not even they begin the new sequels and standalone films with their opening banner.

But that was because when the deal was announced, they deferred to fan sentiment that the Disney name did not belong before the features -- I remember an announcement to that effect, that they would simply use the Lucasfilm logo. (That, of course, has not prevented them, as you say, from using the Disney name on SW merchandise.)

Personally I always felt like the Star Wars music and the Fox fanfare go together. (As you might know, Fox even brought back an old extended fanfare (the one you know today) to bridge its shorter fanfare (which it had been using in the '70s) to the pitch and tone of the Star Wars theme song. Originally in the Star Wars films, the Fox fanfare (short version) played over the Fox logo (like every other film of the time), with the extended part playing over black film and the Lucasfilm reference (which in the beginning was not a logo, just text).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom