Spring Discount offer

DisneyJill

I'm kind of irritated. I got an email this morning alerting me to the discount. I immediately emailed our AAA agent. We are traveling with friends arriving June 5th. They need a package and depart June 18th. We need room only and depart June 21st. They got a discount and we can't. They have to move from Nemo to Cars or Lion King at AoA but we can't get discount no matter what which suite section we are in. I'm baffled.

If you want to email me your trip details, I would be happy to look into it for you. The systems were down throughout the day so it's possible your AAA agent just got a wonky response. jill@kingdomkonsultant.com if you would like a second opinion.

Philharmagically

Is POFQ one of the resorts offering a discount? If sp, how would I go about modifying my booking? Calling isn't really an option given that I'm in Australia...

Mikester71

Weird. I had a package all set to be booked for our trip at the end of April with the new Spring Discount applied around midnight here and went to talk to my wife about it quickly and when I came back to the computer, it now won't let me book it with the Spring Room Discount. It will let me book it with no discount offer applied, but I really liked the price the discount was giving me on our package!

Anyone else experience this here tonight? REALLY hoping it didn't somehow fill up or become unavailable all in the matter of a few minutes. Here's hoping it is just scheduled maintenance on the site or that they are just updating the new offer into the system. :arghh:

menkupalme

This is the discount I've been taking advantage of for the past couple of years.
12ce13.jpg

SoupBone

It's coming in 2 waves.
First set of dates
Booking window 12/29 - 2/16
Travel window 3/2 - 4/5 and 4/6 - 6/15
Values for first set of dates save 15%, second set saves 20%
Moderates save 20% on first set, 25% on second set
Deluxes and Villas save 30% on the first set and 35% on second.

Second offer dates
Booking window 2/17 - 3/28
This has 2 segments also
Travel dates match those from first wave above
Value discount on first set 10%, second set is 15%
Moderates are 15 and then 20
Deluxes and villas are 25 and then 30

Package with ticket upgrade offer
When purchasing a package there is a minimum 4 day ticket required for purchase in order to receive 1 day free.

There are no blackout dates specifically for the holidays that I can tell but as always all offers are limited.

Campsites, 3 bedroom villas and mermaid rooms are excluded. There may be other limitations depending on resort availability.

Marie

I'm forgetting this answer and I'm sure it's a common question, but if I book far in advance and discounts are offered several months down the line, will Disney retroactively apply them to my booking?

Mikester71

I'm forgetting this answer and I'm sure it's a common question, but if I book far in advance and discounts are offered several months down the line, will Disney retroactively apply them to my booking?

They will, but I can't remember if you have to call and have them do it for you.

I know we booked all of our trips a year or so in advance through CAA up here in Canada and then when a better deal came out, we just called our agent and had her switch it to the better offer for us. If we were still paying on the trip, she would just get back to us with the new balance. One time, we had the whole trip paid off already, so Disney just reimbursed us the difference.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Is POFQ one of the resorts offering a discount? If sp, how would I go about modifying my booking? Calling isn't really an option given that I'm in Australia...
Unfortunately you would have to call to have your trip modified, assuming availability is there for your resort/ room type/ and dates. From what I have seen POFQ is included in the discount, but I haven't been able to see it as an option for any of the date ranges I have tried as of yet. The only official exclusions as per the offer details are as follows: Offer excludes campsites, 3-bedroom villas and is not valid at Disney's Art of Animation Resort-The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms. However given the small size of FQ and it's popularity, there may not have been a lot of rooms, if any included in the discount on the dates I was looking at. In the future, consider booking through KK as we do have many international clients and would have called in for you to apply the discounted offer, if it was available. Marie

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Marie, Based on what I can see and what Pam told me, the discount has not been extended (yet anyway) to any of the two bedroom Villas at WL. Maybe that will happen during the second offer dates?
All of the discounts are out but the availability at each given property will change based on how booked up they are to start. WL is a great resort and the Villas are lovely so I am sure they book up pretty quickly between the DVC owners and anyone who has booked them otherwise. If the room type you are looking at books up without a discount, they are usually NOT included in the discount. Can you be a little more flexible and look at a 2 bedroom villa at a location that has many more of this room type, such as Old Key West or Saratoga Springs? The chances of those locations being included in the discount is far better, just as there are more of that type of room at the resort. You can certainly keep checking to see if they are added in later but the different booking dates arent really a factor here, it is the demand of the resort. If you have less rooms booked at a particular location or of a particular type, those are the rooms that will be put into the discount. If a room type is selling well, or is sold out, there is no need to add those types into the discount. The best way to utilize discounts is to be a bit flexible on your dates, resorts or both, if you can. Good luck!!! Marie

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Disney will not automatically apply it and will only do so on a request. Kingdom Konsultants will do this without asking though and as we get notified of these offers we are usually among the first to get through and get you the best chance of switching over your reservation to the discounted offer, assuming availability. Our services are free to our clients and we do get the same pricing as Disney themselves would offer you so there is no additional charge to you for using our services. Marie

Incomudro

Had you thought about maybe looking at Yacht Club? Slightly different flavor but still a great resort and a great location. I'd certainly consider it, it is one of my favorites!!! Marie

I thought that I saw Yacht Club as unavailable for the dates I'm looking for as well.
I'll have to check again, Thank You.
You just can't beat that location for access to Hollywood Studios and Epcot, and I'm spoiled by the Stormalong Bay!

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I thought that I saw Yacht Club as unavailable for the dates I'm looking for as well.
I'll have to check again, Thank You.
You just can't beat that location for access to Hollywood Studios and Epcot, and I'm spoiled by the Stormalong Bay!
Are your dates at all flexible? Look a day up and a day back, that sometimes makes a difference as well. Marie

wsmith1978

We booked our honeymoon trip through Disney a couple months ago for early May and were told to call back when the deals were announced for this time frame, so we did today, only to be told there was nothing they could do to adjust it because the # of rooms are limited. I don't understand that... It's not like we're booking a new room and they're sold out, we already booked the room. Maybe I'm just dense. It's disappointing. We have never had to pay full price for a trip before, there was also some sort of deal we could take advantage of.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Ah the old WDW bait-n-switch machine is fully spooled up, Offering a discount which is not generally available for most people, but full price is available.

Not my definition of a 'Discount'.

dstrawn9889

We booked our honeymoon trip through Disney a couple months ago for early May and were told to call back when the deals were announced for this time frame, so we did today, only to be told there was nothing they could do to adjust it because the # of rooms are limited. I don't understand that... It's not like we're booking a new room and they're sold out, we already booked the room. Maybe I'm just dense. It's disappointing. We have never had to pay full price for a trip before, there was also some sort of deal we could take advantage of.
it is not that you have a room already, WDW pulls a 'block' of rooms(basically they look at capacity and say <random number>--15% of the rooms at resort x is available with this discount. then when they sell those rooms out the discount is closed for x resort).

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

It's because the so called 'Discount' is bait-n-switch advertising, Disney advertises discounts on rooms for a given period - but they are 'limited' just enough rooms so it's legal,

Its very deceptive and downright slimy just imagine if an Airline pulled this stunt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom