Star Tours moving to TomorrowLand

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There’s a lot of structural issues with putting something far removed from the present SGE format in the moon ride building.

You may fit the Star Tours queue in. That’s about it.

On a brighter note, TLF was installed to be converted back to Circlevision in the future if needs be. Not that I think it’d ever happen.

Driver

I'm relatively new to the forum so I'm only aware of Martin, Feather, Spirit, Wildcat, and Lee as insiders, so I'm sorry if I'm not aware of everyone of who is an insider, it wasn't my intention to offend anyone, if it isn't much of a bother could you tell who can be considered an insider so I don't make such mistakes in the future please :)
Honestly some insiders/CM's keep a low profile. They are on this Forum for the pleasure of conversing about WDW. They may not want to be identified and I don't think it's mine or anyone else's place to point them out. Unless they choose to come forward on their own. The forum should be pleased to have CM's here but it seems ( like in the parks) CM's are not always appreciated. Just my 2 cents

Festivus

Well, that could be true, the new update does have you landing on the new planet at the end now, was actually pretty cool.
That would be fantastic if they could find a way to reconfigure the exit and Tattooine Traders to exit into SWGE, as well as retheme the exterior from Endor/Tattooine to a sole SW locale to give the impression you are leaving one planet to arrive at another...

wdwgreek

There’s a lot of structural issues with putting something far removed from the present SGE format in the moon ride building.

On a brighter note, TLF was installed to be converted back to Circlevision in the future if needs be. Not that I think it’d ever happen.
I am so sorry I can't figure out what TLF is lol.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That would be fantastic if they could find a way to reconfigure the exit and Tattooine Traders to exit into SWGE, as well as retheme the exterior from Endor/Tattooine to a sole SW locale to give the impression you are leaving one planet to arrive at another...

We have recently heard that there is a proposal on the table to have Star Tours exit into SWGE, but it's far from a done deal.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Would that proposal end up keeping Star Tours around for longer than a few more years? Because I really enjoy that attraction.

I would think that if they were going to go through the expense to do this, it would mean Star Tours would stay around longer. Again, the rumor is that is that it's still unlikely to happen.

JustInTime

That is what I don't understand. Why move an attraction away from its themed land that cost around millions even billions of dollars.
It’s not going to be part of the themed land anyway. It will most likely close after Galaxy’s Edge opens and be rethemed to a different IP. So I think people are more hopeful that it’s moving elsewhere when it’s not.

HauntedMansionFLA

Original Poster
It’s not going to be part of the themed land anyway. It will most likely close after Galaxy’s Edge opens and be rethemed to a different IP. So I think people are more hopeful that it’s moving elsewhere when it’s not.
Outside chance ST could be connected to SW:GE which makes sense. ST can serve a lot of guest per hour and perfect entrance to the new land.

Cmdr_Crimson

Oh, would it be nice to see a seamless Circle Vision be put into this once again. And bring Back Timekeeper in a new show. Aww heck why not use it as a 4D Circle Vision theater..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom