Star Tours moving to TomorrowLand

Goofyernmost

No kidding?

The point being, if they put in in Disneyland it's not crazy to think they could put it in Magic Kingdom.
No, but, what is crazy it actually thinking that they are going to spend huge amounts of money to move the entire thing from DHS to MK. Even if it fit. As far as what happens to it see below.
Seriously though, what's gonna happen to ST at DHS? It can't possibly stick around after SWGE opens.
Seriously, it has been said, by reliable sources, about a million times give or take a few, that it will remain connected thematically to SWL for a while it will eventually be repurposed to a different experience. Contrary to popular belief, there are people that enjoy other topics besides SW's.

tissandtully

No, but, what is crazy it actually thinking that they are going to spend huge amounts of money to move the entire thing from DHS to MK. Even if it fit. As far as what happens to it see below.

Seriously, it has been said, by reliable sources, about a million times give or take a few, that it will remain connected thematically to SWL for a while it will eventually be repurposed to a different experience. Contrary to popular belief, there are people that enjoy other topics besides SW's.
Sorry I didn't search every mention of Star Tours on this site, please forgive me forum Jedi.

smile

Well, that could be true, the new update does have you landing on the new planet at the end now, was actually pretty cool.

taking a trip via star tours to batuu and then being able to walk around it afterwards seems interesting - or it could just be totally re purposed.

regardless, it'll be a relatively redundant experience after swge opens, but capacity is dire

danlb_2000

Premium Member

This is what has been assumed from a while now, but there was a recent and reliable rumor that there is a pitch within Disney to connect the exit of the ride to the land which would mean it's going to stay around long term, although at this point it still sounds like better odds of it not happening.

fractal

For the record, I'm not in favor of it being moved. I was simply pointing out that there is at least some precedent of a Star Tours in a "Magic Kingdom" Park.

DisneyFan18

LOL this forum amazes me..... most people don't know when they are talking to an insider or not. This statement is a good example. I have seen post disputing factual information from insiders. Prompting insiders to give up and sit on the sidelines.
I'm relatively new to the forum so I'm only aware of Martin, Feather, Spirit, Wildcat, and Lee as insiders, so I'm sorry if I'm not aware of everyone of who is an insider, it wasn't my intention to offend anyone, if it isn't much of a bother could you tell who can be considered an insider so I don't make such mistakes in the future please :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom