SSE Paperboy

muteki

Somewhat related, but when we were just there I noticed the boats in the "Phoenicians" scene didn't move. Didn't they used to move up/down slightly with the waves?

ntoeman

I asked an animatronics tech there about this before and he said he didn't know. Just as mentioned earlier, he said it was just a random change by the Imagineers during the big rehab.

wolf359

Somewhat related, but when we were just there I noticed the boats in the "Phoenicians" scene didn't move. Didn't they used to move up/down slightly with the waves?

When I rode it in 2008 the boats moved significantly, almost distractingly so. On my last trip in June I recall little to no movement.

Maybe they need to add some fans and strobe lights if they cannot get the boats moving again... :ROFLOL:

TinkRBell427

I hope they turn the paperboy around in the future. I also think he's a little bit creepy now.
Before they added the backdrop though, he looked like he was in timeout.:lol:

jmmc

I remember that some found the original, high-pitched squeaky voice of the paperboy annoying, and made fun of it. I know my family used to mimic it. I assume someone noticed this, or some exec or imagineer found it annoying, and "fixed" it win '94.

I-4Warrior

I remember that some found the original, high-pitched squeaky voice of the paperboy annoying, and made fun of it. I know my family used to mimic it. I assume someone noticed this, or some exec or imagineer found it annoying, and "fixed" it win '94.

Eh... if the Imagineers changed things purely due to mockery, Stitch's Great Escape would've been gone in 2004.

raven

His face is still attached, no worries. I was in there for several hours this morning and checked for myself. Nearly fell through the backdrop getting to him though. :lol:

t3techcom18

Yeah, it's been acting up lately. It hasn't seen action for about 2 months or so now.

devoy1701

Boats weren't bobbing the last 2 times I rode this... mid November and also last Tuesday. Don't know what's up with that!

LucyintheSky

His face is still attached, no worries. I was in there for several hours this morning and checked for myself. Nearly fell through the backdrop getting to him though. :lol:

Thanks for looking! That's certainly good to know. :ROFLOL: I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself, though!

t3techcom18

I have to ask...what was the good reason?

When they went into rehab and looked in that area, turns out the fog that was there had actually rotted the floor underneath the boats. They had to redo the entire flooring underneath the boat. To put that in again would be a nightmare.

aladdin2007

When they went into rehab and looked in that area, turns out the fog that was there had actually rotted the floor underneath the boats. They had to redo the entire flooring underneath the boat. To put that in again would be a nightmare.

They sure keep finding reasons to take away things in SSE. And or not finishing things. :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom