SSE Progress

RayLaVeau

Hola, I am new to these threads but not new to WDW...been lurking for awhile...:)
Anyway I am going to be there on 10/01 this year and was wondering if anyone might know if maybe...just maybe they might be having a preview of SSE? I can only hope, I am bringing my mother who has never been to WDW ( I have) and was quite P'o'd when I saw that SSE was going to be close...I am happy that the wand is gone ( thank god!) but really, I can wish for something amazing to happen that day as Epcot is where I would like to spend my retirement days, if I can get my wife to move there, been in love with the parks since I was a child and now I am finally taking my mom to the place where her and I have always wanted to go along side my two children, I'm getting off topic a little I know But she is as giddy as a schoolgirl right now and she is in her 50's!!
So for my favorite ride to be dismanteled is a little much for me, I couldn't wait for her to see it, but I know it is for the better I was at the 2000 wand opening and now this WOW...I am lucky!

I look forward to making more dates at WDW and Epcot with my mom very soon ( we are already planning next years trip!!)

Peace
Thanks for letting me rant on...
I have plenty more to say but I will save it for latter posts

JWG

I don't think a soft opening or preview will happen 45 days ahead of the scheduled open. Sorry. I hear you as we were just there 3 weeks ago and really missed SSE.

To those discussing LaL. I think they will change/move in some way. Since they're not selling them and the space they're on is made for numerous more tiles something will change. To leave them where they are, or at least in their current format, long-term seems contrary to most Disney visions for these types of things. They would look dopey with all the remainint space in 5 years.

Teenchy

1118263052_8a6d98d774.jpg
What a beautiful sight! Thanks for the update cant wait for more.

Beauty_Belle

These were the rumors at work today. Don't crucify me for sharing the rumors with the thread. You can believe what you want to believe.The arm is oh most down so now the legacy tablets must go. The story is that Siemens wanted the arm down and the gravestones out of the front of SSE before they would sign on to be sponsor. So far they've gotten the arm down. I wonder if the tablets will now be moved? Yes, they will be placed somewhere where guests can see them but just not at the front entrance as Siemens thinks they take away from the beauty of SSE. We were all making guesses where they might put them if this rumor is correct. I think Siemens is wielding a lot of power at Epcot. Another tidbit - they were putting in new carpet at Wonders so we can't use the front doors - have to walk around back. They say it is really going to be nice for the wine seminars, etc.

I must say, I agree with Siemens in moving the LaL stones else where. It's nice to see they saw the orignal beauty of SSE as well and want to preserve it for the future. Oh happy days!! :sohappy:

aeromike

Whats gets me is why didn't they start work earlier? because the monument of Epcot, on its 25th birthday, is going to be closed until Novembr 1st, the dates keep changing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom