Staggs resigns

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
And that they released this information on a Monday means they want us to know it too. This publicity timed after all the recent price hikes feels very coordinated. The remaining question is whether Staggs is a fall guy or if real change is coming.

My vote is for fall guy or Staggs got out before the really bad news hits and he has a nice shiny new job somewhere. The next earnings call will tell the tale.

doctornick

ESPN has lost credibility with many viewers due to botched coverage of three major NFL stories: Ray Rice, Concussions and Deflategate. In each of those stories they showed a blind allegiance to the NFL. That cannot be dismissed.

People, by and large, don't watch ESPN for investigative journalism or reporting in general. As long as ESPN features live sports people want to see, they will get viewers. Do you think that folks will just not watch the college football championship or the NBA playoffs because ESPN does shoddy reporting?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Why the hate for Iger?

Very happy with how Iger has steered the ship, and would be eager to see him extend beyond 2018.
What exactly are you happy with? More cupcakes? Magic Bands? NGE? Stagnant parks, empty buildings, crumbling and outdated atractions? 15 new up charge events? Higher prices with cut backs? Construction that takes so long that my 16 year old nephew and I will be able to enjoy beers together at HS before its complete?

How did you feel about the parks and resorts before Iger took over?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
People, by and large, don't watch ESPN for investigative journalism or reporting in general. As long as ESPN features live sports people want to see, they will get viewers. Do you think that folks will just not watch the college football championship or the NBA playoffs because ESPN does shoddy reporting?

The point being only 20% or so of the current viewership is willing to PAY for ESPN content and even then they are willing to pay only 8 bucks AT MOST where estimates show that ESPN would need to charge at least 20 bucks to remain revenue neutral. Based on this I can see the college finals moving to a PPV model like boxing and wrestling currently do.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm with you! Walt Disney World has never been better! I'm very excited for my upcoming family vacation. Our week at the Poly is only going to be $9,000! Really excited about all the changes coming to DHS too! Hopefully they'll be done by 2021. We'll come back every year between now and then anyway though! Just love it so much, the magic, ya know? There's nothing else like it! Sigh. So grateful Bob Iger and the wonderful execs at Disney have kept WDW in such great shape for so long. Not only is the maintenance great; I love walking through Epcot and passing all the empty buildings. I LOVE empty buildings. The kids love meeting the princesses and I love having to feverishly click through the Fastpass system at midnight 60 days before we leave to make sure we can see Elsa. So great and convenient! I'm an early riser so I don't mind getting up at 6am six months out so I can book my little snowflakes into Be Our Guest. We love the Grey stuff cupcakes! So clever! Did you know the angels on the ceiling are the Imagineers' babies? How cute is that? There are hidden Mickeys too! My oldest wanted to go to college but we decided we'd rather do WDW each year. You can't put a price on memories, unless you're a shareholder!

Scarily good - This is your best post ever @GiveMeTheMusic!

Captain Chaos

Tell me you brought the car and Jackie Chan with him?
What do you think?
1980-Lamborghini-Countach-LP400S-The-Cannon-Ball-Run.jpg

d80bcd70d1551c288d3b6d5a14e579ca.jpg

Luigi

What exactly are you happy with? More cupcakes? Magic Bands? NGE? Stagnant parks, empty buildings, crumbling and outdated atractions? 15 new up charge events? Higher prices with cut backs? Construction that takes so long that my 16 year old nephew and I will be able to enjoy beers together at HS before its complete?

How did you feel about the parks and resorts before Iger took over?
I am not defending Iger, but there is more than the Parks in running the entire Disney Company.

But I agree he has neglected the parks.

Mirror image to Eisner, who alienated the movie division but focused on the parks.

We need a CEO/Chairman who can manage both.

jt04

The point being only 20% or so of the current viewership is willing to PAY for ESPN content and even then they are willing to pay only 8 bucks AT MOST where estimates show that ESPN would need to charge at least 20 bucks to remain revenue neutral. Based on this I can see the college finals moving to a PPV model like boxing and wrestling currently do.

Zero chance of this happening. And did I mention this is impossible? Oh, and this will never happen. BTW, not a snowballs chance.

CJR

I'm actually a more rare one that liked Staggs, but it's because I've actually met him and he was very nice.

It's probably good that he won't be the next CEO. I've said this to a few people, but I think the next Disney CEO is being set up for failure by Iger. If Staggs is smart, he should know that and that would be enough for him to turn down the opportunity. Just my opinion here, but you can't run a business the way Iger has and have long term success. Iger has been all about short term gains and that'll catch up to Disney, but probably after Iger's gone. I'd love for it implode under his watch though, that would make it all the better to witness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom