SSE Progress

cbdavid

Original Poster
I am flying out Friday for a week in the World. Any chance the crane and wand will be gone by Saturday 8/18?

maui2k7

I am flying out Friday for a week in the World. Any chance the crane and wand will be gone by Saturday 8/18?

Doubtful since there is still a standing section of the former Wand Structure and the stars have not begun to be removed. I would imagine the crane will be up until mid-late September.

hardcard

actually.. Recent reports have stated that the wand removal was weeks ahead of schedule..

now, while I can't guarantee that the crane will be totally gone at that point, the wand structure more than likely will be... I would expect that the 'star removal' will likely take place in 1 or 2 nights, at most...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
According to another forum member that claims to work for the crane company, the scheduled removal of the crane would be around mid August so providing that he/she is correct it is a possibility.

ToTBellHop

nah...they have lots of repairs to make to SSE once the stars are removed. The crane will easily be there through the end of the month. Personally, given what they did last week, I would not expect the entire Icon structure to be gone by the end of this week. Disney said things are ahead of schedule, they did not specify how much ahead, and that number is certainly not 6 weeks. Things will probably be all cleaned up in another month or so. The hurricane season (or lack thereof, thus far) is certainly helping. I don't really see how they can remove the stars without the crane.

beachclubbasics

I just left WDW last Wednesday. All that is left of the wand structure is the bottom part (about half of ) the curved support structure for the wand, and the stars. I do think that the crane will probably be there for another month, but it really is quite unobtrusive....you really don't notice it during the day.

RiversideBunny

Think of it this way.
You will get to see the last of the wand removal.
You will be part of history.

Ask not for whom the crane remains....

:king:

According to another forum member that claims to work for the crane company, the scheduled removal of the crane would be around mid August so providing that he/she is correct it is a possibility.

That would be me (for the 100th time...I am a HE;)), and yes, the crane is still on schedule to be removed from the site at the end of next week. As of today, I have not heard if there will be an extension for this unit or any word for another unit beyond August 27.

As of this moment, that crane will be off property sometime during the last week of August. I’ll report if I hear of any changes.

dismedic

That would be me (for the 100th time...I am a HE;)), and yes, the crane is still on schedule to be removed from the site at the end of next week. As of today, I have not heard if there will be an extension for this unit or any word for another unit beyond August 27.

As of this moment, that crane will be off property sometime during the last week of August. I’ll report if I hear of any changes.
Geez didn't you know that almost everyone on here is an expert :hammer:eek:n what should and should not be going on when it comes down to Disney just because you work for the company that owns the crane does not mean anything . My gosh how ridiculous of you to think you might know what is going on. The others know not you ! :veryconfu

What ever happened to this forum being one to exchange ideas and thoughts with some in the know letting us in on the secrets of Disney it has become nothing but a I know and you don"t and your wrong just for instance the member for short Roydisney or what ever the name is this persons postings for the most part have been dead on well before anything else but yet he or she has been slammed by others who have no clue! Wow over the years this board has taken a turn for the worse in some instances. When will some realize you do not know everything and sometimes your beliefs are not those of everyone ! Even this posting some may say ahh he is full of it .

Unplugged

Geez didn't you know that almost everyone on here is an expert :hammer:eek:n what should and should not be going on when it comes down to Disney just because you work for the company that owns the crane does not mean anything . My gosh how ridiculous of you to think you might know what is going on. The others know not you ! :veryconfu

The truth to this makes me go through all emotional stages I can "click" on:
:ROFLOL: :lol: :lookaroun :veryconfu :hurl:

I'll stick with... :ROFLOL:

hardcard

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

For what it's worth, the work crew was busy with CLEARING the base of the wand the past few days (before the weekend).. They can only take so much down before they have to move it out of the way, they are working in a confined space, when relative to the job they are doing..

I would expect more 'visible' results this week, with the removal of the last portions of the tower, etc..

as far as who knows what... Get over it..:king:

Well, when the VP of the company visited our branch and in our conversation concerning work with Disney, both past and present, he mentioned to me that the unit working SSE would be concluding its use at the end of next week. Our company runs on an internal network, it takes 2 seconds for me to log in and view the Orlando Branch rental report, fully detailing each and every unit’s on and off rent dates.

UNPLUGGED and you are a true examples of the rude and flat-out unwelcoming atmosphere that now clogs this board. I am sharing genuine information. There is nothing for me to gain from this whatsoever. I work for the company and I can easily check up on details concerning the rentals. I can't understand why people like you find this unbelievable.

Have a nice day fellow Disney fan. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom