Star Tours

Spike-in-Berlin

Yes it was. About 15+ years ago. Today it is definitely dated (especially the SFX from the late 80s) and begging for an update, which is already planned if I am right. I did it once during my last trip and won't do it again until it's updated.
May the force by with you.

AEfx

You know I was trying to remember today the name of that peppermint candy thing, you know, shaped like a circle in a silver wrapper? Those things are wicked gross.

AEfx

EpcotServo

Yes it was. About 15+ years ago. Today it is definitely dated (especially the SFX from the late 80s) and begging for an update, which is already planned if I am right. I did it once during my last trip and won't do it again until it's updated.
May the force by with you.

Them's fightin' words! Star Tours is still great!

I would like to see a remastered film though.

ROTM

orly.jpg

SWatsi

It seemed shorter than usual this year. Perhaps that is a sign that I have ridden it too many times and am no longer suprised by it.

Love it, wish there would be some kind of plus by the next time I go just to suprise me again.

CThaddeus

I've ridden it loads of times as well, but it still doesnt get old for me:lookaroun

Ditto. It seems to me people have become incredibly jaded by computer generated effects (which to me often don't look as real as miniatures and blue screen effects) and won't settle for anything less. I'll admit that even in 1987 I thought the comet part didn't look as good as it could have, but otherwise I think the attraction and its queue are just as impressive today...like I think "A New Hope" (not that unnecessary Special Edition version, either) looks just as impressive now as it did in 1977. I fear a redo for this attraction. If it's going to be anything like Episode I, then they really shouldn't bother. The last thing we need is Jar-Jar and Watto's Star Tours.

I've ridden it loads of times as well, but it still doesnt get old for me:lookaroun

I still love this ride. I think instead of wasting resources on redoing a ride that still provides a good thrill I'd like to see a couple of brand spanking new attractions at the studios. Add to the place and spread the people out. It's just a thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom