Staggs says changes to Fantasyland...

DisneyParksFan1

It's got a narrow following, but is more boy-centered (although I'm a girl...ok, a woman, I guess (I'm 29 :eek:) but from working in a school I know it's popular with both boys and girls, so I think it's got adult appeal, cross-generational appeal, but is still phenomenally popular with tweens)...but I would LOVE to see a Kingdom Keepers attraction in FL.

I think there's absolutely flexibility as time goes on to update the ride, and it also seems to meet much of the criteria. I'm sure it won't happen, but I think it would be really darn cool :D

It's fun to speculate!

So you know what it is?

HMF

I have to admit Tom Staggs is a pleasant surprise. When I heard that they were putting the former CFO in that role I thought "Oh no a money guy is in charge' Walt would hate this" But Tom Staggs seems to care and actually takes an interest in the Parks which is more than I can say about his predecessor

DisneyParksFan1

I have to admit Tom Staggs is a pleasant surprise. When I heard that they were putting the former CFO in that role I thought "Oh no a money guy is in charge' Walt would hate this" But Tom Staggs seems to care and actually takes an interest in the Parks which is more than I can say about his predecessor

Completely agreed.

juan

BrerFrog

I remember lots of negative comments here when he took Rasulo's position, since I didn't really know his background back then I just didn't have an opinion on the switch. Now, I am starting to love this guy.

HMF

I remember lots of negative comments here when he took Rasulo's position, since I didn't really know his background back then I just didn't have an opinion on the switch. Now, I am starting to love this guy.
Maybe Iger knew something we didn't. Rasulo is better at the CFO position though I would rather have someone like Staggs or Roy Disney as the CFO

DisneyNut2007

Finally, by emphasizing the need for something that can be "updated" it seems that he's taking aim at Pixie Hollow which has not yet withstood the test of time like Cinderella or even BatB has. But does that mean the PH replacement will be something more generic like AK's "Camp Mickey-Minnie" that can host the Fab 5, woodland creatures, and African animals, depending on the need?

Sorry, but me, Jt04 and countless very strongly disagree with you. PH HAS withstood the test of time so far and will still be built, but be scaled down a lot to maybe just having the Fairies' meet-and-greet area (possibly similar to the one at DL) and maybe that Cheese the Mouse-themed ride that was going to be installed in front of it, which can be seen in some of the expansion's scale models.

DocMcHulk

Sounds to me like Pixie Hallow is offically dead (as if we didnt know this already). Maybe the death of the Cinderella M&G too?

gmajew

Premium Member
The only thing I can think of franchise wise that is popular with Tweens boys and girls is Percy Jackson, but I have no idea who owns the rights. I also personally feel that is way to similar to Harry potter.

stitch2008

So, I've been thinking about what could be put in FLE that would be thrilling. Would Aladdin be a good fit? I mean I know the Magic Carpets are in Adventureland. But would like a coaster or some thrill ride of some sort with a magic carpet ride theme be a good fit?

Thrill

So, I've been thinking about what could be put in FLE that would be thrilling. Would Aladdin be a good fit? I mean I know the Magic Carpets are in Adventureland. But would like a coaster or some thrill ride of some sort with a magic carpet ride theme be a good fit?

Aladdin might work. The carpets in Adventureland are supposedly nothing to worry about, as rumors say that the spinner will be converted to Dumbo 2, and the carpets themselves are getting shipped off to Tokyo DisneySea.

I'm still trying to figure out what was changed. The time is only slightly extended, the budget was only increased slightly, he hinted at a thrill ride but also hinted that nothing major was being removed.

gmajew

Premium Member
Aladdin might work. The carpets in Adventureland are supposedly nothing to worry about, as rumors say that the spinner will be converted to Dumbo 2, and the carpets themselves are getting shipped off to Tokyo DisneySea.

I'm still trying to figure out what was changed. The time is only slightly extended, the budget was only increased slightly, he hinted at a thrill ride but also hinted that nothing major was being removed.

No way on aladin. I love the movies but one 90s classic becoming a ride is enough at this stage in the game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom