Star Tours II

SirGoofy

Yes I laughed when I read that. A bit encouraging. Anything Star Wars needs AA's or live characters to be Star Wars.

I'm just praying that it isn't the whole Podracer theme. Keep the prequels out of there.

I would probably die if I saw a Darth Vader AA, thought.:D

EDIT:Oh my gosh or a Boba Fett AA! PLEASE MAKE A BOBA FETT AA DISNEY!

imagineer boy

I'm really liking some of these concepts. I really do hope they go through with the idea of windows on the sides, that would truly be thrilling.

However, what's the point of it being in 3-D? You're in a perfectly enclosed space ship, why would things suddenly start flying into the simlulator?

kool... i think they should go digital on the screens with serious surround sound so loud that your brain rattles...and to top it of 4-d!!!!:fork:killer
just the ride getting a overhaul is good enough...they should update the lobby maybe a pre-show or something!!! by the way i patented these ideas....:king::ROFLOL:

RSoxNo1

Disney has to look at this refurbishment as something that is better than the Simpsons. That will be the point of comparison. The video clarity of the Simpsons is very good, as is the movement of the simulator. The other external effects (all I noticed was the baby powder scent in Maggie's Mouth) weren't too extraordinary.

If this ride is a clear 3D film than it may work, except with the videos on the sides also being a standard 3D, the effect will be lost, as in the peripheral vision it will appear blurry. The lenticular idea may work for the side screens but what is more logical is something like PhilHarmagic where the side screens aren't in 3D.

icandrawem2

Those Sony SRX projectors used on the Simpsons ride are among the best on the market, and they very well better be for the price tag. I dont quite understand the need for 3D in the peripheral vision either, doesnt seem like it would work, besides, those polarized glasses are usually flat so you can easily see out the sides of them.

To answer your question about why 3D in the first place, they say they will be able to produce 3D landscape, so things wont necessarily be flying into the simulator, rather youll be able to see "thru" the screen like looking through a window. Thats what I got out of it anyway.

At any rate, it sounds like it will be an improvement so lets hope for the best!

Enigma

Account Suspended
Tony Baxter announced on tv that a new star tours would be part of phase 2 of disneylands new tomorrowland. This was back in spring 1998

Over the years Jack Lloyd confirmed it, Anthony Daniels Confirmed it, some ILM dude confirmed it, and even George Lucas himself confirmed it but its been over ten years and i'm affraid it may never be completed :cry:

CaptainMichael

To answer your question about why 3D in the first place, they say they will be able to produce 3D landscape, so things wont necessarily be flying into the simulator, rather youll be able to see "thru" the screen like looking through a window. Thats what I got out of it anyway.

At any rate, it sounds like it will be an improvement so lets hope for the best!

What would really be cool is if the windshield would act as 3-D glasses so you wouldn't have to wear the glasses.

jt04

Original Poster
Nice article. But what terrible grammar and spelling :brick:

:rolleyes:

The site originates in France. The owners english has gotten much better over the years.

By the way, Hows the weathur up thar in them hills n hollers

toolsnspools

What would really be cool is if the windshield would act as 3-D glasses so you wouldn't have to wear the glasses.

If you recall the 3-D commercial at half time of the Super-Bowl, most of the effects were depth and not the virtual pie-in-your-face. This has huge potential in a ride like Star Tours.

I hope this comes before the space ship looks like an everyday commuter car. :lol:

MousDad

I don't know, Cornelius looks like a thriving, cool location near a great urban center. Don't pay attention to the lame, ignorant comments, DME.

Dayma

It would be nice if a new Star Tours re-do would coincide with the new Star Wars live action TV show....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom