SPOILERS: Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ Series

LSLS

So..... I'm assuming the grand inquisitor isn't dead, right? I don't remember seeing filoni on any of the credits, but this would eliminate Rebels, and I can't imagine he'd let that go down.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is filoni attached to this? Gotta believe he is since they went back to the drawing board and had to passively admit the original LFL story group was……as it became evident on screens.

I see Mando drops in February and they still can’t figure out how to make a Star Wars movie?

Which is why they ran Indiana Jones out on stage at celebration last night? 🙄

Robbiem

Dave Filloni gets a thanks to credit. I can’t see them contradicting rebels so I assume the grand inquisitor survives.

I’m interested in who Obi wan and Leia will meet up with. I suspect it may fulcrum/Ashoka but it could be the ghost crew (pre Ezra) Saw Guerra or maybe Rex.

Roll on next week 😀✌️

Jacob Marley

Not sure why Owen Lars is suddenly being a jerk toward Kenobi in this. Last we see the two together, Kenobi is handing he and his wife infant Luke at the end of Revenge Of The Sith. They seem like friends and very grateful for being given a son to raise. Now he's talking to Kenobi like he is scum.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not sure why Lars Owen is suddenly being a jerk toward Kenobi in this. Last we see the two together, Kenobi is handing he and his wife infant Luke at the end of Revenge Of The Sith. They seem like friends and very grateful for being given a son to raise. Now he's talking to Kenobi like he is scum.
He was a jerk ABOUT Him in 1977…

Might need to rewatch.

The undertone is that the uncle knows the inherent danger of the situation and what he was dealing with - the force.

The real one before Disney let hack directors try to rewrite it. And the prequels and EU even got a lot of that right.

Are you a big Star Wars kinda fan?

Vegas Disney Fan

Entertaining and also a bit cheesy.

A little girl outruns grown men a couple times (despite being the slowest runner ever), one of the characters appears to have escaped from Jurassic Park, and the villain is clearly a former parkour champion.

In a weird way it’s exactly what I expect from Star Wars, fun, action packed, and a little cheesy. I love it! Can’t wait for next week.

I’m glad Haja survived, he’s a fun character done by a fun actor.

LSLS

Is filoni attached to this? Gotta believe he is since they went back to the drawing board and had to passively admit the original LFL story group was…****…as it became evident on screens.

I see Mando drops in February and they still can’t figure out how to make a Star Wars movie?

Which is why they ran Indiana Jones out on stage at celebration last night? 🙄

I know there was reports he forced Hayden into this with rewrites (also complaining it was to much like mando, being a guy rescuing someone and their chase), but I'm not sure he's nearly as involved as with the other projects, which is why I was taken aback when the grand inquisitor got stabbed. I'm going to assume there's more to it and they aren't trying to kill him here. Will be interested to see how next week plays out

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know there was reports he forced Hayden into this with rewrites (also complaining it was to much like mando, being a guy rescuing someone and their chase), but I'm not sure he's nearly as involved as with the other projects, which is why I was taken aback when the grand inquisitor got stabbed. I'm going to assume there's more to it and they aren't trying to kill him here. Will be interested to see how next week plays out
Well…I know we only believe things around here if somebody with a name tag says it on an investor call…

But common sense says filoni is basically the chief creative officer of Star Wars now.

Passes the eye test

Jacob Marley

As for Lars, I understand his concerns over protecting Luke and keeping the Force out of his life. It just came across in this series as if he was more upset at Kenobi than what was needed. Like some clash took place between Revenge Of The Sith and this causing extra resentment. The I Didn't Do It For You comment he made to Kenobi after the inquisitors tried to draw him out, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As for Lars, I understand his concerns over protecting Luke and keeping the Force out of his life. It just came across in this series as if he was more upset at Kenobi than what was needed. Like some clash took place between Revenge Of The Sith and this causing extra resentment. The I Didn't Do It For You comment he made to Kenobi after the inquisitors tried to draw him out, etc.
They may flesh it out…

I just assume he has a “ no tolerance” policy for the Jedi stuff. Which would be wise

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Entertaining and also a bit cheesy.

A little girl outruns grown men a couple times (despite being the slowest runner ever), one of the characters appears to have escaped from Jurassic Park, and the villain is clearly a former parkour champion.

In a weird way it’s exactly what I expect from Star Wars, fun, action packed, and a little cheesy. I love it! Can’t wait for next week.

I’m glad Haja survived, he’s a fun character done by a fun actor.
The chase is the only thing I really cringed on…

But I think it was meant to be specifically for kids watching. A “fight” instead of a playground abduction.

It’s a shame…and reading the recap of Anaheim…how they really pooched movies.

The shows seem to have found their footing. But the movies were rushed out and only 1 worked. Sorta.

And now they’re scared to make them. What hubris by Bob the lord of IP

LSLS

Well…I know we only believe things around here if somebody with a name tag says it on an investor call…

But common sense says filoni is basically the chief creative officer of Star Wars now.

Passes the eye test

I mean, I honestly wouldn't be surprised by that, but I'm still a bit surprised he didn't get any producer credit (at least from what I saw).

spacemt354

Chili's
Not sure why Owen Lars is suddenly being a jerk toward Kenobi in this. Last we see the two together, Kenobi is handing he and his wife infant Luke at the end of Revenge Of The Sith. They seem like friends and very grateful for being given a son to raise. Now he's talking to Kenobi like he is scum.
Uncle Owen at the end of Revenge of the Sith was looking away from him at the twin suns.

I'm sure he was grateful for Luke but the reception of Obi-Wan was always cold, even in Legends. He never approached him that was his wife at the end of the film.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ok…I liked it. Wasn’t an overly complex plot so far…but none of the streaming shows really are…

But I have one thing sticking in my side (not a piercing as 1999 or 2015) that I need them to flesh out. 2 things actually…

I think - hopefully - next weeks episode will fix that?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I mean, I honestly wouldn't be surprised by that, but I'm still a bit surprised he didn't get any producer credit (at least from what I saw).
I doubt it’s a coincidence it was so laden with prequel and rebels stuff…and chow is his favorite - I believe - of the new directors.

I also noticed - ahem - one exec is trying to rebuild their “street cred” in recent days…

Great…that would involve doing a complete 180 on every direct decision they’ve made so far..

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm sure they're not going to contradict Rebels WRT the Grand Inquisitor. Perhaps there is... another.

Or, he got better. Maul survived being cleft in twain and the fall. (Although, falls never kill a Force-user.)

And WRT Owen: It's likely he's grown fond of Luke and is thinking of him as his own son. Thus, he more than ever wants to protect him from his destiny than he did at first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom