Star Trek: Picard (Spoilers)

Figgy1

Premium Member
@StarWarsGirl I checked and it's still
1583530758422.png
I guess it only works with the other show
1583531048608.png

Wendy Pleakley

I think everyone was upset at the death of Hugh, and kudos to Jonathan Del Arco and the writers for making us care about a character who appeared only a handful of times across two series.

What made it particularly jarring, was that we saw him being threatened, then were told he can't be killed due to his protected status as a Federation citizen. It felt like he was safe, and then suddenly he wasn't.

We already had two characters barely holding it together over their dead son (some brilliantly subtle acting there as well), did we really need Hugh thrown into the mix? My heart can only take so much!

Ultimately, while I'm not a fan of shows killing off great characters, I'm mostly okay with it. He was a minor character, albeit with some major impact across both shows, and he got a full story arc. If you're going to kill a character for dramatic effect, a minor supporting one is the way to go. Viewing it with hindsight, seeing how good Del Arco was, it's easy to see why people are upset at the decision, but I'm not surprised they went that route.

artvandelay

Earlier in the season they hinted that the Tal Shiar and Starfleet Intelligence worked together to stop synths. I think Commodore Oh is a Vulcan and probably part of Section 31. After seeing Dr Jurati’s visions during the mind meld, I’m even more convinced of a Discovery tie in.

artvandelay

Earlier in the season they hinted that the Tal Shiar and Starfleet Intelligence worked together to stop synths. I think Commodore Oh is a Vulcan and probably part of Section 31. After seeing Dr Jurati’s visions during the mind meld, I’m even more convinced of a Discovery tie in.
I was wrong, but it’s weird that Discovery S2 and Picard have the same theme; that A.I. Is bad and will lead to the destruction of your society.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom