Staggs says changes to Fantasyland...

yoyoflamingo

Nothing we didn't know already, but glad to see it's finally been announced.

This is the paragraph that gives me hope:

Staggs said:
Staggs said planners are also reviewing the Fantasyland expansion with an eye toward blending “aspirational rides” — rides that offer thrills or tension — with attractions designed for guests of all ages. And he said they want to ensure that the additions are flexible and can be updated or adapted over time.

Wait and see what unfolds is the best we can do now I guess. And hope.

jt04

Well the admission of a slight increase in the budget is a far cry from "cheap TDO is cutting again" and "phase 2's never happen" talk we were getting from the bloggers and this forum.

I still remain of the opinion that the FLE should lean heavily towards younger families and if there is money for aspirational attractions they would be better located elsewhere in the MK or any of the other 3 parks.

All in all, I agree with others that it sounds like they are improving things and that is great news.

jt04

It is nice to finally have confirmation of those rumors. I think now it is time to speculate. :sohappy:

Actually he refutes many of the rumors. Crushes them actually. It is Garcia that tries to rehabilitate Hill and Lutz claims not Staggs.

Ausdaddy

Here's the part I like:

"The revisions are not expected to substantially alter the construction timetable; most of the Fantasyland additions are still scheduled to open in 2012 and 2013. Staggs said the project’s price tag will “not materially” change with the revisions, though a slight increase is likely because of certain additions"

That can only be good in my eyes. He didn't hack it up. I hope the part about making sure rides can be updated, doesn't mean more video screens.

JustInTime

Heck yes. Plans were amazing we just need more meat. More rides. Perhaps we could get a great boy-ish ride that will replace Pixie.

Skyway

Let the tea leaf reading commence!

By mentioning "aspirational rides" do you think he's suggesting the area NEEDS a more thrilling, mature attraction? Or is he saying that FLE will be a balance to the other "aspiration" rides in the park?

Taking that one step further, by introducing this new word in the Disney theme park vocabulary, is he trying to separate a "thrill ride" (like Space Mountain) from something like a HM or POTC that is not a "thrill ride" but is also more intense than a "suitable for all ages" ride like Dumbo or IASW? Could he be hinting that something of HM's intensity is coming to FLE? Or that TLM will be that "aspirational" ride that ultimately may be too intense for small children?

Finally, by emphasizing the need for something that can be "updated" it seems that he's taking aim at Pixie Hollow which has not yet withstood the test of time like Cinderella or even BatB has. But does that mean the PH replacement will be something more generic like AK's "Camp Mickey-Minnie" that can host the Fab 5, woodland creatures, and African animals, depending on the need?

BrerFrog

Actually he refutes many of the rumors. Crushes them actually. It is Garcia that tries to rehabilitate Hill and Lutz claims not Staggs.

“We had a number of different people look at it and say, ‘Is it accomplishing what we want to from a guest experience standpoint? Is it accomplishing that in a way that is operationally great? Is it as broad as it can be in its appeal?’” he said. “The answer is, it largely did. But we thought we could continue to play with it and make it better.”

It sounds like confirmation to me. Unless you were talking about other rumors, I was thinking about the "M&Gs are not making it and BatB and VotLM are the only locks on the project".

juan

I can confirm that there are new plans and I like them much more than the previous ones. The new stuff will make everyone happy.

juan

We can always try to guess. Does anyone know a franchise that would fit well in FL and be able to be the source of inspiration for a nice thrill ride? Anyone?

I have got nothing. :lol:

who said anything about a new/different franchise?

PeoplemoverTTA

It's got a narrow following, is more boy-centered (although I'm a girl...ok, a woman, I guess (I'm 29 :eek:) but from working in a school I know it's popular with both boys and girls, so I think it's got adult appeal, cross-generational appeal, and is still phenomenally popular with tweens)...but I would LOVE to see a Kingdom Keepers attraction in FL.

I think there's absolutely flexibility as time goes on to update the ride, and it also seems to meet much of the criteria. I'm sure it won't happen, but I think it would be really darn cool :D

It's fun to speculate!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom