Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

baymenxpac

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl.../?CMP=SOC-DPFY11Q2Twitter2.11.1111-02-11@0011

Read this today through Facebook. Happy to see who they'll have. And wondering how one of those is going to work.

the one of these you're referring to MUST be leia. i thought the same thing.

it's nice to see that we'll actually get to see vader, yoda and some of the other iconic characters. i always thought that darth vader costume (equipped with the ventilator sound) they had at the exit of the ride before you walked through tattoine traders was a very underrated part of the attraction experience. vader adds a whole new dimension to any star wars experience.

Maerj

I just commented on this at that site and I'm going to here as well.

I can see almost all of the characters mentioned being in this ride. Leia will have to be played by a younger actress as this ride takes place before Episode 4. Also, if Admiral Ackbar is in it, he will have to also be a much younger version of himself.

The only character mentioned that really doesn't work is Yoda since he is supposed to be hiding. Not hiding too well if Star Tours happens upon you all the time. Not to mention that R2 will be there as well.

Otherwise, it sounds pretty good. Can't wait to see the Skytroopers and their action figures, of course.

erasure fan1

One of our goals for the new Star Tours show was to pack as much Star Wars into the attraction as possible.
They aint kidding! Thats a lot of stuff to fit into one ride. I am a bit sad that there is no mention of rex. I would like to see him at least in the pre-show or something.

imagineer boy

I like this. When I think about it, the only characters that were in the original star tours were just 3PO and R2.

Look at Forbidden Journey, it manages to successfully integrate characters from the movies without forcing them. So I think this may be a good thing.

In the mean time I'm going to sit back and wait for the fan boys to rant about how evil George Lucas is....

NoChesterHester

I like this. When I think about it, the only characters that were in the original star tours were just 3PO and R2.

Look at Forbidden Journey, it manages to successfully integrate characters from the movies without forcing them. So I think this may be a good thing.

In the mean time I'm going to sit back and wait for the fan boys to rant about how evil George Lucas is....

Yes. I consider myself a huge Star Wars fan. Some of the first memories I have are seeing the original release in theaters.

I wasn't crazy about the prequels, but more Star Wars is a good thing in my opinion. I personally like the idea of integrating the characters. For most people Star Wars is about the characters, not just the universe.

erasure fan1

Rex has already been confirmed for preshow as a droid in training
Really, thats cool. I havent read that and saw nothing in this forum. The search came up with nothing.:shrug: Its good news anyway, my daughter will be very happy as she loves rex.
AEfx said:
If Leia is in the ride, I'll cry. Tears of joy.
Jabas palace leia?:lookaroun

cupanudles

Okay, I searched the thread and did not find this yet. Rebelscum has posted a picture of the Star Tours figures (from the Hasbro presentation) that are going to be released. Please understand this is a spoiler alert as you will see some of the characters for the the first time in the link as opposed to on the ride itself. I have provided a description of the figures below the link:

http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2011/Hasbropresentation/image37.asp

(Set one is called the "Star Tours Ambush Pack" which has 2 Sky Troopers, Boba Fett and Darth Vader. The other set is the "Star Tours Travel Agency Pack" which includes luggage, C-3PO, the new droids and an Utai.)

TP2000

Are there any recent pictures of the construction at the DHS Star Tours site? Any news about changes to the exterior queue, the At-At, etc.?

The Disneyland version of Star Tours, closed since last July, had massive scaffolding go up this week around the building and the adjacent Star Trader gift shop. The Star Trader just closed for a three month rehab, and it is slated to re-open in May, sometime before the ride re-opens.

1190587682_od65F-M.jpg
1190596822_6PzBV-M.jpg

So what's the latest from DHS? I can't seem to find any news, or even pictures of construction or exterior work at DHS. :confused:

T-1MILLION

Are there any recent pictures of the construction

So what's the latest from DHS? I can't seem to find any news, or even pictures of construction or exterior work at DHS. :confused:

From my understanding the way MGM's is configured it has made it a lot easier to work on. Although we are not seeing things on the outside entrance or much work in the store yet, we have an entire side in FL that faces backstage areas. DL's is more surrounded by the rest of the park.

TP2000

Although we are not seeing things on the outside entrance or much work in the store yet, we have an entire side in FL that faces backstage areas. DL's is more surrounded by the rest of the park.

Well, Disneyland's Star Tours also has half the building that sits backstage against large surface parking lots, as shown in this aerial image of backstage Tomorrowland where Star Tours is the large white building to the upper-left of Space Mountain. The surface lot to the immediate left of Space Mountain is backstage, butting up against the backside of Star Tours where there are giant doors that allow the Starspeeders to be removed and inserted into the building.

1677284823_efcebead30_z.jpg

I just would have thought that they would be working on the exterior of the DHS version by now. At the very least a paintjob and spit and polish of the queue. Maybe some new eye candy on the facade, or little extras in the queue?

This attraction opens in 90 days for Star Wars Weekends, so it's really heading in to the home stretch if they are going to change anything in the exterior queue or facade. Or even the gift shop. :confused:

T-1MILLION

Well, Disneyland's Star Tours also has half the building that sits backstage against large surface parking lots, as shown in this aerial image of backstage Tomorrowland where Star Tours is the large white building to the upper-left of Space Mountain. The surface lot to the immediate left of Space Mountain is backstage, butting up against the backside of Star Tours where there are giant doors that allow the Starspeeders to be removed and inserted into the building.

1677284823_efcebead30_z.jpg

I just would have thought that they would be working on the exterior of the DHS version by now. At the very least a paintjob and spit and polish of the queue. Maybe some new eye candy on the facade, or little extras in the queue?

This attraction opens in 90 days for Star Wars Weekends, so it's really heading in to the home stretch if they are going to change anything in the exterior queue or facade. Or even the gift shop. :confused:

Fair points. I would just go with don't expect too much to be changed. There is a lot more on the outside of WDW's that keeps the Star Wars fans happy.

Also, it is more like 80 days..and you know we will likely be seeing it open before Star Wars weekends for soft openings and previews.

cheezbat

i didn't expect to see much changed in WDW's Star Tours exterior...but I sure hope to see SOME kind of addition or upgrade to the exterior.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom