Staggs resigns

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Of course bUT you claim all the success is because of raw decisions. If that was the case there would be no buybacks period. Obviously there using that principle to prop up overall prices.

I didn't make any such claim. I simply asked you for a source. I have read this stuck buyback line on here a bunch lately, and was just curious where it came from. It can't be simply from our resident financial "experts" can it? I mean, there has to be more to it then that. Right?

Donaldfan1934

Disney didn't create the successful creative culture at Pixar and it was absolutely clear that whoever was the next CEO absolutely had to get Pixar back.
They didn't create the culture, but the executive meddled "Black Friday" screenings of Toy Story certaintl helped spur it into Existence. Their history was forever intertwined, which is part of the reason why Disney couldn't loose them.

lazyboy97o

You know what my thought is in reading a thread like this?

My family and I vacationed at Walt Disney World this past October and we had a wonderful time. Still thought it was a fantastic place. And we're likely going back this December.

I guess I'm a weirdo who just doesn't get it. Perhaps it's just time for me to leave a forum like this. Seems like you can't be here and taken seriously anymore if you don't hate Disney...
Having a good time on a vacation isn't relevant to understanding Staggs' role at Disney.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Seems like you can't be here and taken seriously anymore if you don't hate Disney...

I assure you, not a single person here hates Disney.

Nope everyone loves Disney so damn much it hurts. The love runs straight through to their bones and causes hate. It's a paradox. What you need to do @Tom P. is love Disney more, then you will see. The hate will flow. But it's really love.

Get it?

JustInTime

Outside of Boston, no one cares about the "shoddy" reporting regarding deflategate. Most fans view the Pats as cheaters regardless.

A source, as in, a respected financial outlet that says Dis is artificially overpriced due to stock buy backs. It's a fun narrative I guess. Dis is on the precipice of financial ruination! Head for the hills, lower the life rafts, sell sell sell!!!!

If by simple you mean over complicated garbage cakes, then I agree.
We are in agreement.

Tom P.

Having a good time on a vacation isn't relevant to understanding Staggs' role at Disney.
I'm not talking about understanding Staggs' role at Disney. I'm talking about understanding the attitudes of the people posting here. Those are not the same thing.

DocMcHulk

Several sources tell me the new CEO has already been picked:
Make Disney Great.jpg

UncleMike101

Nope everyone loves Disney so damn much it hurts. The love runs straight through to their bones and causes hate. It's a paradox. What you need to do @Tom P. is love Disney more, then you will see. The hate will flow. But it's really love.

Get it?
Disney is a microcosm of the U.S. itself.
It was once great, but it's not so great now.
It can be great again with the proper leadership.
In the meantime the people who love the place are frustrated by the bad decisions being made and are anxious to see improvement.
Their feelings about the current situation are often expressed as anger.

Note;
This is NOT made as a political statement and I'm in no way endorsing, promoting, or taking a stand for any political party, or candidate.
I'm merely noting the similarities between a nation, the U.S. in this case, and a corporation, Disney in this example. :)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Of course bUT you claim all the success is because of raw decisions. If that was the case there would be no buybacks period. Obviously there using that principle to prop up overall prices.

All public companies buy back some stock especially if they have stock based compensation plans, The eyebrows are being raised at the sheer volume of the DIS buyback program which is far in excess of any company of comparable size irrespective of market segment, Yes the concerns were raised here FIRST but the concern is starting to be picked up elsewhere especially with the turmoil within senior leadership recently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom