SPOILERS: Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ Series

mysto

I think this series fits perfectly into the universe of the movies. Having the same actor McGregor playing ObiWan helps tie it together for me, I wonder if they'll age him to become Guiness? I think he's doing great so far. Anyway I'm transported to the setting of the films and am just loving it, even if they just run around! The urban sets are pretty rare in all the series, seeing them fleshes out the civilization. I mean billions of people must be somewhere out there right?

Jacob Marley

What Reeva wants is an interesting subplot that I am enjoying. She's tough, strong willed and willing to sacrifice a lot to get whatever it truly is she wants.
I am enjoying the mystery surrounding her character as well.

Is she simply wanting to become Grand Inquisitor, and gain more favor from Vader and Palps, or is there more hidden to her goals? Is she secretly wanting to get close to Vader to betray him, as a revenge vendetta from her younger years during Order 66? Is she conflicted? Who knows, but I am interested where the story goes. We know what happens to Obi-Wan in the future. We know Vader's story... Luke's ... Leia's...
Reeva's is anyone's guess and it's intriguing so far. I'm not believing it stops at what they've shown us so far, and she simply wants Obi-Wan killed The End. There's more going on here. imo

Screamface

I am enjoying the mystery surrounding her character as well.

Is she simply wanting to become Grand Inquisitor, and gain more favor from Vader and Palps, or is there more hidden to her goals? Is she secretly wanting to get close to Vader to betray him, as a revenge vendetta from her younger years during Order 66? Is she conflicted? Who knows, but I am interested where the story goes. We know what happens to Obi-Wan in the future. We know Vader's story... Luke's ... Leia's...
Reeva's is anyone's guess and it's intriguing so far. I'm not believing it stops at what they've shown us so far, and she simply wants Obi-Wan killed The End. There's more going on here. imo

They've gone too far with her just been a hateful villain for any redemption plot to be satisfactorily introduced in the final two episodes. If there is one, expect it to be quickly and poorly done. They'll have to just do an exposition dump at this stage. Extended flashbacks trying to cheat why we should care. It's too late, it can now only come at the expense of any Vader / Obi-wan plot.

The show is poorly written and not thought out. It could be endlessly nitpicked for the lack of thought to the world of Star Wars or any sense of reality.

The recycling of past storylines is beyond a joke. Leia is literally going through aspects of her plot from ANH. Don't worry though, at 10 years old, she's just as tough against interrogation and torture.

The ineffectual nature of the storm troopers in this is insultingly bad.

At least they closed the loop hole of Leia being a smart character who understood they were let go to be tracked in ANH. It's not because she's a smart character, it's because it happened to her before.

Did Reva plan for this? Putting on a display to be convincing? Or just a contingency? It doesn't matter. Nothing is thought through.

Some stuff with Kenobi sneaking around the death star imperial base. Will anything become of the Jedi cemetery?

It's not so much the show is bad, it's just so god damn lazy.

I saw an article with quotes from a writer of the show who lacked basic knowledge of events in the prequels. So it seems another case of, "we went and got writers who don't know Star Wars to bring a fresh perspective." Ignoring that you need to have watched the films to write continuations.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
I wish I could say I like this show but the writing, cinematography, and overall lack of vision for this show is disheartening.

When you market the show around the return of two of the most important characters in Star Wars, it's not wrong to assume they will be the focus of the show...
qi6bg5qb5u601.jpg

If you needed a filler episode, this episode could have been mostly flashbacks, both Obi-Wan and Vader in the tanks could have triggered a Clone Wars scene. Instead of Reva saying she had stuff taken away from her to Leia, cut back to Order 66 which it appears they are setting her up to be a youngling from there anyway.

These paralleling flashbacks could have not only given fans what they came for with the Obi-Wan show setting up their next confrontation, but also softened up Reva at the same time heading into Act 3.

Instead we basically recycled the plot of episode 2, but on a different planet. It's a head scratching move to me.

Jacob Marley

They've gone too far with her just been a hateful villain for any redemption plot to be satisfactorily introduced in the final two episodes. If there is one, expect it to be quickly and poorly done. They'll have to just do an exposition dump at this stage. Extended flashbacks trying to cheat why we should care. It's too late, it can now only come at the expense of any Vader / Obi-wan plot.

The show is poorly written and not thought out. It could be endlessly nitpicked for the lack of thought to the world of Star Wars or any sense of reality.

The recycling of past storylines is beyond a joke. Leia is literally going through aspects of her plot from ANH. Don't worry though, at 10 years old, she's just as tough against interrogation and torture.

The ineffectual nature of the storm troopers in this is insultingly bad.

At least they closed the loop hole of Leia being a smart character who understood they were let go to be tracked in ANH. It's not because she's a smart character, it's because it happened to her before.

Did Reva plan for this? Putting on a display to be convincing? Or just a contingency? It doesn't matter. Nothing is thought through.

Some stuff with Kenobi sneaking around the death star imperial base. Will anything become of the Jedi cemetery?

It's not so much the show is bad, it's just so god damn lazy.

I saw an article with quotes from a writer of the show who lacked basic knowledge of events in the prequels. So it seems another case of, "we went and got writers who don't know Star Wars to bring a fresh perspective." Ignoring that you need to have watched the films to write continuations.
I didn't have time to read hardly any of that, but like I said I am really enjoying the mystery surrounding her character and where fate leads her.

LSLS

Yeah I agree with that. I thought for sure everything would be her being redeemed, but no way that can happen now.

LSLS

It's not like she killed a bunch of younglings and yet was still redeemed in the end...

I mean, she tried to torture and kill a 10 year old. If she is redeemed in like the Mandalorian timeline where she has realized how wrong it all was, fine, but I'm going to have a hard time going from torture an innocent child to savior in 2 days.

Jedijax719

Episode 4 was fine. It was suspenseful enough. Like others said, it didn't feel like it moved the story. I never figured Leia would be in the whole series. I'm wondering if they bring the fight to Alderaan.

The last 2 episodes of all of these SW and MCU series seem to be where things go crazy. So here's hoping for some craziness.

Indy_UK

I thought it was a a decent episode. I like the exportation into more imperial bases. I find it slightly odd that Vader is willing to do a lot of the running around but I guess that’s just because he wants Obi-Wan.

Hope the last 2 episodes really take off and ends well. I do NOT want any sort of redemption story here. Star Wars needs to get away from that

Jedijax719

My biggest reaction to the series is that (1) 6 episodes just isn't enough and (2) they put Vader and Obi-Wan's duel in WAY too early.

Wendy Pleakley

I'm enjoying it.

A prison break is definitely a bit of "been there, done that" but it was fine. Obi-Wan and Leia trying to sneak out in a giant trench coat is deservedly getting mocked online.

Same with the tracker. Isn't Leia going to go back to Alderaan? She's not a rebel agent, tracking her makes little sense. Maybe it's a setup for a future series where they track a slightly older Leia as she takes on a role with the Rebellion.

erasure fan1

They've gone too far with her just been a hateful villain for any redemption plot to be satisfactorily introduced in the final two episodes. If there is one, expect it to be quickly and poorly done.
That seems to be the Disney way. They have done a terrible job pacing their series, so we keep getting rushed, lackluster endings.

All in all the show is fine so far. Not bad but certainly not as good as I hoped so far.

Screamface

It's not like she killed a bunch of younglings and yet was still redeemed in the end...

Anakin shouldn't have been redeemable, except he was the chosen one to bring balance to the force.

At this stage, Reva is shown as irredeemable. For her to be redeemed to the light side will be more of Disney ueroding the story of the originals.

Which sadly is why many suspect they will do this.

When writers of the show outright reveal they are unfamiliar with events that happened in the prequels. Not even rewatching the films before writing continations. What else can we expect?

Jacob Marley

Anakin shouldn't have been redeemable, except he was the chosen one to bring balance to the force.
What about Kylo, who committed genocide, murdered his own father, yet was redeemed to the point he even won the heart of the lead character by the end (by the demands of many fans for some odd reason) ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom