News Spring Break and Easter 2021 crowd watch

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is the first time ever we have not added water parks to our tickets (we did do PH) šŸ˜• We figured we probably would be ok with Stormalong Bay to keep us entertained but I wish we had the option of BB as a backup!

Weā€™re at boardwalk...pscyho Mickey pool.

I didnā€™t add water parks to my one and only Normal tickets...iā€™m Waiting to see the weather and will purchase the DVC one days if we go that route.

KBLovedDisney

KBLovedDisney

No Way Abandon Thread GIF

ppete1975

I dont think massively different to what we have seen on other peak days. The benefit of Park Pass is that it never really gets worse than on another day that sells out.

Lots of this

and

Ick. I know camera angles can make things look more crowded and that social distancing has made the lines flow more into the walkways and make it look even more busy... but this looks like pre covid 100 percent capacity.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ick. I know camera angles can make things look more crowded and that social distancing has made the lines flow more into the walkways and make it look even more busy... but this looks like pre covid 100 percent capacity.
It is busy, but not pre COVID capacity busy.

Without entertainment, everyone is either inside a ride, at a restaurant, or standing in the walkway getting around or queueing for a ride. It does give the appearance of a higher attendance than there actually would normally be for a similar look.

KBLovedDisney

Just remember that there is still plenty of things not open that would normally be eating up these people. With less to do means more people in walkways and queue lines.
I somewhat agree, but also remember how the parks were closed last year and no one was able to get their Disney fix. These people attending want their Disney fix now (I understand, I miss it sooooo much) and regardless of people eaters, it's going to be crazy.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Itā€™s a numbers game...if they are sticking to their limits, then the ā€œcrowdsā€ are relative.

People seem to be having a hard time processing

They are relative. But 80-90 minute waits at DHS and 60-90 minute waits at many MK and AK rides isnā€™t. My wife was there in mid-January when the parks werenā€™t ā€œat capacityā€ and they still had those levels of waits and the parks felt very crowded. Last month waits were half that. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøExpecting the worst seems to be a better bet than thinking weā€™ll see 30-45 minute waits around the parks.

ParentsOf4

I dont think massively different to what we have seen on other peak days. The benefit of Park Pass is that it never really gets worse than on another day that sells out.

Lots of this

and

We have been to WDW during Spring Break week for the last several years. The week that local schools are out is about as crowded as I've ever seen. It's the only time I see a line wrapping around for Swiss Family Treehouse, extending a ways down the walking path.

March 2019:
20190322_133532.jpg

Since the reopening in July 2020, we've visited in July, September, November, December, and January. We have another trip in 10 days.

Here are some sample Magic Kingdom images from our previous post-reopening trips:

July 2020:
July 2020.jpg

September 2020:
Sept 2020.jpg

November 2020:
Nov 2020.jpg

January 2021
Jan 2021.JPG

PolynesianPrincess

By not opening more attractions, shows or even restaurants, Disney is forcing people to be unable to "social distance". what is open now was all fine and dandy when capacity limit was say, 25,000. But now that its 35,000 AND parks are hitting that mark, they need to be opening more things. There is no way to socially distance with that many people and NO additional offerings.
We're going at the end of April and I am hopeful the crowds will have calmed down SOME. I know it won't be like it was when we went in the fall though.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We have been to WDW during Spring Break week for the last several years. The week that local schools are out is about as crowded as I've ever seen. It's the only time I see a line wrapping around for Swiss Family Treehouse, extending a ways down the walking path.

March 2019:
View attachment 539069

Since the reopening in July 2020, we've visited in July, September, November, December, and January. We have another trip in 10 days.

Here are some sample Magic Kingdom images from our previous post-reopening trips:

July 2020:
View attachment 539071

September 2020:
View attachment 539072

November 2020:
View attachment 539073

January 2021
View attachment 539074

It wasnā€™t advisable to travel any of those times...far less so than now

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They are relative. But 80-90 minute waits at DHS and 60-90 minute waits at many MK and AK rides isnā€™t. My wife was there in mid-January when the parks werenā€™t ā€œat capacityā€ and they still had those levels of waits and the parks felt very crowded. Last month waits were half that. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøExpecting the worst seems to be a better bet than thinking weā€™ll see 30-45 minute waits around the parks.

Fast pass and dining reservations are crowd management systems...they were implemented to direct the crowds to areas at different times of the day.

And Iger never expanded/invested to increase capacity...so turning those systems down or off were gonna stretch lines no matter what.

But the alternative is lines that at least move. ā€œStand byā€ lines didnā€™t move an inch for 5 years prior.

Everyone knows the deal here...they just donā€™t want to seem to accept the changes.

Or let me put it this way: what would you like for them to do to bring your 2019 magic kingdom on September 12th day back?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom