Stanley Cup Champions in WDW?

Anyone know if they invite the Stanley Cup champs after the finals will be in Magic Kingdom?

Would like to know.. being a Blackhawks fan.. theyve got a really good shot.

Going to WDW June 10-18th.

tiaragirl

He played well with Sidney but if they would have put him with Malkin it would have been nuts...Who the hell would have taken the puck from either of them two?

If one of 'them two' you were referring to is Malkin, the answer from last night is EVERY HAB. He looked like he had no idea where is was. Someone emailed this morning to tell him they lost the 7th game of the series, I'm sure.

My mother was having a hernia. As was my g-ma. Crosby fans were not impressed.

That being said, goooo Habs. They might beat the Bruins/Flyers, but they have no chance against the Hawks. Whatever, I can support Toews if they are the victors. ;)

Upvote 0

Mikester71

The funny thing about Crosby is that everyone assumes he is such a beloved player to all of us up here in Canada, a national hero if you will, when in reality I know of more people who can not stand the cry baby. My buddy is a Habs fan who didn't mind Sidney, that is until after this series. I was trying to tell him before the series that Crosby whines to the refs after EVERY play if things don't go his way. He broke his stick across the Montreal net in game 1 or 2 when the ref ignored him (which could have been a penalty) and then threw it towards the corner (which should have been an unsportsmanlike call). He does this EVERY game! I am sure my buddy thought it was just me venting since I am Red Wings fan and they beat us last year, but I assured him it wasn't a Wings thing at all. Was funny to see all the Crosby hate on my buddy's Facebook page last night when I went to it. :ROFLOL:

And don't get this Canuck going on the whole "golden goal from the golden boy" Olympic thing either. Was barely noticeable pretty much the whole Olympic tournament, but ends up scoring the winning goal to give us the gold medal and it becomes "THE GOLDEN GOAL", bigger than the Henderson goal. Please! :brick:

Upvote 0

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
If one of 'them two' you were referring to is Malkin, the answer from last night is EVERY HAB. He looked like he had no idea where is was. Someone emailed this morning to tell him they lost the 7th game of the series, I'm sure.

My mother was having a hernia. As was my g-ma. Crosby fans were not impressed.

That being said, goooo Habs. They might beat the Bruins/Flyers, but they have no chance against the Hawks. Whatever, I can support Toews if they are the victors. ;)

Malkin has ZERO help. Both his linemates last night have been healthy scratches all throughout the playoffs. It is embarrassing to say the least. People cried when he tried to get his linemates involved and they cried when he tried doing it himself.

Its not hard to stop a 2 man team and The Habs did it to perfection. Jacques HAD to say stop 71 and 87 and DARE someone else to make a play. They did, and nobody made a play.

And for all you people who hate on Crosby and Malkin, and or Ovechkin or whomever...You would take them on your team in a HOT second. If you say no then you are only kidding yourself. I HATE Mike Richards from The Flyers but Ill take him anyday.

Upvote 0

tiaragirl

Malkin has ZERO help. Both his linemates last night have been healthy scratches all throughout the playoffs. It is embarrassing to say the least. People cried when he tried to get his linemates involved and they cried when he tried doing it himself.

Its not hard to stop a 2 man team and The Habs did it to perfection. Jacques HAD to say stop 71 and 87 and DARE someone else to make a play. They did, and nobody made a play.

And for all you people who hate on Crosby and Malkin, and or Ovechkin or whomever...You would take them on your team in a HOT second. If you say no then you are only kidding yourself. I HATE Mike Richards from The Flyers but Ill take him anyday.

I never said any of the other Pens were playing last night, either, but it seemed like Malkin was doing an exceptionally awful job on the ice. He was not looking alive. But neither were a lot of them. They did not play a good game, and thus lost. There were a couple that made a healthy effort throughout and props to them.. but it was no game 7 of a series when you look at what was put into it. You can't argue with me there.

Of course I would take Crosby/Malkin on my team. And, though I'd probably make it a requirement that Ovechkin buy himself a tooth, I'd take him too, the weasel. They're all exceptional hockey players. But they are also players who have not delivered in recent memory, which is why everyone is hatin'.

Upvote 0

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I never said any of the other Pens were playing last night, either, but it seemed like Malkin was doing an exceptionally awful job on the ice. He was not looking alive. But neither were a lot of them. They did not play a good game, and thus lost. There were a couple that made a healthy effort throughout and props to them.. but it was no game 7 of a series when you look at what was put into it. You can't argue with me there.

Of course I would take Crosby/Malkin on my team. And, though I'd probably make it a requirement that Ovechkin buy himself a tooth, I'd take him too, the weasel. They're all exceptional hockey players. But they are also players who have not delivered in recent memory, which is why everyone is hatin'.

See I thought Malkin looked a little "alive" last night and as the game wore on he kinda just turned it off. They all did. The whole series they all played so poor. The game plan didnt work and our coach didnt have a plan B.

Upvote 0
Years ago I happened to be in Magic Kingdom when the Tampa Bay Lightning were celebrating their Stanley Cup win.

But... It'd be a whole lot better to be there when The Fly Guys are celebrating theirs in a few weeks.:D

Upvote 0

tiaragirl

See I thought Malkin looked a little "alive" last night and as the game wore on he kinda just turned it off. They all did. The whole series they all played so poor. The game plan didnt work and our coach didnt have a plan B.

Staal looked alive.. and someone who's name started with 'D'? I don't know. Poor Fleury, I did feel bad for him.. but that first goal was just an awful let and his team was not helping him at all. Halak is too hot right now to be playing like they did. I'd just like to see the Habs get through the next rough, though I know they'll be destroyed by (I assume) the Blackhawks in the finals.

Of course, it might be better for Montreal if they lose, so there are no more riots, shootings, and thefts. The crazy French (sorry Québecois) need to keep it together, man.

Upvote 0

bdevil4

I've no idea about the answer to the OP's question, but just had to chime in as another long-time Blackhawks fan...and another who was glad to see Crosby and the Pens go out (apologies to the Pittsburgh fans!). I'll take Toews over Crosby any day! :)

Let's go Hawks!

Upvote 0

828tnt

I HATE Mike Richards from The Flyers but Ill take him anyday.

i always hear pens fans hating on hartnell, not much towards richards.

btw, we just got back and i admit i spent a good part of my vaca in espnzone watching hockey. the fans were great! a bunch of pens fans were there both nights (games 6 & 7). a bunch of philly fans, chicago fans, and montreal was well represented too. boston fans seemed a bit more interested in other sports...

but as far as fans go, we sat right in between pit and montreal fans for wednesday's action. the philly fans were on the other side of the bar, and i wasn't fighting the crowd. but everyone was really awesome, considering all of the passion that everyone had. not a ton of places anywhere that you can experience that.

my moment of appreciation towards pens fans came during the broadcast of lauren hart singing "god bless america" and kate smith (the original hockey diva) joined in on the video screen. my wife, who is a hockey fan, just not as much of a phanatic, asked about it. of course it was loud and i was explaining it to her somewhat loudly so she could hear, when a pens fan at the neighboring table turned and said shortly "it's pretty much one of the coolest traditions in hockey..." i enjoy how everyone usually respects the game there. met some really cool habs fans there, and had some great conversations too.

as for the crosby, malkin, ovie comments- i agree with how talented they all are. and would certainly help any team they are on. but the thing with crosby is he does whine waaaay too much. he's the most talented, or at least one of the most talented players in the game. don't beg for calls. not to compare carcillo with crosby, but i wish carcillo would stop embellishing so much. it's frustrating when there is an actual missed call, because the ref cant trust him....

anyway, gotta love the stanley cup playoffs!!!!!

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

The funny thing about Crosby is that everyone assumes he is such a beloved player to all of us up here in Canada, a national hero if you will, when in reality I know of more people who can not stand the cry baby. My buddy is a Habs fan who didn't mind Sidney, that is until after this series. I was trying to tell him before the series that Crosby whines to the refs after EVERY play if things don't go his way. He broke his stick across the Montreal net in game 1 or 2 when the ref ignored him (which could have been a penalty) and then threw it towards the corner (which should have been an unsportsmanlike call). He does this EVERY game! I am sure my buddy thought it was just me venting since I am Red Wings fan and they beat us last year, but I assured him it wasn't a Wings thing at all. Was funny to see all the Crosby hate on my buddy's Facebook page last night when I went to it. :ROFLOL:

And don't get this Canuck going on the whole "golden goal from the golden boy" Olympic thing either. Was barely noticeable pretty much the whole Olympic tournament, but ends up scoring the winning goal to give us the gold medal and it becomes "THE GOLDEN GOAL", bigger than the Henderson goal. Please! :brick:

I am so glad to hear all of this coming from someone who lives in Canada. The golden horseshoe will only stay with him for so long then he will really have to prove he what the media has made him out to be. And hopefully it just started.

Upvote 0

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Crosby does whine and yap all game long. He gets abused WAY more than any star should have to endure. That is the problem with the NHL and why nobody really likes hockey or watches it. Someone who hears about how good Crosby is turns on NBC on a Saturday afternoon to watch it and what do they see? A bunch of guys holding, hacking, and pulling him down...and that is okay?

Is that a reason for him to act the way he does? Absolutely not. It should never come to that though. The refs should make the calls. During the lockout the NHL made a rule. "No can openers". Thats when a player has his back to you and you stick your stick through his legs to get the puck or chip it free. Montreal did it all game, every game and it was not called once. They did it to Washington as well.

The NHL really needs to take a page from the NFL, and NBA and protect it's stars. ALL of them. The game is starting to get like 1994 again. Montreal, playing the way they do is HORRIBLE for the NHL in 2 ways. 1. It is just HORRIBLE hockey to watch. The NHL will NEVER gain new fans or any interest outside of people who already love hockey with them trapping, clutching and grabbing. 2. It will show less talented teams in the league that you can win like that and more teams will start playing like that AGAIN, just like when NJ did it and won...80% of the teams started playing like that in the mid to late 90's.

I'm rooting for The Hawks now. They have a young explosive team that is STUPID exciting to watch. This may be their only chance because with the cap and they way they threw money around they are going to lose a lot of players after this season. I would even root for Philly but I just can't stand Pronger, Hartnell, and Carcillo. Those 3 are all about foolishness on the nice. As for San Jose? How can you root for the team that chokes EVERY year? Its like the Buffalo Bills...it eventually just got fun watching them lose the Super Bowl every year.

Upvote 0

TTA-ATW

Made a Habs Fan's day.

I was at MK on Wednesday checking the score of the Montreal-Pittsburgh game walking through Adventureland and noticed a guy wearing a Habs Staneley Cup Champion shirt listing all the numerous cups they have won in La Belle Province has enjoyed. He was waiting in line for a Dole Whip at Aloha Isle. It was the 1st Intermission and Montreal was in the lead 2-0. I tapped him on the shoulder and showed him the score and instantly he was the Happiest person at Walt Disney World. He started speaking french and then announced to everyone in the magic kingdom, "The Greatest Comeback in the history of the World CONTINUES".

As you can tell by my Avatar I am a hawks fan and have been for my whole life. Seeing my boys do so well this season makes me so grateful after suffering through the Trent Yawney years(Announced attendance would be 5,000 and it looked like 500 in a building that holds 22,000). To watch this team develop and morph into the league powerhouse they have become has been a joy that I will never forget.

Go Hawks!

Upvote 0

Mikester71

I am so glad to hear all of this coming from someone who lives in Canada. The golden horseshoe will only stay with him for so long then he will really have to prove he what the media has made him out to be. And hopefully it just started.

Here, here! :sohappy: I like to call it the Tiger Woods syndrome (um, before Thanksgiving that is.) :lookaroun The media force feeds these individuals ad nauseam on us and force us to either love them or hate them. This was the case with Tiger when his career started to take off. I could appreciate his talent and commitment to the sport of golf, but was just SO sick and tired of seeing and hearing "Tiger this" and "Tiger that" every golf tournament. Even the weeks he took off, all they would talk about was "what would Tiger do in this situation" and "Tiger would have done this if he were here". There is a whole field of great golfers and we are subjected to only seeing what Tiger is doing on the course. They base their commercial breaks around him, not to mention their whole weekend coverage. It was massive Tiger overkill.

Which brings me to Sidney. I have no personal vendetta against the young man. Is he a great hockey player...hells yeah! Would 29 other teams welcome him on their team if given the chance...with open arms! My problem with Sid is, like Tiger, the NHL is trying to market the whole sport on his shoulders, and his shoulders alone. They live and die with Crosby as their savior, their "Golden Boy". He has been in the spotlight since his childhood and really picked up steam in his Midget days. He was gaining national attention long before his junior career and was already being dubbed "The Next One" by the time he hit junior. Again, did he ask for all this to be put on him...no. But he should have realized that with great success comes added responsibility and certain expectations. I realize that he is still a young man, but by becoming a team captain and leader, he CHOSE to accept this added responsibility and needs to realize that the fans and kids look up to him. They watch how he conducts himself, on and off the ice, on a daily basis as the media (especially the Canadian media) force him upon us on an almost daily basis during hockey season. And so far in his young career I have seen a boy/man who has ALOT of growing up to do if he wants to be compared to Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman, Sakic as being great ambassadors of the game of hockey. A good example of a young man in the NHL right now who I feel is the perfect example of what a young up and coming great leader should be is bdevil4's boy Jonathan Toews of the Chicago Blackhawks. He carries himself like a leader on and off the ice and the NHL needs to start promoting these types of players more in my opinion. :shrug:

Upvote 0

PensFan87

If you're talking about delivering in this post-season, okay. But I'd say trips to the last 2 Cup finals with one win, Malkin being leading scorer last season, and Crosby being co-winner of the Rocket Richard trophy this year all point to delivering in recent memory...they can't win every year (though I wish the Game 7 vs. the Habs effort had been there more, I'll grant you!).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom