SSE closed until Feb 18th!

LongballMG

wasn't it confirmed a while back that an entire show scene that wasn't supposed to be removed was removed by accident?

This might explain the delay.

carlosjv

oohh nooo ill be there for new years eve, imagine the crowdss without that ride , hope its an update error :brick: besides i really like SSE

BSikor

I'm pretty sure it will be worth the wait. Although, I really want to ride it today. I just get in that mood that makes me feel like riding it so I hope in may car, ride it, grab a Kalki-Gore in Japan and go home. It's a perfect evening

rainfully

I'm pretty sure it will be worth the wait. Although, I really want to ride it today. I just get in that mood that makes me feel like riding it so I hope in may car, ride it, grab a Kalki-Gore in Japan and go home. It's a perfect evening

:ROFLOL:

I laugh becuase I do the same thing!

year45

I just looked on the Cast Hub to see if this was true and indeed it is. Looks like Tomorrows Child is coming back a little later than planned.

lnsemsf

You guys can't have it both ways. They close a ride for extended periods, people complain. They do a half
donkey.jpg
'd job, people compain. Why doesnt everybody just realise that the reason it's shut longer is because they NEED to keep it closed because they want to present the quality that YOU all demand. If they could just throw some plywood sets together and open it up would you be happy? Just be thankful they're putting time and money in to this. Sit down, be quiet, and be happy.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
You guys can't have it both ways. They close a ride for extended periods, people complain. They do a half
donkey.jpg
'd job, people compain. Why doesnt everybody just realise that the reason it's shut longer is because they NEED to keep it closed because they want to present the quality that YOU all demand. If they could just throw some plywood sets together and open it up would you be happy? Just be thankful they're putting time and money in to this. Sit down, be quiet, and be happy.

It'd be one thing if this was planned to be this long from the start.

As it stands, we're looking at "something went horribly wrong" and we are well within our rights to look for someone to blame for whatever mistake it was.

lnsemsf

It'd be one thing if this was planned to be this long from the start.

As it stands, we're looking at "something went horribly wrong" and we are well within our rights to look for someone to blame for whatever mistake it was.

Do you know something went horribly wrong? I deal with fixing computers all the time, people ask me "how long is this going to take" and I'll guess 2 hours, well problems arise while I'm doing it and it'll take 4 hours. It's not my fault. I did my best to estimate how long something takes and i try not to overshoot. The same thing happens any time I have work done here on the house. It took us nearly 6 months to remodel our kitchen that was supposed to take a few weeks. This just happen sometimes, it doesnt mean something went terribly wrong, it doesnt mean that there is a horrible horrible mistake, it just means that sometimes you estimate wrong in how long you expect something to take. At least they're not going to cancel some of the upgrades to get it in on time. They're also dealing with constructing things inside the geosphere which is probably pretty cramped, and not too easy from a constuction standpoint. I still think people should be glad they are putting in extra time, and not complain. It's no fun when rides are closed for your visit, but it's just 1. I went to Disneyland in 2003 and Space, Splash, and Big Thunder were closed(and there was no Tower, no Buzz, and no Monsters either). I still had a great time. Just be thankful that they're putting time in to quality, and not just giving in to time constraints.

The Mak

This is traveling into the realm of the absurd.

The NFL will play out the entire '07 season (including pre-season, playoffs, and Super Bowl) before SSE is supposed to reopen.

Either the refurbishment was too ambitious (considering the time allotted), or there was a major blunder during the refurbishment. This can only mean less money for projects around Epcot unless Siemens kicked (yet) some more money towards SSE. In the end, I hope SSE will benefit from the delay.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Do you know something went horribly wrong? I deal with fixing computers all the time, people ask me "how long is this going to take" and I'll guess 2 hours, well problems arise while I'm doing it and it'll take 4 hours. It's not my fault. I did my best to estimate how long something takes and i try not to overshoot. The same thing happens any time I have work done here on the house. It took us nearly 6 months to remodel our kitchen that was supposed to take a few weeks. This just happen sometimes, it doesnt mean something went terribly wrong, it doesnt mean that there is a horrible horrible mistake, it just means that sometimes you estimate wrong in how long you expect something to take. At least they're not going to cancel some of the upgrades to get it in on time. They're also dealing with constructing things inside the geosphere which is probably pretty cramped, and not too easy from a constuction standpoint. I still think people should be glad they are putting in extra time, and not complain. It's no fun when rides are closed for your visit, but it's just 1. I went to Disneyland in 2003 and Space, Splash, and Big Thunder were closed(and there was no Tower, no Buzz, and no Monsters either). I still had a great time. Just be thankful that they're putting time in to quality, and not just giving in to time constraints.

But that's just it, you're not a construction expert, so asking you to guess the right timeframe would be asking more then could be reasonably asked of you.

Someone who is paid to do the job should know it. If structural problems arose - they should have investigated the structure before they began. If its fabrication problems, who made the mistake? Fabrication is not a guess-work job.

It's that sort of problem. Someone made a mistake, that building was not handed to them by someone else and they had to estimate. They had all the time in the world to investigate, plan, and make sure things would arrive on time.

Also, the schedule included padding for delays - they always do. How do you exceed your paded delay by 3 months on a 5 months project? That means 3/4 of the work you've done so far is null or incorrect.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Think of it this way...

There is something inside that building that will take 4 months from today to complete.

It was either an 8 month project that someone neglected to account for, or something that should have been started at the begining of the work process that was left until it was too late.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Yikes! See what happens when I take a day to catch up on my tivo'd stuff!

Well, something bad musta happened, I sure hope we get the scoop eventually. Until then I guess we wait as patiently as humanly possible?

Hey wait... did Monty have something to do with this????
Oh no, I just checked his vacation dates and he's going to miss it by 8 days unless he pushes back his trip.... guess we can't blame Monty :lol:

I really really want to know what happened here though, that's an extremely long delay!
Oh sure! Blame the Canuck! :fork:

Actually, they read my memo wrong! It said open on the 10th with soft openings on 8/9 Feb just for me.... :lookaroun

Somebody needs their glasses prescription checked! :lol:

:cry:

This royally sucks.
Will you be finished CP then? Bummer X2! Not only will you miss opening, you'll miss me! :(

Again! :mad:

Craig & Lisa

Everyone seems to be thinking that it's a scene problem. But no one has considered that they may have found a problem with the ride itself? Cracks with the rails? Or the cars? Or the audio in the cars? There is sooooo much of the unknown that can rear it's ugly head, this delay has a reason whether or not it's a good one is, well, who knows. All I know there is a legitimate reason for it and whether we like it or not it's going to happen. And the end result as we all know will be worth it. :animwink:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Either the refurbishment was too ambitious (considering the time allotted), or there was a major blunder during the refurbishment. This can only mean less money for projects around Epcot unless Siemens kicked (yet) some more money towards SSE. In the end, I hope SSE will benefit from the delay.

OR they realized how many die-hard EPCOT fans there are out there and decided to do a lot more improvements to the ride.

Also, WDI has gone through several changes just in the past few weeks, I wouldn't be at all surprised if some plans were changed for the ride recently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom