News Spring Break and Easter 2021 crowd watch

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ll be visiting from 4/11-4/17 and I keep looking all those sold out dates right before I go. I’m hoping the spring break crowds are gone by the time I visit. Seeing all those green days for now gives me hope.

That week is off the vacation grid. The majority of the country that gets a week off are done on 4/10

Weird how there is no availability midweek, looks like WDW needs to extend park hours midweek and open more spots. It’s also a sign vacationers are returning, locals go mainly on weekends.

But people are going...so why bother?

Touchdown

That week is off the vacation grid. The majority of the country that gets a week off are done on 4/10

But people are going...so why bother?
More capacity for vacationers means more money from the gate which equals profits. My understanding is they justify rising the capacity by increasing hours to spread out the crowd.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
More capacity for vacationers means more money from the gate which equals profits. My understanding is they justify rising the capacity by increasing hours to spread out the crowd.

The profits traditionally came from merchandise. My hunch - because I can’t see the data - is those margins have shrunk over big shot bobby’s Era...

So they push higher up front prices and “extras” that are really high profit (food stands...parade based nonsense)

So...increasing the Crowds would add to the coffers...but to the profits? Not sure as much.

They definitely want to control overhead now...more than ever. Hours equal overhead.

But I think they’ll have to kick out the hours for the next month regardless...too much attention if they stick people an large crowds end up on the nightly news.

Lilofan

Some ideas for people looking to do things outside of the parks:

Skyliner tour, great in the mid afternoon, can “fly” to resorts on the line and take a look around

visit fort wilderness for canoe or kayak rental, archery, horseback riding etc or visit the ranch to see the Main Street horses

book a fishing excursion

visit community hall at DVC resorts for a variety of craft activities like ceramic painting, make your own tervis etc

bike rentals available at old key west, Saratoga springs, fort wilderness

Soccer golf at Disney magnolia golf course, this is really fun if you haven’t tried!

walk or monorail (during off peak times) around seven seas lagoon and visit the resorts
I will pass on Fort Wilderness canoe or kayak rental. I've seen the gators in the water.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Some of us are fully vaccinated and feel safe to travel. Remember the CDC chose to “delay” their travel recs for vaccinated people this past week, I’m willing to beg the experts feel it’s safe to travel nationally if you are vaccinated.

...don’t slide down the “slippery” slope of assuming what they aren’t telling you.

Of course they’re being over-cautious. If you were in-charge of public health in a country adamant to show how they can organize to screw things up through defiance...you’d be close to the vest too.

Touchdown

...don’t slide down the “slippery” slope of assuming what they aren’t telling you.

Of course they’re being over-cautious. If you were in-charge of public health in a country adamant to show how they can organize to screw things up through defiance...you’d be close to the vest too.
I’m not, I happened to have reviewed enough scientific articles, from the EUAs to the observational stuff coming out of Israel to form my own opinion, and yes I realize most people can’t do that, but I can. Ive aired my beefs with what public healths slow walking enough on this.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not, I happened to have reviewed enough scientific articles, from the EUAs to the observational stuff coming out of Israel to form my own opinion, and yes I realize most people can’t do that, but I can. Ive aired my beefs with what public healths slow walking enough on this.
Los Estados Unidos es tonto/loco, Senor.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thunder was a walk on last night for the last 2 hours. Did Mine Train on Saturday in less than 20 minutes around 9 o'clock. It hasn't been nearly as busy as we thought, in fact the crowds at Magic Kingdom has been the lowest I've seen in months in terms of weekends.

That means they are still holding to their capacity limits...it seems.
Locals are probably avoiding parks during tourist season...as they are trained to do. It’s a numbers game...far less people - even without fastpass and full dining - is still less people. The lines are just a scary look.

What are you suggesting something is missing to keep people in the park till close, hmmm, wonder what that could be...

Good...frankly.

Last edited:

Joesixtoe

Locals are probably avoiding parks during tourist season...as they are trained to do. It’s a numbers game...far less people - even without fastpass and full dining...is still less people. The lines are just a scary look.

Good...frankly.

Locals are probably avoiding parks during tourist season...as they are trained to do. It’s a numbers game...far less people - even without fastpass and full dining - is still less people. The lines are just a scary look.

Good...frankly.
I have a feeling it's going to be more crowded today, as so far Studios is a bit busy.. and wait times on the app for Animal Kingdom seem fairly long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom