SSE Ride entrance signs have been removed

Figment82

Original Poster
As I was taking my usual SSE photos today, I happened to notice that SSE's signs that flank the entrance into the ride have been removed. This surprised me, considering they just repainted that section with the retro blue designs, and updated the sign to read "Siemens."
I took a photo, but the sun was not in my favor so unfortunately it's hard to make out:
1272328902_41e862bfd4.jpg

In other news, looks like some of the star supports have started to disappear.

Epcot82Guy

well, that's interesting. I'm surprised after putting some money into it, but I'm hoping the replacements are even nicer.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
They filed a permit recently for SSE's marquee package. I had wondered if that meant they would re-do those signs - apparently they will.

Those signs didn't really fit with the whole look and feel of the post-show, and i think anything that doesn't match that general look is going to be removed. Also, we've yet to see the main signage featuring the swirly-hurricane SSE icon.

SDav10495

Goodbye, World Bold (aka Prototype)... :(

I agree though, it makes more sense for them to replace it with signage that meshes better with the new SSE. Here's hoping it still looks classy.

SirNim

Goodbye, World Bold (aka Prototype)... :(
Don't fret...I am confident that when the next round of pavilion replacements and refurbishments starts in five to ten years or so, everything old will be new again, and in true cyclical fashion, World Bold will make a triumphant return to the totality of Future World signage!

Oh, by the way, I'd bid for the old SSE entrance signs on eBay. Put 'em up, put 'em up, let's have at them!

RHeath2

Thanks for the update Figment. Just wondering the next time you go into the parks if you can either take a picture or just tell me if the large mural near the entrance is still up (the one of the caveman and astronaut). I'm wary that one of my favorite pieces of painted art in the whole resort might go away with the new signage. If you could please check this every so often with one of your updates, I'd be extremely grateful. Thank you.

Figment82

Original Poster
Thanks for the update Figment. Just wondering the next time you go into the parks if you can either take a picture or just tell me if the large mural near the entrance is still up (the one of the caveman and astronaut). I'm wary that one of my favorite pieces of painted art in the whole resort might go away with the new signage. If you could please check this every so often with one of your updates, I'd be extremely grateful. Thank you.

I, too, am a huge fan of that particular piece of art and have been watching it very closely. It is still there, safe and sound. I will continue to keep an eye on it - because, like you, I would be crushed if it disappeared (a la the amazing Horizons mural "The Prologue and the Promise").

ROEFan88

I had a strong feeling before that they would change the signs - I just couldn't see them leaving the entrance area as it was after spending so much time and effort refurbishing the ride.

Adding 'Siemens' to the old signs always seemed like a temporary solution to me.

Here's hoping for painting over the swirly blue background (not particularly keen on that...), and a set of stunning new signs for the entrance, mirror column and (especially) entrance fountain! If all you people were surprised at this move then ANYTHING can happen now!!!:D

Chux

It's possible it could come back after a painting, or simply moved to a new location (including the Siemens VIP lounge).

Speaking of. I work for a Credit Union, and I had a Siemens Sr Engineer in my office, asked him if he had heard anything about SSE, he said no, but he knew of the Siemens lounge. He said he was going to look into seeing if he could get me in there since I'm going in Oct/Nov. (I'm fully aware that nothing could come of this, but it's nice to think I could see it)

Pardon the stupid question, as I am new here but does anyone know when SSE will be reopening? I've tried to find similar threads but failed. I'm going in Nov and was hoping it might by some chance open by then...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom